1.    #1  
    UK Pre3 - activated for US catalog with impostah.

Have new AT&T sim card with individual plan and data.
    Insert sim card (following instructions correctly)

Sign in with my real palm profile account; says sign in failed due to either low network coverage or sim card settings need to be entered manually.

Can someone post their AT&T sim card settings so that I can confirm all is correct at least on that front?

TIA

- Thomas
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  2.    #2  
    Moved into an area with better coverage; now it says I need to contact palm support for assistance! DOH!
    Hmmmm... I went into Best Buy and had them install a new SIM card for me. I had an iPhone 4 with the microSIMs, so I couldn't swap em out myself. The agent claims she didn't make any changes in the phone other than putting in the SIM card and changes into my AT&T account, but everything from data, calls, and texting work fine.

I can get you settings on mine if you know where I need to look?

Too add, I didn't use impostah when I logged into my Palm account or registered with the Palm Store either...
  4.    #4  
    I may need to do a full doctor first then try again.
    Palm support says there is nothing wrong with my profile account.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    If it is a GoPhone branded SIM you'll need to have an AT&T rep replace it with a standard one - they should do this for free
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaten View Post
    If it is a GoPhone branded SIM you'll need to have an AT&T rep replace it with a standard one - they should do this for free
    It was initially a gophone branded sim but i updated the account to an individual account. So it could be the sim card?
    I wanna say SIM card then, and in my case, it wasn't free. $29.99 Activation charge which included price of the SIM card.
  8.    #8  
    I had asked for a new sim card when I upgraded the account from gophone to regular plan; but they said I could use same sim!

I am getting data because I was able to change my palm profile password through the phone during activiation; it just wont log me into the profile.

EDIT: It may also be because I used Impostah initially for activation. Some other posts indicate that I might have backupped the pre3 to the servers...so I should disable backups then full device wipe then 1st use login. If that does not work; gonna doctor and try 1st use again. If that doesn't work as well; back to AT&T for a new sim card.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    All I know is the GoPhone sim is blocked from working on "SmartPhones" oddly my Pre 2 worked great but my Windows Phone 7, Veer and Pre 3 were blocked from using it
    So im considering using a pre2 and switching to att. It worked for you to use a non postpaid sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    So im considering using a pre2 and switching to att. It worked for you to use a non postpaid sim?
    Yes, I can confirm. i had a Pre Plus on go phone before and today I activated a Pre 3 on the account (activated as in switched sims ).