Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    So I thought the Pre 3 did Touch To Share with TouchPads is this not true? - I've done TTS from TP to TP - I thought the Pre 3 was already updated to do it - are others having this problem of it not working?
    It does work with TP/Pre3. Both devices need to be paired with Bluetooth however and you have to touch the TP near the homebutton... At least this is the case with my device...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    yes, make sure they are paired via Bluetooth first.
    It works.
    Question has to be asked though, touch to share what exactly?
    I love webOS and this could be a killer feature but at the moment its little more than a gimmick unless I am drastically missing something, if this supported contact/calendar bookmarks etc syncing then it would be amazing, but how many times will we need to transfer a web page between machines?
    hopefully hp/preware gamg will make it more useful
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    is it gesture area to home button? - what area of the pre 3?
    Do we need to have the same palm account on both devices ?
    Or do we have to download an application ? Because otherwise it's not working for me...
    Ok first pair the devices with bluetooth.

Then open a webpage on one or both using the default browser. The browser must be maximised (not in card view)

Touch the pre 3 so that the hp logo on the back touches the home button on the tp. The tp screen should ripple and you're done

EDIT: redmist posted a nice demo on youtube with is working one way, the other way and then both ways

Last edited by Andyf; 09/12/2011 at 02:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Thanks works great now - also is there any way to lift the limitation of only one BT device connected to the Pre 3 at a time? - also another cool hack would be to use the TP as bluetooth speakers for the music app - any developments there?
    You don't need to pair the devices first, as long as the pre3 and the touchpad are on the same profile, touching the HP logo on the back of the pre3 to the home button on the touchpad will:

a) first use, set up the Bluetooth pairing and prompt you to turn on Bluetooth on both devices by popup
    b) subsequently prompt you to turn on blue tooth on both devices by popup
    c) transfer active URLs in both directions, and launch the new browser cards
    d) display messages received on pre3 on touchpad & enable you to send messages from the touchpad through the pre3
    e) enable voice calls to be dialled made & received through the touchpad
    Last edited by ianmr65; 09/12/2011 at 06:41 PM.
    My Palm Pre is tweakalicious! - Your iPhone is tweakaphobic!
    it will pass the url of a maximized browser from either device.
    Haw anyone noticed that TTS is a bit temperamental? I was really struggling to get a url from my Pre3 onto the TP. You must have a browser window active on the TP for it to work (from my testing today that is the only way it works). Also had to do it a couple of times to get the right url to transfer (even though the one I wanted to send was active - the one in the card behind got sent the first time). Interested to know others experiences. I will keep testing it out to see. When it works its a great feature. Sometimes I may get a url from my twitter but want t oread it on the TP due to large screen and its so useful just touching to share.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    Haw anyone noticed that TTS is a bit temperamental? I was really struggling to get a url from my Pre3 onto the TP. You must have a browser window active on the TP for it to work (from my testing today that is the only way it works). Also had to do it a couple of times to get the right url to transfer (even though the one I wanted to send was active - the one in the card behind got sent the first time). Interested to know others experiences. I will keep testing it out to see. When it works its a great feature. Sometimes I may get a url from my twitter but want t oread it on the TP due to large screen and its so useful just touching to share.
    i have found the same problems as you.

for example, from carbon (twitter) i had opened a few links and left a pile of things to read in a stack, and when i get home to the touchpad i try to TTS them across individually. it chose one of the cards on the stack to transfer, and transferred it multiple times! what the...?
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Argh I'm finding that often it doesn't work at all. One time when it wasn't working I rebooted the touchpad and tried again without success. Then rebooted the Pre3 and tried again. TTS worked once but then not again.

freaking annoying.

I wish I could detect a pattern and then figure out why it works sometimes and not others!
    Wish we could get the Pre3 in the US on Sprint...

But be that as it may, what I've noticed from my TP-TP TTS is that the receiving card does not have to be open, however, you cannot share the same URL over and over with touch to share (probably to prevent the same card from opening over and over again)

What I've found works is one has to be open with the web page card maximized that you want to share, have the other on the blank home screen. Touch to share, then the ripples happen, at which point it is ok to move them apart. It can take up to 10-15 seconds to see activity on the device you expect to receive the URL.

If you plan on sharing a subsequent time with the same 2 devices, the URL you share HAS to be different (closing the card on the receiving device does not count). I think it assumes its been shared once and doesnt need to again to prevent repeated cards opening with the same URL as I mentioned. I could only consistently and repeatedly TTS if the sending device had changed to a different URL/website

Also, I have noticed some slight tempermentality (is that a word?), be sure of your positioning, I know a lot of the issues I experience on the TP to TP sharing is if the orientation is not currently identical, although this is probably not relevant with phone to TP.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    i can't reliably reproduce TTS even with different URL's. i still get the ripple, but nothing happens.

it works sometimes, and it doesn't work sometimes. i can't seem to find a pattern.

i always do it with the "sender" webpage maximised, and on the "receiver" i either have an empty "desktop" or some open windows in card view (i.e. nothing maximised). that should work, to my knowledge.
    Try rebooting both.

I had it not responding for the first time last night, and it worked fine after a TP reboot.
    Mine works but whatever site I have open on my touchpad the pre 3 always opens to m.precentral.net !
    Quote Originally Posted by beradon View Post
    Also, I have noticed some slight tempermentality (is that a word?)
    Yes, it is but its spelt temperamentality.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    It does work with TP/Pre3. Both devices need to be paired with Bluetooth however and you have to touch the TP near the homebutton... At least this is the case with my device...

bang on correct, should see a giant water ripple effect when it works.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast