Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I have a pre 3 and the back cover has a lot of give and squeaks. the movement is like that of a jam jar lid (just without the clicking and not so extreme) and the case is not held in tight to one side.

Every time i pick it up i can feel it and its becoming quite annoying.

Anywhere i can buy replacement Pre 3 Back covers / ideas to make it stop?

EDIT: after posting this thread i found a squeaky case was a known issue for the original pre's. There have been work arounds including cutting a business card in half and placing it ontop of the battery, i will try this and let you know how i get on.

EDIT: WOW what a difference, stopped the creaking. Works great!

Sorry for the unnecessary post, didn't know it would be so easy to fix!
    Last edited by rbyrne; 09/15/2011 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    I have a pre 3 and the back cover has a lot of give and squeaks. the movement is like that of a jam jar lid (just without the clicking and not so extreme) and the case is not held in tight to one side.

Every time i pick it up i can feel it and its becoming quite annoying.

Anywhere i can buy replacement Pre 3 Back covers / ideas to make it stop?

EDIT: after posting this thread i found a squeaky case was a known issue for the original pre's. There have been work arounds including cutting a business card in half and placing it ontop of the battery, i will try this and let you know how i get on.

EDIT: WOW what a difference, stopped the creaking. Works great!

Sorry for the unnecessary post, didn't know it would be so easy to fix!
    Thanks still. You saved us the search effort and put both the problem and the solution in one place. If any one of us new Pre3 owners, face this issue, it is going to be handy.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    thanks - nice to know it's an easy fix in case I run into any squeeky issues
    I have the same problem, actualy my whife's phone is worst than mine, I will try this too.
    my phone rattles when its vibrating and its quite noticeable, i tried to put a halved business card but it didnt fix that, any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran9558 View Post
    my phone rattles when its vibrating and its quite noticeable, i tried to put a halved business card but it didnt fix that, any other ideas?
    That is loose slider in your case (mine is the same), I am on it, trying to figure out how to make it better, but it will rather not be a simple fix as the above, at least I can't think about anything very simple in this case, requires some more tinkering inside.