1.    #1  
    Guys,

This seems to strange that the phone cannot send pictures or files by bluetooth! Why is this functionality missing? This could be a real show stopper for me as I use that a lot.
    Is there another way to quickly get files to and from the device (except using a usb cable)
    Quoting Mr Lancewright on 23/01/11 saves me some effort to write the same.

"I can live with HP / Palm not including the appropriate Bluetooth profiles enabling file transfers as it can lead to a lot of software piracy and media piracy.

But, are you telling me that after a year and a half, and with the supposedly "open" WebOS platform that there is not a SINGLE WebOS developer who hasn't come up with a patch, application, or hacked solution to this?

Seriously?

This feels like a more political situation than technological, because even a Jail-broken iPhone can do Bluetooth file transfer these days. "

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...uetooth-3.html
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for that. But wow, thats terrible. I wanted to send some photos to the wife last night and could not find a way to do it. Looks like I may go back to my android phone and pop this up for sale.
    I think TBtransfer in Preware will do this. It requires a complimenting software on the computer if I recall, but should do the trick.
    Yes I know the feeling. Having an N900 I am used to multi-select the pictures I want to transfer and than choose to batch upload to Flickr, send by bluetooth, email.. you name it.. Out of the box.

If only the N900 had 1 GB of RAM and an quicker processor I wouldn't even be posting on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I think TBtransfer in Preware will do this. It requires a complimenting software on the computer if I recall, but should do the trick.
    Thanks for trying to help but the idea is to send files by bluetooth directly to devices that can receive those.

Not requiring the girlfriend to install the Symbian/iOS/Android/BB receiving side software component of the TBTransfer preware application first.
    Sending pictures through Email works but few people have email enabled on the road and the instant sharing fun is not the same.

Never been in the situation?

"Nice picture, can I have it?"
    "Sure, what is your phone's bluetooth name, I ll send it right away?...Oh, I see.... you had to have an iPhone (Pre3) he he, sorry I will send you an email with the link later (never eventually)."
    I can't find it now, but someone discovered that Pre 3 and Touchpad are able to receive files via Bluetooth. File is stored in /tmp folder. If you have Internal installed, you can move it from there to /media/internals or wherever you like. Unfortunately sending file from Pre is not possible at the moment AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    the pre3 can recieve requests from others to pair and recieve files fine, it just lacks the option to send anything back in return.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I remember the old pda's could share files via infrared I liked it since it was quicker than bluetooth I cant believe they stoped adding that feature when they created the pre I am sure it woulded come back eventually like I said its better than bluetooth and besides sharing files via bluetooth sounds to me soo primitive thats a feature that use to be on phones a long time ago and if its still there people dont use it any more? never been in a situation never where a friend asked me for a song or picture
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    hello you can send files via text?
    Hey, at least webOS will receive any file. Android 4.1 imposed new restrictions on what file extensions they support, and it's stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by cguido View Post
    I remember the old pda's could share files via infrared I liked it since it was quicker than bluetooth I cant believe they stoped adding that feature when they created the pre I am sure it woulded come back eventually like I said its better than bluetooth and besides sharing files via bluetooth sounds to me soo primitive thats a feature that use to be on phones a long time ago and if its still there people dont use it any more? never been in a situation never where a friend asked me for a song or picture
    Actually I have a few LIfedrives and the option to send/receive files via infrared or bluetooth works great, but the bluetooth is much better, faster.

If anything, there's still several things that the Lifedrive still does better than most new devices...

If only Palm would have had the intelligence to push forward and improve upon PalmOS.

Yes WebOS is very nice and I love it, but there's so much functionality that was lost...

Again, stuff like this is why they failed, when they could have rules the portable device market.

My Lifedrive could do bluetooth stereo, the video player (TCPMP) is still superior to anything out there, making playlist with Ptunes is unequaled also.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...