Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Hey, does any of your guys' Pre3 have a slight wobble to the sides? It's like the Oreo effect but much less (like much much less, only if I push it that way)/ Thanks!
    No mine is perfect. I think it indicates a serious problem with yours. If I were you I'd get rid of it (to me) as soon as you can before it causes you big problems.

How much wobble? I think any slider is going to have a slight bit of wobble, my Veer is almost rock solid, watching it you can't see it but you can feel it slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    If someone wants to start an online petition I'll sign. Though I'm not sure it's AT&T you should be targeting - they cancelled before the stock was delivered so while it's branded AT&T the stock is presumably still HP's. And after all it was HP who ultimately pulled the pin so target them.

I'm sure HP could sell the stock at $300-$400 each without too much trouble. If I was a shareholder I'd rather that $12m be back in the company than in a warehouse. Or donate one to each precentral member!

C'mon Rod or someone, let's make some noise about this somewhere it matters!
    So I did it. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...-pre-3-4g.html if you think this situation stinks as much as I do.
    Soorma likes this.
    we wont see the phone. If they let us have it it will cut into sales and profits for other phones in the att line up. Thats the thinking of a ceo and we all know they are the idiots running the show.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    That's assuming it's AT&T's stock, which I doubt is the case. AT&T cancelled their order so I assume the stock, while AT&T branded, still belongs to HP. Hence the petition to HP, not AT&T.
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    How much wobble? I think any slider is going to have a slight bit of wobble, my Veer is almost rock solid, watching it you can't see it but you can feel it slightly.
    Just a little to the sides but only if I push it. I never have had the oreo effect so I wasn't sure if this is what that was. Doesn't seem to be a concern though
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Sorry, this just doesn't mean much coming from some guy who joined last month after the fire sale. Some of us are using 2 year old Pre's because we haven't been able to get newer WebOS phones on our carrier since. It's not a "want it because you can't have it" thing. It's a "I want a WebOS phone because I love WebOS" thing.
    Fair nuff...btw, did you get a TP before firesale?

Took me a minute but Sat Sri Akal to you too my good man
    Sorry, am not a punjabi munda but noticed your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Not EVEN close to being correct for most here.

I knew I wanted it when it was announced back in February and then demonstrated - and I dare say most others feel the same way.. we';ve been looking forward to this device's release since then.

The fact the we can't get it doesnt make it "more desirable", it just frustrates us after all those months of looking forward to finally getting the best WebOS run - smartphone device we really wanted, only to be told at the final moment before its formal release they wont be releasing the product after all, AND, to add insult to injury, that there are 50,000 of them laying around in some wherehouse in Indianapolis, IN, that will never see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    not everyone cares about having "the greatest spec'd device" out there.. because at the end of the day, specs are just that, specs.

Specs don't really matter.

Just because you may not want the pre 3 after a month or whatever, doesn't mean it's safe to assume that every other person is like you and would be the same.

I could easily use my pre 2 for the next 2 years. The only reason i want the pre 3 is for touch to share.
    Ok guys, I am NOT against HP Pre 3. I am just not getting the craze people have over it. I mean, WEB OS is cool and all but if you haven't noticed, HP STOPPED SUPPORTING THIS OS. Sure there are independent developers working by themselves on apps BUT obviously you do not get the same quality of apps as you would if WebOS was still active. By that I mean, these developers of webos apps would rather spend their time and talent on building iOS or Android apps which would be sold over and over again for years to come. For those who make free apps (hats off to you guys for doing such an awesome job at it) will have shift in priorities as they have real life and grow old and what not...what I mean is that, after webos was discontinued, it will never be the same. If WebOs was active and Pre 3 were NOT being sold in US, then I would understand the craze but since webOS is NOT active...this just sounds like a "collector's item" to me...but I too understand that there are "some" LOYAL webos fans here so no offense to you guys...this is just what I think.

p.s. the earlier post has nothing to do with my life on this world wide forum.

Thank you

p.s. 2 I am still using a flip phone so I am not being biased about specs and all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wised View Post
    Ok guys, I am NOT against HP Pre 3. I am just not getting the craze people have over it. I mean, WEB OS is cool and all but if you haven't noticed, HP STOPPED SUPPORTING THIS OS. Sure there are independent developers working by themselves on apps BUT obviously you do not get the same quality of apps as you would if WebOS was still active. By that I mean, these developers of webos apps would rather spend their time and talent on building iOS or Android apps which would be sold over and over again for years to come. For those who make free apps (hats off to you guys for doing such an awesome job at it) will have shift in priorities as they have real life and grow old and what not...what I mean is that, after webos was discontinued, it will never be the same. If WebOs was active and Pre 3 were NOT being sold in US, then I would understand the craze but since webOS is NOT active...this just sounds like a "collector's item" to me...but I too understand that there are "some" LOYAL webos fans here so no offense to you guys...this is just what I think.

p.s. the earlier post has nothing to do with my life on this world wide forum.

