Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    @cheburashka Go for it. Any and all ways the community can think of to get these beasties released into the wild would be great. And please note that by "wild" I don't mean the AT&T employees who've been carrying them around with secret little smiles.

Let's call this movement the P3LO: Pre 3 Liberation Organization. Gonna need some commandos...
    haha but seriously, I'd like to see a few signs up in front of hpalm headquarters. right in front of the S,M,L banner. Free the Pr3!
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    You don't feel bad. You wouldn't have posted these pics if you felt bad. You posted these to show off and for no other reason but that. You feel great posting these. Hope you're proud of yourself. Enjoy AT&T's *marvelous* network...

I don't get it, why the hatred man? Also, what other *marvelous* network is there in the US that has wide coverage? You really think people are importing these to run on MetroPCS?
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rayray333 View Post
    haha but seriously, I'd like to see a few signs up in front of hpalm headquarters. right in front of the S,M,L banner. Free the Pr3!
    Put underneath a counter: "Held in captivity for XX days."
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Soorma, check you PMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Put underneath a counter: "Held in captivity for XX days."
    When would it start?! haha we didnt even get a hint at a release date...
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Soorma, check you PMs.
    Thanks Bro, I was using someone else's and I didn't check the settings. I'll them to turn it off too!
  8.    #68  
    Update: I did a root-install of the Skype ipk from the EU Doctor and got Skype running. Thanks TopTongueBarry!
    @ blue duck...

easy with the jealousy. Op did nothing wrong. Who cares what network he or she is on. Its not a competition.

I'm happy for the op to have the pre 3. The more the better to showcase to HP that they've made a terrible mistake with this.
    Soorma likes this.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    @ blue duck...

easy with the jealousy. Op did nothing wrong. Who cares what network he or she is on. Its not a competition.

I'm happy for the op to have the pre 3. The more the better to showcase to HP that they've made a terrible mistake with this.
    This was exactly the reason I took them off when I had posted them earlier. This is a deep-knit community and I just wanted to tell you guys "Hey, check this out".

kjb86 likes this.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I will sign the petition cheb speaks of love my UK pre3, but would like my missing umts band.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Ok this is really cool but come on guys...it's one of those things that "you want because you can't have." Iphone 5, Galaxy SII, and Nexus (next gen) will be releasing soon. They have more horsepower (better specs) and more luxury (way more apps) for probably the same price. You will enjoy your pre 4G for a day, week, month or even a year but then what? Don't get me wrong, I would want pre 4G right now too but probably won't want it after oct/nov. just my $0.02

p.s. sasriyakal ji
    Last edited by Wised; 09/10/2011 at 10:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wised View Post
    Ok this is really cool but come on guys...it's one of those things that "you want because you can't have." Iphone 5, Galaxy SII, and Nexus (next gen) will be releasing soon. They have more horsepower (better specs) and more luxury (way more apps) for probably the same price. You will enjoy your pre 4G for a day, week, month or even a year but then what? Don't get me wrong, I would want pre 4G right now too but probably won't want it after oct/nov. just my $0.02

p.s. sasriyakal ji
    Sorry, this just doesn't mean much coming from some guy who joined last month after the fire sale. Some of us are using 2 year old Pre's because we haven't been able to get newer WebOS phones on our carrier since. It's not a "want it because you can't have it" thing. It's a "I want a WebOS phone because I love WebOS" thing.
  14.    #74  

p.s. sasriyakal ji
    Took me a minute but Sat Sri Akal to you too my good man
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    If someone wants to start an online petition I'll sign. Though I'm not sure it's AT&T you should be targeting - they cancelled before the stock was delivered so while it's branded AT&T the stock is presumably still HP's. And after all it was HP who ultimately pulled the pin so target them.

I'm sure HP could sell the stock at $300-$400 each without too much trouble. If I was a shareholder I'd rather that $12m be back in the company than in a warehouse. Or donate one to each precentral member!

C'mon Rod or someone, let's make some noise about this somewhere it matters!

p.s. sasriyakal ji
    Not EVEN close to being correct for most here.

I knew I wanted it when it was announced back in February and then demonstrated - and I dare say most others feel the same way.. we';ve been looking forward to this device's release since then.

The fact the we can't get it doesnt make it "more desirable", it just frustrates us after all those months of looking forward to finally getting the best WebOS run - smartphone device we really wanted, only to be told at the final moment before its formal release they wont be releasing the product after all, AND, to add insult to injury, that there are 50,000 of them laying around in some wherehouse in Indianapolis, IN, that will never see the light of day.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Congratulations on getting the phone. Make sure you buy case and screen protector for it if you can.

p.s. sasriyakal ji
    not everyone cares about having "the greatest spec'd device" out there.. because at the end of the day, specs are just that, specs.

Specs don't really matter.

Just because you may not want the pre 3 after a month or whatever, doesn't mean it's safe to assume that every other person is like you and would be the same.

I could easily use my pre 2 for the next 2 years. The only reason i want the pre 3 is for touch to share.
    they should sell these

Id go back to AT&T for it
  20.    #80  
    Hey, does any of your guys' Pre3 have a slight wobble to the sides? It's like the Oreo effect but much less (like much much less, only if I push it that way)/ Thanks!