Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    hey OP!

I have an uncle in Nigeria with $1 million for you!

Just ship me the phone and your bank account and SS info hehehe
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    10.6 GB

it's right there in the op pics
    It was actually 13.2 out of the box. This is with my music
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    hey OP!

I have an uncle in Nigeria with $1 million for you!

Just ship me the phone and your bank account and SS info hehehe
    Where do I sign? haha
    After you activate it, can you try to get a doctor via your Palm Profile site?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Was it unlocked? How'd you unlock it?

Also. Really Depressed right now
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Gah, that's mean. Is there any way to flash EU ROM or anything like that? A patch perhaps?
    I would suggest not activating it as an AT&T device.

What you can do is use Meta-Doctor to change the tokens on the device, so that for all intents and purposes it is an EU device. Then you flash the normal EU Pre 3 doctor. I know this works

If you leave it as an AT&T device, I expect you will have problems with the profile server and app catalog, since the device was never released and therefore those systems probably have not been updated to recognise them, so you would be risking a 9.9.9 profile situation and no paid apps.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Talk to Rod about use of the meta doctor skipping modem flashing.
    You'll lose AT&T apps though. Also I don't think meta doctor has been modified for use with the Pre 3 yet.
    You can flash the modem, just need the nv_items to default to AT&T.

The meta-doctor fully supports the Pre 3.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8.    #48  
    Rod, I have had no problems with my Profile and I have paid apps in the catalog. The only thing I worry about is doctoring at need (no doctor available for this version)
    If they can't sell them for legal reasons, then I wish they'd give them away to those that are still rocking original Pres and that are on webOS 1.4.5. It seems only fair since we're the most loyal.

They gave away a $500-$600 tablet away for almost free, I don't see how much this move could hurt. If anything it'd show some love to those old owners, and the owners wouldn't feel bitter and cheated. A win-win since there's nothing they can do with those, they're just sitting in some warehouse.
    It's alive...

Seriously, wow this is awesome, congrats! Let's hope the rest will be become available!
    Well, now, if there are, indeed, 30k - 50k of these babies sitting in a warehouse somewhere around Indianapolis, IN, with the ATT brand on them, it would seem that there is an opportunity for WebOS device consumers to petition AT&T to get them a Pre 3.

If they recieve 50,000 calls and emails and facebook requests for a Pre3, they just might see the light.

To Sanjay;

You are, of course, 100% correct in your assessment of the root of the problem here in the US and North America - carriers have way too much control over what mobile devices become available to the consumers, that they do NOT ultimately own because they sell (without any initial cash outlay.. they only pay for the ones they sell, after the contracts are signed, so, NO risk) for a significant profit with binding long erm contracts and huge penalty fees, and have no real interest in providing truly competitive devices that work best for consumers - justones loaded with their branding, modifications, and carrier lock coding/hardware.

IMO, all mobile devices should be mandated to have all GSM and CDMA voice and data radios, which the device owner can EASILY enable or disable at no cost to them in any regard. Notice, I said "device owner", not carrier; that's the consumer who ends up buying the device.

Additionally, carriers should NOT be allowed to issue phones that they do not intend to own (in other words, no carrier selling phones to consumers). They can purchase phones from manufacturer's and LEASE them to consumers, for a lease period, but, they would have to be 100% responsible for the phone support and provide a warranty for the device for that period, and at the end of that period, the consumer gives the device back to the carrier .

Furthermore, all mobile phones made for use in the US should be made manditorily availalbe for sale to the consumer from the manufacturer with no carrier specific branding or features/modifcations/locking.

Do THAT, and competition by carriers will increase, and the consumer will be in the ultimate position to leave one carrier when they do not provide the best services at the most reasonable prices for him/her and go to another one that does, WITHOUT having to incur a penalty for breaking a mobile contract and/or the huge expense of having to keep a mobile device that wont work on any other carrier, while having to spend another large amount of money to buy another carrier-locked device.

I believe that this vehicle will allow many local/regional carriers to more easily expand nationally in user base, and grow to compete with the big 4, and in the end, we could end up with as many as 10 - 12 national coverage carriers to choose from, all with equal coverage, but different strengths and weaknesses.. now THAT's competition.

The way it is now, consumers are FORCED to stay with their carriers for the term of their contracts or face stiff financial penalties AND having to enter into new contracts with the same consequences with another carrier if they switch carriers.

The carriers have it 100% the way they need it for maximum profit, except for TMobile, which, will allow any phone, branded or not, to be on their network as an 'unkown" device, just as long as you are on the appropriate plan for the services the device needs to run. I use TMobile for my Pre+ and pay for unlimited voice/data/text in a family plan that is the lowest anywhere in the US - THIS is why AT&T wants T-Mobile - they cant get those customers like me to move over to them to pay 20% more for the same plan.

This is yet another reason why the loss of T-Mobile as an option for carriers in the US would be a huge disadvantage for US consumers, and why the ATT merger should not be permitted to go through.

Last edited by LCGuy; 09/10/2011 at 07:06 AM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Soorma likes this.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I even have AT&T, I would gladly take one or two off of their hands. I have thinking of switching to Verizon or Sprint anyways. I would stick around if I could get my hands on one of these.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Supposedly 30K to 50K sitting boxed in a wherehouse near indianapolis.
    This doesn't make sense at all. Why not have an "as is" sale and make a profit instead of paying for storage? The "as is" sale would make more money then the cost of storage. I'm sure there are Americans who need a job and it'll make both ATT and HP look good on at least one front.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I bought a UK pre3 but would buy at least one AT&T (850 UMTS) unit in a heartbeat...probably 2 so I'd have a backup.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Same here, Mize. I'd pass the UK one to my wife as she doesn't care about the 16GB or "4G", then I'd use the ATT one and, depending on the price get another for backup.
    Any chance whoever you got one from will be willing to hook you up with a limited supply for people on this forum
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    You don't feel bad. You wouldn't have posted these pics if you felt bad. You posted these to show off and for no other reason but that. You feel great posting these. Hope you're proud of yourself. Enjoy AT&T's *marvelous* network...
    I, for one, appreciate the pictures and don't see why you take such offense. As for the AT&T dig, again why? Many of us travel to many different countries each year making sprint and vzw very poor options.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Soorma and circadia like this.
    But really why can't we start a petition os something like that? Post on att facebook a picture of att pre3 and a message "we know you have it. Release it now or we are leaving". There are enough of us here. EVERYONE should post regardless of what network they are on! Cmon people.

Ps I'm tired of US carriers dictating to their customers (and influencing others) what will and will not be. Whatever happened to "the customer is always right"?
    Last edited by cheburashka; 09/10/2011 at 03:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Easy, blue duck butter, easy.

I think soorma knows how bad the community wants one and even more, how much the community wanted concrete info on whether they exist or not. "Pics or it didn't happen" right? Well, dammit, it did happen...they've been made and they're out there.

And besides, if you had one of these mythical beasts in your hand...how easy do you think it'd be to keep quiet?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Soorma likes this.
    No I mean we should post it on their facebook as proof that we know they have them so they cant deny it.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast