Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    My dream of owning a pre 3 look slimmer everyday.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Just curious, what would someone be willing to pay for an AT&T Pre 3 if it was for sale?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    My budget is 400.00 tops.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    OP:

Or anyone: Does the AT&T Pre3 comes with AT&T Nav? If so, would it be possible to extract the ipkg from it? If it's too much of a legal thing, I can avoid that for the sake of keeping stuff on the up and up
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    Just curious, what would someone be willing to pay for an AT&T Pre 3 if it was for sale?
    $600
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    OP:

Or anyone: Does the AT&T Pre3 comes with AT&T Nav? If so, would it be possible to extract the ipkg from it? If it's too much of a legal thing, I can avoid that for the sake of keeping stuff on the up and up
    bnceo, I had planned on doing that but yeah legal issues Sorry about that but there was a thread around here about pulling it from the Veer and somehow patching it. Try looking for that. Or better yet, can't we pull it from a Pre?
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    The att telnav ipk from the veer doctor works well enough ..actually flawlessly except one bug- the maps will be veer screen sized on the pre3 screen geography. driving directions and vioce prompts are fully functional with this ipk.

The att telnav ipk from the pre plus doctor requires too much modification to make it worthwhile because the map size is still small on the pre 3. Remember pre plus doctor is 1.45 and there were major changes.

Take the att telnav ipk from the veer doctor, do a root install of it on your pre 3(CRITICAL - dont just install it like any other ipk install -must do a root install)

After doing root install make sure to delete the ipk file from the root. Then do a luna restart or just restart your pre 3 and you should have a working att navigator (with the
    minor map size isue) on your pre 3
    Do a forum search using root install as your keywords for instructions on how to do it
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Just curious how are the legal issues different with Pre3 than Veer?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Just curious how are the legal issues different with Pre3 than Veer?
    Legal issues as in I cannot redistribute the ATT Nav ipk. In the veer case, you already have it and aren't distributing it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    $700
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    The att telnav ipk from the veer doctor works well enough ..actually flawlessly except one bug- the maps will be veer screen sized on the pre3 screen geography. driving directions and vioce prompts are fully functional with this ipk.

The att telnav ipk from the pre plus doctor requires too much modification to make it worthwhile because the map size is still small on the pre 3. Remember pre plus doctor is 1.45 and there were major changes.

Take the att telnav ipk from the veer doctor, do a root install of it on your pre 3(CRITICAL - dont just install it like any other ipk install -must do a root install)

After doing root install make sure to delete the ipk file from the root. Then do a luna restart or just restart your pre 3 and you should have a working att navigator (with the
    minor map size isue) on your pre 3
    Do a forum search using root install as your keywords for instructions on how to do it
    Think there's any way to patch the app to expand the map size?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Legal issues as in I cannot redistribute the ATT Nav ipk. In the veer case, you already have it and aren't distributing it.

So lets just say someone had an AT&T pre3 and wanted to pull that app off...how would it be done?

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Sounds to me like Mize has an att pre 3.
    Looks like one just came up for sale on Ebay.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    @Soorma What are the HSPA 3G bands on the AT&T Pre3? Also, is it locked to the AT&T network? As per the AT&T Pre3 listed on eBay, the 3G bands are the same as the Euro Pre3 aand also it is unlocked. Sounds like the person has just mistakenly listed the Euro Pre3 specs.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Sounds to me like Mize has an att pre 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    @Soorma What are the HSPA 3G bands on the AT&T Pre3? Also, is it locked to the AT&T network? As per the AT&T Pre3 listed on eBay, the 3G bands are the same as the Euro Pre3 aand also it is unlocked. Sounds like the person has just mistakenly listed the Euro Pre3 specs.
    Yep, normal Ebay seller cut and paste failure.

Here's the response I got to my question about it:

Me: "UMTS: 900, 1900, 2100 - I suspect you mean 850 here instead of 900."

Him: "UMTS is data frequency. North America already has 1900, 2100 is most of the rest of the world. This what the phone specs are."

Obviously someone who knows not about what they speak.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    kjb86 likes this.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    wow, $659?

now we just need a doctor...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    wow, $659?

now we just need a doctor...
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Pre_3_Impersonation

-- Rod
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast