HP Pre 3 16GB | MobiCity

HP pRe 3 16GB??
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    hmm happen to find this...
    Unlocked HP Pre 3 16GB | Smooth Mobiles

there is another link.

HP Pre 3 16GB | MobiCity

HP pRe 3 16GB??
    I have orders at both. They have no solid availability date. I was only 40% sure they would actually have them, and that is decreasing day by day. They offer a refund on pre-orders at any time.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    That's one ugly looking phone, what's the catch? Droid bionic, bold 9930, galaxy 2, and a iPhone I own over that. Some idiots are envious of it! ***!
    Sounds like you're wasting your time in this forum then, or are here for the wrong reasons.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Not scary at all. That's why I wrote Pre 3 Impersonation - WebOS Internals

This model is highly desirable. It would be even better if it had the full 512MB RAM

-- Rod
    oh dear, these AT&T units don't have 512MB? I hadn't realized that.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I'm so spending to much money trying to get my hands on this phone. I'll be homeless and poor but I will have my Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    oh dear, these AT&T units don't have 512MB? I hadn't realized that.
    As far as RAM size goes, all Pre 3's are the same, and all have less available RAM than the Pre 2.

The AT&T Pre 3 is no different from the unlocked EU Pre 3 in this regard.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    So Rod, I assume this means they both have 512MB but that it's not entirely available owing to more being consumed by RAM-resident OS elements, yes? If so, this should also apply to the Veer, at least if it's (eventually) running 2.2?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    CRAP, I've made a grave error. I actually went through with purchasing one of the Pre3's. WAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING? I can't afford this! And I can't figure out how to cancel the order!!!!
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    It's worth it. Sell your kids? ;-)
    Jive Turkey likes this.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    So I ran top and, indeed, my pre3 reports a total of 389,244 kB. So where's the rest of that 512MB?

Angelo, for what price did you order?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'm singel
    $753.73 AUD, I used paypal and it's attached to a credit card that is gonna cause me to commit financial suicide.
    The rest of the RAM is used by the cellular modem.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    For those wanting a real petition, I think we should have one petition make it's way to all the webOS meetups and have everyone sign there. Real signatures, not an online one.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    The rest of the RAM is used by the cellular modem.

-- Rod
    I'm trying to understand why would the cell modem need it? Why doesn't the Pre2 GSM do the same thing? Any insight as to the advantages of doing this?
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    The Pre 2 has a separate chip for the cellular modem, and it has it's own separate RAM chip.

-- Rod
    I got a confirmation email, it said that if they can't contact me in 3 days my order may be canceled. I'm not answering my phone even if Ed McMahon him self called.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    do you know what 3G(UMTS) bands this phone supports? 2100?
  19.    #119  
    The Pre 2 has a separate chip for the cellular modem, and it has it's own separate RAM chip.

-- Rod
    Hey Rod, I got it! I successfully changed the tokens and made it a EU Pre3 but how do I double check? I did it about 2 hours ago but it still shows "invalid serial" at the Palm site.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Hey Rod, I got it! I successfully changed the tokens and made it a EU Pre3 but how do I double check? I did it about 2 hours ago but it still shows "invalid serial" at the Palm site.
    All Pre 3's show invalid serial on the Palm site. They have no clue about actually supporting products that were released outside of the US.

Use the doctor link from our wiki page.

-- Rod
    Soorma likes this.