Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    v shiney, heres me scared of using a normal pre3 incase it ever broke, you have a much more rare beast that needs much more special attention.

gz tho
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Thanks Rod.
    Using the impersonation route, will I lose the AT&T Telenav app on doctoring?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  3.    #143  
    yes, you will lose that but will gain Skype!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I rather have skype than att NAV anyday, how hard was it to install skype?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    yes, I don't use Telenav, but it would be nice to have both. I have Skype on my UK pre3 and it's definitely something I wouldn't want to do without. Just hoping their might be a way to extract Telenav and then install it on the UK-impersonated, US pre3.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I think thats very possible since you have both phones. We just have to wait until more people in the community get att pre 3's to start hacking away.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Dang! One of those ATT pre3's sold for $750?
    Well, since I will shortly have both (AT&T one arrives Monday), I'm willing to help if I can.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    I rather have skype than att NAV anyday, how hard was it to install skype?
    Not hard at all. There are two option. 1. Root-install the ipk from the EU Pre3

2. Change your Pre3 tokens to a EU Pre3 so you can doctor and plus get the most stable installation of Skype. I would go for this option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Not hard at all. There are two option. 1. Root-install the ipk from the EU Pre3

2. Change your Pre3 tokens to a EU Pre3 so you can doctor and plus get the most stable installation of Skype. I would go for this option.
    How do I change the tokens? The walkthrough on webos-internals wiki was very confusing.
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post
    How do I change the tokens? The walkthrough on webos-internals wiki was very confusing.
    Yeah, Rod made it thinking that we already knew most of the stuff but don't worry, I'll write my own step-by-step. Just give a couple of hours!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Yeah, Rod made it thinking that we already knew most of the stuff but don't worry, I'll write my own step-by-step. Just give a couple of hours!
    Please update the existing Wiki page with more detailed instructions.

Please do *NOT* write it in a read-only post which no-one else can edit and which will get obsolete.

Thanks.

-- Rod
    Soorma likes this.
  12.    #152  
    Alright guys, I did it but for the sake of everything I could not format the last steps. Rod, you want to do little formatting for me?

Pre 3 Impersonation - WebOS Internals
  13.    #153  
    And for webos-internals, I have donated $50 for Rod's help and love for the community
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Once I recover from buying 2x pre3s and another toy (Colt XSE Rail Gun, yes I'm a gun nut, forgive me), I will be making a donation to webos-internals. To date I've donated to individual devs, but webos-internals is the future of webOS and pre3 IMHO.
    Soorma, I saw some people say that the Skype app is now available in the AT&T Pre3 US app catalog. Can you confirm if this is true or false? Thanks.
    PS - everytime I look at your avatar, it looks like a giant delicious plate of spaghetti :P
    Soorma likes this.
    I can confirm that there is indeed a Skype app in the AT&T catalog. It works great.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I installed skype on my att pre 3 from the app catalog and it works flawlessly.
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Soorma, I saw some people say that the Skype app is now available in the AT&T Pre3 US app catalog. Can you confirm if this is true or false? Thanks.
    PS - everytime I look at your avatar, it looks like a giant delicious plate of spaghetti :P
    It's true volcom45, I was the one that started that thread

also, haha, that avatar is a religious symbol called a Khanda but I see where the spaghetti comes from and that sounds really good right now!
    If the ATT Pre 3 was flashed to become an EU Pre 3, does it mean that it's an unlocked Pre 3 now?
  20.    #160  
    no, it would still be locked I think.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast