Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rasputintin
  1.    #1  
    What the title says really...in an area I have 3 out of 4 bars of signal on my HTC HD2 I cannot even find a network. Anyone else having any network issues, well, weak signal issues anyway, in the UK with any provider?

Thanks in advance guys.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by apple254; 09/10/2011 at 02:38 PM.
    I am on T-Mobile but the signal is pretty crap to non-existent in my house...luckily I am able to use Orange (as they are now owned by the same company). Using Orange I can usually get 5 bars in most parts of the flat, the worst I get is 3. In conclusion, no I have not had any problems using Orange.

Have you tried using T-Mobile? If you haven't registered to use it you may have to go to the Orange website (I had to do this on the T-Mobile website to gain access to Orange).

nikipod likes this.
    Should be receiving my Pre on Tuesday and I'll let you know what I find; but I would definitely set up access to t-mobile if you're on Orange.
    I'm with Orange who share signal with T-mobile in UK. I live in central London, and no matter which phone I use, signal is terrible. The amount of dropped calls, network busy and connection errors I get is unreal.

Typical of rip off Britian, IMO. Why provide a reasonably priced quality service when you can provide a crap expensive one.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the responses guys. Have been using T Mobiles signal for a while now and always had 2G signal everywhere I went. I am just outside of Woking and normally have HSDPA on my HD2 and did on HTC Mozart and on a Desire! But with this I only get 2 out of 5 bars in exactly the same place (in front of the computer ;-) )

Which brings me to my next point, does anyone know if this baby has a dedicated logo for HSDPA, like an 'H' or '3G+' or something similar?

Hmm, I'm finding exactly the opposite at the moment. Was on O2 before and my Pre- bearly managed a bar at any point through the day at home but on T-mobile I always have a min of 2 bars and in some parts of the house get full reception.

Have also found out and about in Milton Keynes and surrounding area that my signal has been consistently better. The only place this hasn't been true is in Ikea where O2's was full bar but T-mobile gets nothing... Odd.

Always have 3G logo displayed on reception and even got an (r) on the Orange network - not sure what that stands for?

isn that when it roams onto the orange signal or vice versa?
    Its better to be over the hill than buried under it.
    Hi,

i got my pre3 yesterday and when switched on with my second sim of dual sim o2 contract with one number, i am getting full signal on my SGS2 where as i am getting only 2-3 bars on pre3 at same place

anybody know whats the reason?
    Fine here, 4 bars and in a rather concrete cubby hole of the house.

Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    For a lot of the uk, three had the best allround coverage, their my first choices for mobile broadband at least.

Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by apple254 View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys. Have been using T Mobiles signal for a while now and always had 2G signal everywhere I went. I am just outside of Woking and normally have HSDPA on my HD2 and did on HTC Mozart and on a Desire! But with this I only get 2 out of 5 bars in exactly the same place (in front of the computer ;-) )

Which brings me to my next point, does anyone know if this baby has a dedicated logo for HSDPA, like an 'H' or '3G+' or something similar?

i dont think it has an icon except G or 3G, i have a pre 2 and there is a patch that changes it to UMTS or HSDPA.
    on three UK here, getting 1-2 bars, yet on two other phones, full service everywhere.

I love the hardware and the OS but for me, its beginning to become a love hate relationship with this thing.

Every day brings new bugs, along with a wildly fluctuating battery life. and no, im not trolling.
    Its better to be over the hill than buried under it.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyroochoo View Post
    on three UK here, getting 1-2 bars, yet on two other phones, full service everywhere.

I love the hardware and the OS but for me, its beginning to become a love hate relationship with this thing.

Every day brings new bugs, along with a wildly fluctuating battery life. and no, im not trolling.
    Unfortunately I'm starting to agree with you, purely because of the signal issues. Very very annoying. Texts not coming through a lot which is also extremely irritating, and of course there is the battery life. Put in my vodafone sim and could very rarely connect to their network at all...my sister always has full bars in the same room :-(