Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Can we create a list of fully stable/tested preware for the Pre3 here?
    I have had mixed results with a few items and would greatly appreciate knowing which patches and apps people are having good results with.

Thanks.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Keep in mind preware is the installer, the apps/patches themselves fall under the category of homebrew. I only point that out, as WOSQI uses the same homebrew standard and as such, can install homebrew apps/patches in the same format/system as Preware

All of my patches were tested to work on webOS 2.2.0. As far my apps, I need to do an update to Internalz Pro for the different screen size, but otherwise it should work fine
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Thanks for the correction.

I currently have only muffle system logging (and the requisite GNU patch and ldiff) and govnah installed after some issues with mode switcher and advanced menus (likely I did something wrong).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    All of my patches were tested to work on webOS 2.2.0. As far my apps, I need to do an update to Internalz Pro for the different screen size, but otherwise it should work fine
    Actually I have problems with your app LED Torch, both on my pre3 and veer. tried several times to reinstall, even after complete wipe, still no change. screenshot is attached. appreciate your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by acc12 View Post
    Actually I have problems with your app LED Torch, both on my pre3 and veer. tried several times to reinstall, even after complete wipe, still no change. screenshot is attached. appreciate your help.
    Oh, yea, forgot to mention that in my earlier post. The Pre3 changed the LED flash. It should be possible, but information on how to control it is unknown at this point, sorry
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Oh, yea, forgot to mention that in my earlier post. The Pre3 changed the LED flash. It should be possible, but information on how to control it is unknown at this point, sorry
    allright, thx for the quick info.
    @ Jason

What patches would you recommend for other pre 3 users?

for speed, battery life..

i currently have installed:

-muffle system logging
    -profile remove dropped packet logging
    -max blocker
    -eom overlord monitoring
    -remove untrusted SSL Certs

thanks
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Is anyone using sconix's advanced menus (modes) without seeing rapid battery loss? I was using them and find it hard to live without them (and yes, I'm a donor!) but I haven't gone back to them since seeing my cpu pegged while running them.
    Quote Originally Posted by smell View Post
    @ Jason

What patches would you recommend for other pre 3 users?

for speed, battery life..

i currently have installed:

-muffle system logging
    -profile remove dropped packet logging
    -max blocker
    -eom overlord monitoring
    -remove untrusted SSL Certs

thanks
    can you plz tell me how to do the last 2 things, I can't find these patches in preware
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran9558 View Post
    can you plz tell me how to do the last 2 things, I can't find these patches in preware
    ok found it
    I am running without preware or patches now. I saw massive battery drain from the Mode Switch + Advanced menus and installing all the muffle logging stuff and some other patches released at the same time caused my phone to stop receiving SMS messages, I blamed the network at first but since I Doctored it no more problems.
    ah. I was wondering why I was seeing a huge battery drop. I just got the latest update (i'd forgotten what OTA updates were like!) but it doesn't seem to play well with the advanced system prefs patch, so I will be doctoring this weekend and going back.

i'd also like to see the 15px messaging patch back as well as full screen browser. If I need full screen I can turn the phone upside down, but i've found the accelerometer to sometimes throw a wobbly and it can take a minute or two to get back to normal.