Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By gastr
  1.    #1  
    That is the question.

So, after having got a Pre3 to upgrade from my Pre- I finally got my 32Gb TouchPad to keep it company and now I face a dilema.

I do a fair amount of travelling so I'll end up tuning off the data connection on my Pre3 when abroad, relying on wifi hotspots. Now I have both bits of kit, I think that the Pre3 may be redundant as the Pre- I still own can do a lot that the Pre3 can, the things it cant I'd switch to the TP.

So I guess I'm looking for other users opinions on whether it's worth me keeping hold my Pre3 or going back to my Pre- for travelling. Which one should I go for?
    I would keep the Pre 3. It should be far more future proof than the Pre- and last you longer. Who knows how easy it will be to get another. Plus you can do all that Touch to share and phone call/sms sharing between them. Hopefully the Pre 3 will obtain app parity with the Pre1 -2 soon.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Keep them both and get a Veer too - better for formal dinners and what not as it's so stealthy.

Yes, I know I'm sick.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Keep the Pre- and sell the Pre3 to someone on PreCentral
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    I would keep the Pre 3. It should be far more future proof than the Pre- and last you longer. Who knows how easy it will be to get another. Plus you can do all that Touch to share and phone call/sms sharing between them. Hopefully the Pre 3 will obtain app parity with the Pre1 -2 soon.
    Umm, tbh, got the TP so phone usability isn't my biggest deal, and it's far easier to find parts for a Pre, or find a replacement one. I do like the call/sms sharing, very cool stuff to see it in action, but touch to share has yet to make me think it's worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Keep them both and get a Veer too - better for formal dinners and what not as it's so stealthy.
    lol I like your style
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    Keep the Pre- and sell the Pre3 to someone on PreCentral
    lol I thought someone would say this and the cost aspect does appeal to me but if I can utilise the Pre3 better then I'll keep it. Struggling to find a way to do that yet
    Keep the Pre3. Superior build quality, flash, future updates (fingers crossed), bigger screen, speeeeeed, etc.
  8. xpl
    The Pre3 is much, much better than the Pre 2 and the original, so I would keep the pre3!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Havent recieved my Pr3 yet but I will probably feel the same way before I get used to its larger form factor. Only use my Pre for calling, calendar and mails so I dont really need a larger device its just that I wanted to try something with modern hardware and the Veer seemed a bit tiny. Would have bought both if the Palm Profile could be shared, bring the Veer while going for a run and use the Pr3 at work.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    if you have the pre3 in your possession and are still asking this question then there's nothing i can say to convince you i guess! to me it's the best phone going around (of course i'm biased, these things are subjective...) and i'd never go back to my Pre+ (let alone a Pre-!!), even though i loved it too.

can't understand why you're unsure, to be honest! but hey, to each their own...
    hagster, nikipod and The Bard like this.
    On the other hand, I understand your dilemma in letting go off your Pre-. I am in the same boat as you. Having used my Treo 680 for almost four and half years, I am finding it difficult to digest the fact that it is going to be replaced by the Pre 3 in a week's time. More of a sentimental thing I guess.