1.    #1  
    Hey,

Just bought my Pre3 and I'm very happy with it but I've noticed something odd. Sometimes when the screen is off and I slide open the keyboard the screen is dark, as if the backlight isn't on, then after a second or so it brightens up. The brightness of the screen also fluctuates quite a lot, it doesn't always do this but it does it enough to warrant mention.

Anyone else have similar experiences with theirs?

Leon
    isnt that the autodim which i think theres a patch for on preware.

edit: yeah i think its "disable light sensitive dimming" patch.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 09/13/2011 at 05:24 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, that's great there's a patch, I just wanted to know if it was a problem experienced by more people than me before I went down that avenue.
    I experience a lot of backlight fluctuations, too... But, on the other hand, my original pre also did that so I'm used to it
    alsi i dunno if its 1 of my patches or normal but the backlight brigtness for my actual keys seems to be a % based on the screens brightness lvl.

if i turn my screen brightness all the way down my keyboard brightness follows the same dimming, which tbh isnt an issue and a rather handy batt saving side effect.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    alsi i dunno if its 1 of my patches or normal but the backlight brigtness for my actual keys seems to be a % based on the screens brightness lvl.

if i turn my screen brightness all the way down my keyboard brightness follows the same dimming, which tbh isnt an issue and a rather handy batt saving side effect.
    i find this EXTREMELY annoying, i will dim my phone when its dark... but then the keyboard is too dim to see, i wish they had seperate sliders
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    i find this EXTREMELY annoying, i will dim my phone when its dark... but then the keyboard is too dim to see, i wish they had seperate sliders
    I believe there was a patch for that, inversing the keyboard light. High screen backlight (means lots of ambient light) -> low keyboard illumination. Low screen backlight (means dark room) -> higher keyboard illumination.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    ah yeah fair point.