webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Good screen protector for the Pre 3?
Good screen protector for the Pre 3?
Like Tree1Likes

Old 03/11/2012, 11:38 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonomitch View Post
I got these and am happy with them. They're quite thick, good for even deep scratches and actually have cutouts for the pre3 speaker.

6 x Screen Covers Guards Films for HP Palm Pre 3 | eBay

Bargain I thought.

Now all I need is a decent case / cover to protect from being dropped, which killed my pre-
bonomitch,

did you ever get a case? if so, which and why?

thx!
rayraypre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2012, 04:24 PM   #42 (permalink)

Just to add to this:

I bought a Zagg screen protector for my Pre 3. With a discount that was easy to find through google, and after shipping, it came out to a little over $14. I didn't have experience installing these things, but I got it on with no bubbles. I really like how it looks and feels, and would definitely recommend it. Even though it has been said that it would take a lot to scratch this glass, I feel better having it.
Sylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2012, 07:24 AM   #43 (permalink)

mmmm, I took a similar package of screen protectors from a german seller, some months ago, but I had big issues installing them ( wasted the first 3, kept getting bubbles and gave up ), plus they were not exactly as big as the screen... ( they were smaller than it, and the hole for the speaker was a bit bigger ) so alignment was an issue, too.

How are these screen protectors , as fit etc ? Is not having the hole for the proximity sensor causing any problem ?
mazzinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2012, 08:59 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl View Post
Skinomi TechSkin - HP Pre 3 Screen Protector

I ordered these. Will give feedback once i receive them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylo View Post
Just to add to this:

I bought a Zagg screen protector for my Pre 3. With a discount that was easy to find through google, and after shipping, it came out to a little over $14. I didn't have experience installing these things, but I got it on with no bubbles. I really like how it looks and feels, and would definitely recommend it. Even though it has been said that it would take a lot to scratch this glass, I feel better having it.
@XPL... So how did the skinomi shield turned out??? I noticed on the pictures that it has some cutouts for the camera and light sensor... are they very noticeable once its applied or not much...

@Sylo... Does the zagg shield have also the same cutouts???

I don't think that neither the camera and the sensor would need the cutout... the protector is practically invisible to them...

I like better the look of my pre 3 as it is right now, one piece of glass with just one cutout for the speaker... and for my pre+ I had the skinomi shield and I liked it a lot... so I'm really considering it, but those cutouts are turning me to other options...

please let me know your thoughts... are the cuts visible at first glance or do they blend and you don't notice them??? and does the zagg shield have cutouts??? if so, also both???

Thanks...
chav1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2012, 09:04 AM   #45 (permalink)

I purchased the Skinomi Techskin, like I do with all my phones. The cutouts are extremely exact, so be careful when applying.
Trader05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2012, 10:21 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
I purchased the Skinomi Techskin, like I do with all my phones. The cutouts are extremely exact, so be careful when applying.
but once installed, is the cutout visible at first glance or you need to stare at them to notice it??? as you can see I'm picky with my gadgets and their appearance, hehe...

Last edited by chav1to; 06/20/2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: correction...
chav1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2012, 01:48 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1to View Post
but once installed, is the cutout visible at first glance or you need to stare at them to notice it??? as you can see I'm picky with my gadgets and their appearance, hehe...
You can definitely see the cutouts.
Trader05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2012, 02:31 PM   #48 (permalink)

The cut outs are good as some folks have had to trash their screen protector when it started messing with the proximity sensor.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Trader05
Old 01/12/2013, 07:31 AM   #49 (permalink)

the Pre.3 definately does.not have the gorilla glass screen. Used it for a week without screen protector and there are a lot of minute scratches. found out the hard way as the screen scratches easily and its too late. please get yourself a screen protector

However, not a single scratch on my veer after using it for a year mixing it with keys and etc.

Anyone else has similar experience? the pre 3 is currently retired until a screen protector is bought.

Last edited by maxbg; 01/12/2013 at 07:39 AM.
maxbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2013, 12:47 PM   #50 (permalink)

Gorilla glass is not scratch proof. I know many friends with devices that Corning lists on their site as having Gorilla Glass and they get scratched too.

Vent Mounted Touchstone for Pre3 DIY!
vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2013, 07:28 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
Gorilla glass is not scratch proof. I know many friends with devices that Corning lists on their site as having Gorilla Glass and they get scratched too.
depends..... It should not be so easily scratched. Pre 3 has the worst quality glass used compared to most phones
maxbg is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0