Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm wondering what apps work with the Pre 3's Front Facing Camera - can I use it in the built in camera app - haven't found a way yet - what is out there - is Skype in the phone app the only one?
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaten View Post
    I'm wondering what apps work with the Pre 3's Front Facing Camera - can I use it in the built in camera app - haven't found a way yet - what is out there - is Skype in the phone app the only one?
    isnt that a sensor on the front?
    in the app catalog, search for "camera"

there is an app that will let you take pictures with the frobt-facing camera.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Haha no - your Pre 3 actually has a front facing camera
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Not finding it - I own it for the TouchPad - no dice for the Pre 3 though ...
    Quote Originally Posted by smell View Post
    isnt that a sensor on the front?
    there is a sensor in the front maybe 1/8th of an inch to the right of the tiny camera, not sure what sensor it is maybe a light sensor or something.
    camera is tiny!

what app is used to access it? 'camera' from the appcatalog isnt there?
    bump?...
    Camera is a Touchpad only app I think, since the promocodes released by HP are for Touchpad customers only, and Camera was one of them (I think!)
    Not finding it - I own it for the TouchPad - no dice for the Pre 3 though ...
    I can send you FreeCam to see if it works on the Pre3.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 09/15/2011 at 11:48 AM.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I can send you FreeCam to see if it works on the Pre3 (let's say that my device detection routine is better than the one in Camera for TouchPad).

I'd like to try it.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Yeah FreeCam should work. I have it on my touchpad. Pics are awful though since its a VGA camera...

Just a question... Why do you need you ff camera since you got a 5mpx on the back ?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Heck of a lot easier taking a picture of yourself with the FF one - use my FF camera on my iPod touch all of the time!
    Yeah FreeCam should work. I have it on my touchpad. Pics are awful though since its a VGA camera...

Just a question... Why do you need you ff camera since you got a 5mpx on the back ?
    In fact, it's a 1.3mp camera, not a VGA one, and it takes nice 1280x1024 pics (The Touchpad)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Sorry for that. I only used it inside my house and the lighting didn't help at all.
    1.3 is ok but still cannot be compared with the 5mpx of pre3

By the way, a front facing camera is ideal to take pics of me and my son when i am babysitting
    Quote Originally Posted by barenomore View Post
    Sorry for that. I only used it inside my house and the lighting didn't help at all.
    1.3 is ok but still cannot be compared with the 5mpx of pre3

By the way, a front facing camera is ideal to take pics of me and my son when i am babysitting
    Works fine with PhotoFun
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...bunny.photofun

(Yeah, go and get it, it's quite cheap, for TouchPad 3.0.2)

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I can send you FreeCam to see if it works on the Pre3.

could you send it to me please?
    Last edited by smell; 09/18/2011 at 07:34 AM.
    ok so im still not shur bout this cuz the only way i have been able to use the ff camera is in skype... and i have not found an app for the pre 3!

im figurin that its kinda like the l.e.d. no way to use it other than camera flash
    Last edited by littlehadsell; 10/14/2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehadsell View Post
    ok so im still not shur bout this cuz the only way i have been able to use the ff camera is in skype... and i have not found an app for the pre 3!

im figurin that its kinda like the l.e.d. no way to use it other than camera flash
    Actually, there is a patch that will allow you to use the LED as a flashlight called LED Torch.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I will pay for this app. 3.00
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast