Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    Just received my brand new UK Pre 3 QWERTY, having used the original Palm Pre for nearly two years. This new phone is fantastic - quick, clear, simple and preware runs like a charm. I just love it.

    Pete
  2.    #2  
    One thing I just noticed, that I didn't like about the original palm pre was the issue with multiple folders within an email inbox on an exchange server. In a nutshell, you had to manual update each folder within the inbox if you had rules running that organised your emails into various folders on the server. As someone who receives too many emails, I have always sorted them using quite a few folders and rules. Well, I am very pleased - Flagging all your email folders and then clicking on the All Flagged option within Favourites, then the refresh button, and all my folders, including my inbox are updated with one single push of a button. This is a marked improvement for me. I haven't managed to work out if the phone will update each folder automatically yet as it is Friday night and I'm not getting much in the way of work emails!

    Love it.
  3.    #3  
    OMG - I have had my Pre for not quite 24 hours and dropped it...the screen has shattered completely...... I am gutted.
  4. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #4  
    Damn, see if HP will replace it.
  5. drewBB's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #5  
    Ouch ! Yeah I would see if you could get it replaced.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  6. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by palm_pete View Post
    OMG - I have had my Pre for not quite 24 hours and dropped it...the screen has shattered completely...... I am gutted.
    omg sorry to hear that :-(
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  7.    #7  
    Bit the bullet - bought a new one off ebay.
  8. #8  
    At least the old one is good for spare battery and other spares that might be needed in the future every cloud and all that?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick1963 View Post
    At least the old one is good for spare battery and other spares that might be needed in the future every cloud and all that?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I would like to ask to Dev of Tapatalk Forums why this old sign exist : " sent from my palm pre 3"
    - HP Veer --
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by palm_pete View Post
    OMG - I have had my Pre for not quite 24 hours and dropped it...the screen has shattered completely...... I am gutted.
    Ouch! Sorry for your loss. I just got mine yesterday late morning.

    Curious, could you give details on the accident? Like a 2 foot drop onto concrete and how it landed. I'd kinda like to know how much I need to baby this phone since it may be the only one I'll be able to get up here.
  11.    #11  
    The phone slipped out of my hand as I removed it from a case I had bought, struck my leg, and fell screen side down onto a patio slab. I tried to catch it, but obviously didn't. I was sitting outside in our patio area at the time, so not a huge distance to the ground. The phone pretty much fell flat, screen side down, but bounced slightly. I picked it up and turned it over and was horrified. The screen has multiple cracks, and is a real mess, but amazingly still works.
  12. #12  
    Oh man, that has to be every Pre3 owners worst nightmare right now. So sorry dude!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by palm_pete View Post
    The phone slipped out of my hand as I removed it from a case I had bought, struck my leg, and fell screen side down onto a patio slab. I tried to catch it, but obviously didn't. I was sitting outside in our patio area at the time, so not a huge distance to the ground. The phone pretty much fell flat, screen side down, but bounced slightly. I picked it up and turned it over and was horrified. The screen has multiple cracks, and is a real mess, but amazingly still works.
    well, im glad you got a new one. I think we all are glad you got a new one. Im gonna baby mine really well.
  14. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #14  
    thats just awful. sorry bro. good thing your buying another
  15. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #15  
    Anyone know where to get a good screen protector for the pre3? Might not have helped, but couldn't hurt...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by palm_pete View Post
    Bit the bullet - bought a new one off ebay.
    how about doing a teardown so we can see inside. Or send it to Rod to do it. I've not seen one yet and would donate a few bucks for your effort.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    how about doing a teardown so we can see inside. Or send it to Rod to do it. I've not seen one yet and would donate a few bucks for your effort.
    Same like TechRepublic do to TouchPad or WebOS RoundUp do to Veer? I think that was a great idea. At least the damaged Pre 3 will be give great contribution to WebOS community.

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  18.    #18  
    Good idea guys - not sure, considering I spent 340 on the phone. I rang HP to see about a fix, and they quoted a standard charge of 130 odd. When chatting about it on the phone, I was then placed on hold. She came back and told me they hadn't sorted the logistics of managing repairs for the HP Pre 3, and she suggested I ring back in 3 to 4 weeks, when hopefully they will have their house in order. I thought it was all rather strange?!?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by palm_pete View Post
    Just received my brand new UK Pre 3 QWERTY, having used the original Palm Pre for nearly two years. This new phone is fantastic - quick, clear, simple and preware runs like a charm. I just love it.

    Pete
    How well does it work on AT&T? Are you getting good 3G coverage inside despite the lack of that one frequency?
  20.    #20  
    I'm in the UK, and running on O2

Posting Permissions