Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree50Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hanggaw View Post
    If the ATT Pre 3 was flashed to become an EU Pre 3, does it mean that it's an unlocked Pre 3 now?
    The webOS Doctor has no effect on carrier locking.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    mr2sweet likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Not hard at all. There are two option. 1. Root-install the ipk from the EU Pre3

2. Change your Pre3 tokens to a EU Pre3 so you can doctor and plus get the most stable installation of Skype. I would go for this option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Dang! One of those ATT pre3's sold for $750?
    Well, since I will shortly have both (AT&T one arrives Monday), I'm willing to help if I can.
    you can easily extract telenav app from you current att pre3 and even package it as an ipk if you need help doing this let me know. You might even consider trying the telenav from the veer's webOS doctor. It might resize for the pre3 screen size.
    MatterOfFactJack
  3.    #163  
    Yeah jack,

we actually tried that and we got the ipk from the Veer but it doesn't scale. Hey, better than nothing right? I didn't really need AT&T Nav, so I got rid of it.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    You guys had any issues with the Pre3 charging on the Touchstone? I had taken mine down to about 25% battery last night and dropped it onto the Touchstone to charge over night. Turned the screen off like I always have from exhibition mode to not brighten the room. Anyway, 9 hours later I get up and its at 74%. I do a few things on it while still on the TouchStone and its then at 69%. So I hooked it up with USB into the wall and it charged the rest of the way, just found that odd..
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    You guys had any issues with the Pre3 charging on the Touchstone? I had taken mine down to about 25% battery last night and dropped it onto the Touchstone to charge over night. Turned the screen off like I always have from exhibition mode to not brighten the room. Anyway, 9 hours later I get up and its at 74%. I do a few things on it while still on the TouchStone and its then at 69%. So I hooked it up with USB into the wall and it charged the rest of the way, just found that odd..
    The first night, I had a slight problem. The Pre3 kept slipping off like a little bit and the "charging battery" kept repeating and repeating. When I woke up, it was really hot but now it never does that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Can we get a pic of the mirror? Want to know if there is an AT&T logo on that.
    I really miss the Palm logo on the back... I hope these come down in price, I will buy one... I have to say guys, I just ordered my 3rd AT&T Pre Plus from Ebay (I keep losing them), and I have an Android phone also... No one can touch the webOS system, not even close, it is a crying shame that the developers are letting it slip through the cracks... BLOWS MY MIND!!!... Just goes to show the sheer power of marketing, my girl has the iPhone 4, it's a nice phone, but I don't even want one in the slightest... Still going with the Pre all day!!!... Please continue to keep us posted in full on your likes and dislikes of the Pre3 please... I'm already eyeing them on Ebay... AND IT'S 4G... UGH!!!
    Hi guys. I've been a long time lurker around precentral. Here's my first post ._.;

I'm getting an AT&T pre 3 shortly and I just wanted to make sure that the impersonation to the UK version wouldn't interfere with the HSPA+. Can anyone verify this?

Also, is there any real reason *not* to impersonate if you don't need the AT&T nav app?
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by landen View Post
    Hi guys. I've been a long time lurker around precentral. Here's my first post ._.;

I'm getting an AT&T pre 3 shortly and I just wanted to make sure that the impersonation to the UK version wouldn't interfere with the HSPA+. Can anyone verify this?

Also, is there any real reason *not* to impersonate if you don't need the AT&T nav app?
    I'm pretty sure it has no change on HSPA+ (but I live in a 3G area). There is no reason not to. Its pure benefit (able to doctor, skype, doctor, did I mention doctor?)
    i would do so just to doctor in case you have a problem. knowing my luck, i would some how brick my unsupported pre 3
  10.    #170  
    Hey, now that the Doctor is in his office, I will be reverting my Pre3 back to AT&T Pre3. If you guys also want to do this, just follow the same instructions but with AT&T tokens that Rod(I believe) has posted.
    wow, what a difference 3 weeks makes. 3 weeks ago today, Soorma posted first pics of the completely unobtainable AT&T Pre3; in fact it was the first proof the AT&T Pre3 even existed. Now today I have one sitting in the box on the table (trying to decide how to deal with my Verizon contract and phone number, and whether to go with an AT&T sim or take the cheap way out with t-mobile), and there are several hundred for sale on e-bay with prices dropping fast (I bought at $325 on Monday, now they're down to $240-$260).

I wonder if 3 weeks from now ebay will be littered with Verizon Pre3's at sub-$300 prices, and I'll be wondering why I bothered with an AT&T pre3.
    Soorma likes this.
    and... for those who may be curious, my Pre3 is now active on T-Mobile with the $30 pre-paid Monthly 1500 minute/text plan; data is effectively unlimited for my purposes (technically it's 30mb of 4G, which the Pre3 can't even get, then after that it's throttled to 2G speeds for the month... I'm sure if I used many gigs every month T-Mobile might get mad and force me to a higher plan, but I always average 50-75mb per month so I'm not worried).

Verizon would not accomodate me AT ALL, even though I offered to activate another verizon phone to take the place of my Pre+ on my contract. I've had the same Verizon Wireless acccount for over 15 years, going back to the final days of PacTel Cellular, but I got no help from them at all. I'm saving so much on T-Mobile though, my Verizon ETF will be paid for in less than 6 months, and the Pre3 will be paid for in another 9 or so. So at this point I don't much care.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789