Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Hey anyone got navit working on pre 3? mine will boot up but i cant get it to access the maps!

i put the map in the maps folder of navit and changed the navit.xml doc, editing the part in the mapset tags to "/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps/uk.bin" but it wont work

any ideas?
    yes me too. no idea how to add maps.
    Click here to see my Palm Pre photos

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
    Wasn't it supposed to be renamed to planet.bin or something?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I can get Navit working on my pre3, Navit Map can not be found from preware,and can not see updates from preware as my Pre plus did.
    Navit and Navit maps, the woking ones are in the testing feed.
    I used it and works without any problem.

If you donīt know how to add the testing feeds here some hints *g*

Index of /feeds/webos-internals/

Somewhere there, they might be
    Strange...

I was able to install it two days ago from Preware. Anyway, the main source is here :
    Application:Navit - WebOS Internals

Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Yes the working Pre3 versions are only in the testing feed until now as they are not 100% stable. We will push them to the normal feeds soon.

HaPe
    Ooops... I have the testing feed configured in my Pre3.... That's why I found it ! I did not figure out that. Sorry.

(I thing I will apply as beta tester )

Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    BTW HaPe the new version works like a charm, thanks for that
    I also own a Pandora (OpenPandora) and they wonīt get navit to run there maybe I will look in your changes and try to make it possible on a Pandora as well, if that is ok to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Holliefant View Post
    the new version works like a charm
    Not in my case: It randomly shuts down without any error. Happens while searching for a street, or when browsing menus. I'm using the Madrid only maps I made by myself, for the original Pre version, which worked great. Would you advise me to use Navit Maps app to download a new, huge map?
    Hmmm Madrid.. Iīd love to see that city one time.. But back to the Topic, I uses Navit Maps to Download the Map it is Austria+Germany+Switzerland (1.64 GB) and didnīt have trouble with it. But I will test it now again to be sure.
    Guess what? IT WORKS! The only thing I had to do is disable Google in the Location services app.
    I don't know why, it seems that Google location data has precedence over the GPS.

I did some tests walking yesterday night: First, the inbuilt Bing Maps app, which worked very slowly, but that's because I've exhausted this month's data plan, and I'm on glacial plain 3G speeds to download map tiles.

Next came Navit, which knows how to deal with the famous "GPS bug" that affects everything west side of Greenwich. It worked fine, except for some little degree jumps in orientation. I've had never seen this before, but it might me due to be walking, instead of riding my motorcycle or driving my car.

It also didn't crash like it usually did on me several times. Do you know why it's unable to find many streets, that were indeed found in the previous versions for the original Pre? I'm using exactly the same map files, done by myself in the fantastic Navit Planet Extractor.

Finally, NDrive came and, to my surprise, it indeed works great. I thought it would suffer from the "GPS bug", as it hasn't been updated like Navit.

All these tests were done with several other cards open, and while listening to music. All went smooth in this Pre 3, no glitch, no lag, no nothing. That's impressive, compared to how my poor original Pre struggled to just open a single navigation app, as it was permanently working in swap memory.

Those were heroic times - The Pre 3 is a champion!
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Guess what? IT WORKS! The only thing I had to do is disable Google in the Location services app.
    I don't know why, it seems that Google location data has precedence over the GPS.

I did some tests walking yesterday night: First, the inbuilt Bing Maps app, which worked very slowly, but that's because I've exhausted this month's data plan, and I'm on glacial plain 3G speeds to download map tiles.

Next came Navit, which knows how to deal with the famous "GPS bug" that affects everything west side of Greenwich. It worked fine, except for some little degree jumps in orientation. I've had never seen this before, but it might me due to be walking, instead of riding my motorcycle or driving my car.

It also didn't crash like it usually did on me several times. Do you know why it's unable to find many streets, that were indeed found in the previous versions for the original Pre? I'm using exactly the same map files, done by myself in the fantastic Navit Planet Extractor.

Finally, NDrive came and, to my surprise, it indeed works great. I thought it would suffer from the "GPS bug", as it hasn't been updated like Navit.

All these tests were done with several other cards open, and while listening to music. All went smooth in this Pre 3, no glitch, no lag, no nothing. That's impressive, compared to how my poor original Pre struggled to just open a single navigation app, as it was permanently working in swap memory.

Those were heroic times - The Pre 3 is a champion!
    Please will you post a step by step guid on how you made it work including how you linked navit and the maps up?
    Mine doesn't have audio, every time I click on the audio icon it shuts down.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Mine works perfect although I must say the voice guidance is rather robotic-like and quick.

Saying all this, it will quit the application 3/4 times. Once it runs, everything is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post

!
    jcmarcos-
    How did you get NDrive on your Pre3? Is NDrive available to only the EU for Pre3? Thanks , looking forward to having it on ATT model soon..........
    Quote Originally Posted by trippert57 View Post
    jcmarcos - How did you get NDrive on your Pre3?
    I just requested to be a betatester, at "beta.ndrive.com". They don't accept any more betatesters since a while.

Is NDrive available to only the EU for Pre3?
    Sorry, I don't know. But there are NDrive threads over here, this one's for Navit...
    Yesterday I started Navit again since a long time, and wanted to tinker a bit with it. My main gripe is that the default colours are kind of a joke: I mean, streets are YELLOW? And in night mode, streets are dark blue on a black background, with impossibly small captions. What is this?

I'm reading the Wiki documentation about the skins, but I don't get it: Yes, I have the "navit.xml" file in "/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit", but I can't find the "navit_gui.xml" file, nor any of its alternatives. Also, I'm confused about those "guis", "layouts", "osds" and "vehicle-profiles" directories, I don't know if one or all of them affect the appeareance. For example, I have "00-default.xml" in "guis", what does it mean?

Perhaps the Wiki documentation is outdated, and recent versions of Navit have their configuration files setup differently? Should I better search for generic Navit documentation?