Thank you

p.s. 2 I am still using a flip phone so I am not being biased about specs and all...
    I think all people here that badly want Pre 3 aware what you said about WebOS stop being supported even HP not said like that. IMO, I'm hunting Pre 3 since 3 weeks ago and haven't yet success. If people ask me why I'm badly want Pre 3 even it is a discontinued product, my answer is simple : Because I don't want any other phone as my main phone. WebOS is good as it is. I don't nned many additional apps to make me satisfied with webOS, if there are 10 app for me then it will be more then enough. I won't hope WebOS app catalog will be filled with may new app / games. If I want tons of app/games, I use iOS. That's why I have iPad & iPod Touch 4 for fun. But for serious matter, such for works or doing business, WebOS is my best companion.

On my Veer I only use these app most: Forum, Yak/Carbon , Facebook (free), ,Agile Messenger (as backup if build in Messenger not work well), and off course Precentral app & Preware. Others just not need much.
    Gah, that's mean. Is there any way to flash EU ROM or anything like that? A patch perhaps?
    Considering there is no att doctor you need to find a way to back the sucker up incase you ever need it... and i wonder if you can go into the EU doctor and pull out what you need for skype and integrate it to yours.

Oh oh oh!! Did you check your WebOS profile to see if it lets you download the doctor for your device? Usually in your profile you get a link to the latest doctor for your device. I am curious to know what your profile says.
    Last edited by jack87; 09/12/2011 at 06:13 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Considering there is no att doctor you need to find a way to back the sucker up incase you ever need it... and i wonder if you can go into the EU doctor and pull out what you need for skype and integrate it to yours.

Oh oh oh!! Did you check your WebOS profile to see if it lets you download the doctor for your device? Usually in your profile you get a link to the latest doctor for your device. I am curious to know what your profile says.
    Hey Jack, I actually did get Skype by pulling the .ipk from the EU Doctor. Works like a charm. As for the ATT Doc, it says invalid serial but I have asked my source if they have any builds going around.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    My recommendation is to change the tokens to make it an EU Pre 3 as far as the doctor is concerned.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    My recommendation is to change the tokens to make it an EU Pre 3 as far as the doctor is concerned.

-- Rod
    Yes Rod. I will see what my source can offer and then if that is unsuccessful, I will contact you for hep.
    Hey Jack, I actually did get Skype by pulling the .ipk from the EU Doctor. Works like a charm. As for the ATT Doc, it says invalid serial but I have asked my source if they have any builds going around.
    Interesting and thanks for sharing. Good luck with your source... As Rod said about changing tokens.. That would be another option if you don't have any luck getting your hands on ATT doctor.

Just an FYI when doing the tokens thing... the only thing you might want to change is the ProductID and PN tokkens... I was working with someone on getting their Demo unit touchpad working... Although his profile said invalid serial for the unit... After we changed those to tokens (which are not unique to the device... like the serial is) his WebOS profile no longer said invalid serial and allowed him to download the WebOS doctor.... Remember ProductID and PN tokens... the serial was never touched.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Soorma likes this.
  12.    #92  
    Alright Jack and Rod, my source cannot provide me with a doctor. How do I change the tokens? This device is already activated and has a Palm profile.
    Alright Jack and Rod, my source cannot provide me with a doctor. How do I change the tokens? This device is already activated and has a Palm profile.
    Pre 3 Impersonation - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Soorma likes this.
  14.    #94  
    Thank you Rod! I'll be sure to check this out right after I finish my O Chem homework
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Wow...heading out into the wilds without a doctor? Scary.

Makes this model a bit (lot?) less desirable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Wow...heading out into the wilds without a doctor? Scary.

Makes this model a bit (lot?) less desirable.
    Not scary at all. That's why I wrote Pre 3 Impersonation - WebOS Internals

This model is highly desirable. It would be even better if it had the full 512MB RAM

-- Rod
  17.    #97  
    Not scary at all. That's why I wrote Pre 3 Impersonation - WebOS Internals

This model is highly desirable. It would be even better if it had the full 512MB RAM

-- Rod
    Rod, are you writing that page right now? It tells me that there is no text yet. I'll check in the morning and take your time, I'm in no hurry.
    Rod, are you writing that page right now? It tells me that there is no text yet. I'll check in the morning and take your time, I'm in no hurry.
    Shift-Reload the page. It is complete but our wiki is intentionally cached.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Holy mad tinkerers, Batman. You guys really know how to make this platform, dance!
  20.    #100  
    Shift-Reload the page. It is complete but our wiki is intentionally cached.

-- Rod
    woohoo I see it! Thanks Rod, I'll give webOS-internals a thank you bonus. I'll tinker on Friday