installed

-muffle system logging
    -profile remove dropped packet logging
    -max blocker
    -eom overlord monitoring
    -remove untrusted SSL Certs

also turned off 'backup'

will report back in a day or two
    turning off backups a bit extreme - by default this only happens at night, so a small battery drain and high risk of losing data!

all the other patches are great though, but why did HP release two devices where the UI is so pinned back by such a minor change as log frequency?
    Quote Originally Posted by 60milesmile View Post
    turning off backups a bit extreme - by default this only happens at night, so a small battery drain and high risk of losing data!

all the other patches are great though, but why did HP release two devices where the UI is so pinned back by such a minor change as log frequency?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by 60milesmile View Post

i was in two minds about turning off backup, after seeing your reply its back on my pre and t.p! i wasnt sure how much effect it had on the battery..
    Quote Originally Posted by mmalamos View Post
    Slightly unrelated, have you guys tried the Pre3 on a touchstone made for older devices? Everything working OK?
    Yes, I have tried it on two older Touchstones. Charges fine. Does not sit as tight as the original Pre, but still attaches & locks to the Touchstone and works fine.

I actually like the not-so-tight grip because it means I can get it off more easily.

Max
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm finding the TouchStone is not able to top off my Pre 3 - most I've gotten is 80 percent - perhaps overnight would do it - but is anyone else having problems getting the TouchStone to charge it fully?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Backups can be very expensive when traveling abroad. I don't turn them off, but I do disable data when I'm not on wifi to avoid huge data roaming charges. Fortunately SMS doesn't go over the data connection so I can still text like a madman.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    I have the touchstone in my office; I shall check the number and get back to you tomorrow!

Sure thanks
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaten View Post
    I'm finding the TouchStone is not able to top off my Pre 3 - most I've gotten is 80 percent - perhaps overnight would do it - but is anyone else having problems getting the TouchStone to charge it fully?
    My pre3's been at 100% each of the last few mornings when I took it off the touchstone.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    And another question. Can you use the charger cable that comes bundled with the Pre 3 also with the touchstone? Or would I need a different cable? I remember reading somewhere that I would have to buy a touchstone specific cable.
    Mine got way better. Lasted 14 hours today (with 27% still left).

And sara.ramli, you can use the same cable. They're just standard issue micro-usb cables.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  11. i3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    how? what did you do/change for this increase?
    similar results from mine. 15hrs, down to about 30%

data was off during a lot of work, but high intensity use on the train commute, about 2.5 hours (games, emails, web over 3g) and spent about an hour as a mobile 3g hotspot when I was trying to fix a friends computer's network card.

Not bad if you ask me.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I think the battery also has a "break-in" time before things get better
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Great results Andyf. Mine was at 40% when I went to bed last night after being off the touchstone for >16 hrs., but with minimal use.

sara.ramli, the micro usb cable is the same for the pre3 and touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post

And sara.ramli, you can use the same cable. They're just standard issue micro-usb cables.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Great results Andyf. Mine was at 40% when I went to bed last night after being off the touchstone for >16 hrs., but with minimal use.

sara.ramli, the micro usb cable is the same for the pre3 and touchstone.
    Thank you both. So I'll go ahead and order just the standalone Touchstone.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    So the TouchStone is working getting my Pre 3 to 100 percent charge - I think downloading podcasts was draining the battery more than the touchstone could keep up with.
    found that my battery lasts circa 36hrs generally.

Tried tethering via Bluetooth and turned on hotspot to my TP today and got 5.5hrs usage before battery was down to 25%. TP was on the go for the majority of the time with 3 apps linked to the web open and was in a weak/average signal area.
    Is there a way to turn off skype? I think this drains a lot of battery

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eternityzero View Post
    Is there a way to turn off skype? I think this drains a lot of battery

Yes. Log out.
    Go to Buddies in messaging and set your status to "sign out"
    Havent seen that new buddy button. Thank you !
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast