1.    #1  
    Does it only work on At&t? I've also read something about getting a pre paid sim for it?

What is the best option? I currently have the motorola photon....and I think I hate it. Well, I really miss webos and its simplicity. If I could get a pre3 and get it working. I'd be so much happier.
    It will work exactly the same as any GSM phone
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by k_roxas13 View Post
    Does it only work on At&t? I've also read something about getting a pre paid sim for it?

What is the best option? I currently have the motorola photon....and I think I hate it. Well, I really miss webos and its simplicity. If I could get a pre3 and get it working. I'd be so much happier.
    For performance issues, take a look at the sticky at the top of the Pre 3 forum. That gives many of our impressions of the "semi-crippled" 3G.

ATT works better than T-Mobile. Still, the real issue could be finding one.

Our hopes are still pinned on getting the ATT version somehow released via HP.
    not exactly, for one you really need AT&T for 3G because the Euro Pre3 lacks one of the two US 3G frequencies.

For me so far it works fine, though I live very close to San Fransisco in a densely populated area, haven't traveled any distance with my Pre3 yet. (I have a Veer and a Pre2 in case of travel)

My main complaint for pre3 is storage - 8GB without storage expansion is lacking. Also price is high depending on where you get yours. If your not desperate for a Pre3 then look into a Pre2, still a decent phone.

The pairing functionality with the TP and Pre3 is neat, though unfortunately your not (or at least I am not) able to have a BT headset paired with either the TP or the Pre3 at the same time the TP and Pre3 are paired to each other. I think it's a limit of 1 audio BT connection per device. so I probably won't keep my devices paired all the time because of that.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I use mine on T-Mobile - runs on EDGE - but with that said I've used around 2.4GB in around 17 days - so I use a bunch of data even on EDGE
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    AT&T you get no "4G" as that's on the missing 850 MHz UMTS band and you get 3G only where there is 1900 MHz coverage. You get 2G/Edge everywhere else. T-mobile you will get no 3G only edge.

Prepaid sim works fine.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    AT&T you get no "4G" as that's on the missing 850 MHz UMTS band and you get 3G only where there is 1900 MHz coverage. You get 2G/Edge everywhere else. T-mobile you will get no 3G only edge.

Prepaid sim works fine.
    So does that just mean the data will be slower on T-Mobile? Everything else will work fine? Phone calls and texting?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Yes calls and text work normally

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pre 3 QWERTY, The Veer, GSM Pre 2 and GSM Pixi Plus - 64GB White TouchPad and 32GB Black TouchPad