Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Curious as to whether anyone has imported it and gotten it working on t-mobiles network.
    well mine will be here in couple of days and i plan to run it on tmobile, i know for sure that it will run on edge only. No 3G as it doesn't have the 1700 band.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm using mine on T-Mobile runs great on the EDGE network - used around 2.5 GB already over the slower net.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pre 3 QWERTY, The Veer, GSM Pre 2 and GSM Pixi Plus - 64GB White TouchPad and 32GB Black TouchPad
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    JLegacy and Cantaffordit like this.
    LOL, yeah my Pre3 is on T-Mobile and gets 3G but I guess you mean T-Mobile in the US which is a whole other problem. Screenshots don't prove anything unless you can somehow show the location too.
  6.    #6  
    yes, i men in the us on t-mobile.
    everything works normally. the only thing is that you don't get 3G
    how are people finding the speed? I really only use mobile data for e-mails, light browsing and the occaisional map. I don't need it to be super fast, but I don't want to be crippled either.

also, how about call quality? dropped calls?

edit: I checked on wikipedia, and it claims EDGE is sort of 2.5g, and gets typical data rates around 400kbps (peaks at 1mbps). that isn't too bad actually. I may go ahead with tmobile then. I'd still like to see more comments in this thread about how people are getting on with tmobile though.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 09/29/2011 at 09:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    forgive me if this is a stupid question, but will it work hspa+?
    Treo 680, Treo 750, Pre-, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoom15 View Post
    forgive me if this is a stupid question, but will it work hspa+?
    On T-Mobile? No
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaten View Post
    I'm using mine on T-Mobile runs great on the EDGE network - used around 2.5 GB already over the slower net.

did you have to do any thing special? do tell
    FOLLOW ME
    http://twitter.com/TeckieGirl
    TeckieGirl Official website
    [url]http://www.TeckieGirl.com
    I have used my Pre + on T-Mobile for over 1.5 years, and just bought a Pre 3 that Im using on that very same account.

It works just fine - I believe the Edge radio is of higher quality, or maybe the antennae is better designed, because, Edge is fast (when you first set up the phone, you havent had the opportunity to wet up a wifi connection, so, when the profiler starts downloading apps and your specific information, it appeared to be faster than on my Pre+, is Edge only, and that showed 4 bars, when, in the past, Id have only 1 or 2 bars for edge).

Calls and MMS work just fine as well, so far. Its an amazing device, so far. The real advantage of this device on T-Mobile is that it does work seamlessly after you insert your sim card, as long as the device has been unlocked.

I am sure that one of the first patches the Homebrew people will whip up is a way to ditch the ATT screen that pops up on start up...

PS.. if, by some miracle (and, lets hope that this doesnt happen, for the sake of all mobile consumers in the US), ATT does wind up purchasing T-Mobile, there's a good chance that all T-Mobile customers would have access to ATT's 3G bands, as well.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I too have taken the plunge and activated my Pre3 on T-Mobile's Monthly 4G plan. I just got the basic $30 plan. The fine print says that after you exceed the 30MB data cap in a month, data is throttled to 2G speeds for the remainder of the month; since the Pre3 only does 2G EDGE data on T-Mobile anyway, in my book that's effectively unlimited data. I suspect if I were to use several gigabytes every month T-Mobile might notice and force me to the $50 plan, but I rarely use more than 100MB or so anyway so it will probably be fine. EDIT: I WAS WRONG ABOUT THIS - the $30 plan is CAPPED at 30MB of data. see here: http://forums.precentral.net/3191306-post13.html

I've had some odd occurances so far though, but they may just be flukes. Initially I put in the T-Mobile SIM and entered the unlock code, and everything proceeded ok, I logged in to my Palm Profile as normal. After the initial activation was complete the phone restarted, and then it asked for the unlock code again... but this time the same code wouldn't work. I asked the guy in the T-Mobile store, and he tried putting it in Airplane mode and then back to normal, and sure enough it worked ok after that. Then the next day I was on my way down the I-15 towards San Diego to get to the MCAS Miramar Air Show, and I noticed that the phone showed no signal at all... I was a little surprised since this was a populated area, it's not like I was out in the desert on the way to Vegas. Another 20 minutes later it STILL showed no signal, and even started reporting a SIM error. So I tried Airplane Mode again, and sure enough as soon as I turned the radio back on I got 5 bars right way.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 10/03/2011 at 08:31 PM.
    btw, 2G EDGE data is slower than what I had on Verizon EVDO, no doubt about that, but so far I've found it perfectly usable.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    when I lived in indy I was on tmobile. I used to switch my phone manually to atts network since I had free roaming. Are u still able to do that?
    how would I go about doing that?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    when I lived in indy I was on tmobile. I used to switch my phone manually to atts network since I had free roaming. Are u still able to do that?
    I think they ended roaming agreements, but they only roam in very rural areas.
    Since the Pre3 doesn't have the radio bands needed for 3g/4g on T-Mobile, would there be any benefit to telling the phone not to try (battery life perhaps)? Or does it already know not to somehow?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Since the Pre3 doesn't have the radio bands needed for 3g/4g on T-Mobile, would there be any benefit to telling the phone not to try (battery life perhaps)? Or does it already know not to somehow?
    It doesn't seem to last that long on EDGE ironically, I can't imagine battery life on 3G. Being on WiFi does help the battery life out a lot though.
    My phone works just fine on 4G and will last all day if I use it lightly . I went all day saturday and still had 43% when the day was done . I also didn't use it often as I was riding my Harley all day . But I did use the phone on several occasions as expected it was very trustworthy . Lol

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast