Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    tecnhics*
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    I will trade you 2 technics 1200m3d dj turntables and a pioneer djm400 mixer for that phone pm me if interested. Technicals turntables sell over 800 dollars a piece.
    He will sell for $1 million
    read his post . Stop asking him to sell the device. He won't
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Soorma likes this.
  3.    #23  
    haha The $1 million was a deterrent, just in case
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    You are one lucky man! congads! Enjoy it, hopefully as much as i will enjoy my UK pre3 that just came in the mail
    Soorma likes this.
  5.    #25  
    Nice! The only bad thing: there is seriously no choice for Skype under "accounts"!

TopTongueBarry: any other options?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Nice! The only bad thing: there is seriously no choice for Skype under "accounts"!

TopTongueBarry: any other options?
    We have the option on EU devices. If you tap on add account you should see skype listed. If not, its been removed from the AT&T rom.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    We have the option on EU devices. If you tap on add account you should see skype listed. If not, its been removed from the AT&T rom.
    Gah, that's mean. Is there any way to flash EU ROM or anything like that? A patch perhaps?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    HP owns them, AT&T branding on the boxes. (4G with enhanced backhaul) maybe if someone donates 50K white stickers to HP they will put them on the boxes to cover up the branding?
    they can keep the box, I just want the phone! They could take it out of the box, put it in a brown paper bag and ship it to me. I'll even pay for the bag
    Jive Turkey likes this.
    Gah, that's mean. Is there any way to flash EU ROM or anything like that? A patch perhaps?
    Talk to Rod about use of the meta doctor skipping modem flashing.
    You'll lose AT&T apps though. Also I don't think meta doctor has been modified for use with the Pre 3 yet.

EDIT: The skype app ipk is in the web os doctor for the eu pre 3 - you'll need to do a root install of it on your device.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 09/09/2011 at 07:08 PM.
  10.    #30  
    Now by root install, do you mean from WOQI or something more deeper?
    Now by root install, do you mean from WOQI or something more deeper?
    kinda sorta
    you cant use wosqi do do the actual install for you but you can use it for all the separate steps. you'll be installing from a linux command line with options once you get the ipk file into the right place
    One thing I have never understood is, why the American people allow the phone companies so much power over them. What's with all the network locked phones and that too exlcusives mind you. If that's not enough, you have crippled hardware, software and features. The only reason why Palm could never put out a truly world phone was because of their focus on the US market and thus the goal was always to pelase the networks, rather than the consumer. The only reason why most probably this phone is never going to be sold openely in the US, is due to the AT&T branding on the phone.

PS: To appease AT&T with a 16GB Pre3 exclusive, the rest of the world has been saddled with a 8GB Pre3, that is probably around one third the usable storage, that the obsolete Pre+ has.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/10/2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    LCGuy likes this.
    Seeing that the OP is located in California, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you either work with the webOS team out in Sunnyvale, or you are related/close to someone who does. That's the only way I can see anyone getting their hands on one of these.
    Soorma likes this.
    Me likes, me wants, me sad 'cause me can't haz
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    how much storage space on 16gb Pre 3?
    Sigh... I'm just overwhelmed with sadness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    One thing I have never understood is, why the American people allow the phone companies so much power over them. What's with all the network locked phones and that too exlcusives mind you. If that's not enough, you have crippled hardware, software and features. The only reason why Palm could never put out a truly world phone was because of their focus on the US market and thus the goal was always to pelase the networks, rather than the consumer. The only reason why most probably this phone is never going to be sold openely in the US, is due to the AT&T branding on the phone.

PS: To appease AT&T with a 16GB Pre3 exclusive, the whole has been saddled with a 8GB Pre3, that is probably around one third the usable storage, that the obsolete Pre+ has.
    It's the same story in every industry. Greedy corporations and dirty politicians. All in the name of capitalism!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    how much storage space on 16gb Pre 3?
    Are you serious with this question?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Are you serious with this question?
    Yes I expect he is because you never get the true amount of storage left over because some is taken up by webOS

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Centrico likes this.
    10.6 GB

it's right there in the op pics
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast