1.    #1  
    Hi guys... I've recently realized that I can't delete contacts in my stock Pre 3. The "throw to the right" gesture just won't go, as if it wasn't possible to do in the contacts list.

I have a Hotmail account as contact source, but I'm sure I was able to delete contacts back in webOS 2.1 on my original Pre.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  2.    #2  
    Bump. Really no one else has my problem?
    some cloud services won't let you delete from the phone. I don't know about hotmail, but yahoo is like that.

so first check to see if it is a limit to the service. Then open up the contact on the phone and use the upper left menu to see if you can delete the contact.

let us know how those ideas work out.
    where is everyone getting all these pre3 phones??
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Check to see if it is a limit to the service. Then open up the contact on the phone and use the upper left menu to see if you can delete the contact.
    Ah, good tip, I hadn't bothered to check if the contact page had a delete function in the menu. So it happens that Skype contacts can't be deleted. The other ones remaining were, in fact, SIM card contacts, the kind that the operator puts in there for certain services they give, without asking first.

So I was successful indeleting a regular Hotmail contact, using the contact page's menu. The funny thing is that the swipe sideways gesture to delete it from the list didn't work. As I said, it behaves as if the contacts list simply doesn't allow for that gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix
    where is everyone getting all these pre3 phones?
    Basilix, my Pre 3 came from Expansys in France. 220 euros just at my doorstep. I think it's great value for an unlocked phone with this specs. The fact that it runs webOS makes it greater value, of course!
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    where is everyone getting all these pre3 phones??
    Europe, presumably (i'm in London)
    Quote Originally Posted by gastr View Post
    Europe, presumably (i'm in London)
    Why is Europe selling Verizon Pre 3's? This makes no sense, although anything HP has done lately isn't making any sense.

I'd love to pick up a Verizon Pre 3!
    back on topic, this thread is about contact management on the Pre3.

thanks!
    Ah, good tip, I hadn't bothered to check if the contact page had a delete function in the menu. So it happens that Skype contacts can't be deleted. The other ones remaining were, in fact, SIM card contacts, the kind that the operator puts in there for certain services they give, without asking first.

So I was successful indeleting a regular Hotmail contact, using the contact page's menu. The funny thing is that the swipe sideways gesture to delete it from the list didn't work. As I said, it behaves as if the contacts list simply doesn't allow for that gesture.

as far as I remember the contacts app never supported swipe to delete.. It was a patch (I remember the patch for 1.4.5)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    as far as I remember the contacts app never supported swipe to delete. It was a patch (I remember the patch for 1.4.5)
    OUCH! Can anyone else confirm my stupidity?
    just powered up my pre2, unable to swipe to delete any contacts (palm profile-based or other). I've always used the menu from within the contact to delete them.
    I'm pretty sure I deleted the contacts on my sim through the contacts app on my pre3 (swipe to reveal delete button IIRC). I suspect Cantaffordit is right in that cloud based contacts don't get deleted by the phone.
    Heres a link to the patch*http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-contacts.html unfortunately I don't know if the contacts app on the pre3 is Mojo or enyo.. This is a mojo patch for 1.4

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    I'm pretty sure I deleted the contacts on my sim through the contacts app on my pre3 (swipe to reveal delete button IIRC).
    How strange, I confirm I can't swipe to delete, see that post about that feature being a patch, not standard. I also confirm SIM (and Skype) contacts can't be deleted anyway, with an specific warning about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Heres a link to the patch, unfortunately I don't know if the contacts app on the pre3 is Mojo or enyo.. This is a mojo patch for 1.4
    I was able to swipe to delete in my 2.1 metadorcored original Pre.
    I can delete a contact via the contact app's app menu (top left) - though I'm not sure right now if this functionality comes from a patch (I have all of sconix' patches installed).
    And swipe to delete also works.