Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 112
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #41  
    I had the sudden and immediate drain from around 90% to 0% as well. Scary. No idea what might have caused it. Charged it for a short time and it was on 100% again. Let's see what happens today
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
  2. #42  
    I succeed in having left 20% 36hrs with some web surfing, some periods of Skype online.
    You could call it standby time.

    Out of the box my battery could get drained in one night.

    A decent increase after installing many patches.

    -muffle system logging
    -profile remove dropped packet logging
    -max blocker
    -eom overlord monitoring
    -remove untrusted SSL Certs

    Mode switcher to connect to Wifi only when in reach of known Wifi. (have to do this manually though)

    Use automattic mode switching to connect to EDGE 2G downlward from of 3G once battery drops below xx% to prevent drainage may be an option to consider.


    -Turn off backups!
    Soorma likes this.
  3. #43  
    Cool! Will install everything I miss from that very list as soon as I am back home !
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
  4. mmalamos's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #44  
    Just a quick note that i got a reply back from Mugen Power Mugen Power Batteries - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices that they will be introducing a Pre3 extended battery within 2 months but they are still unsure of the capacity. I just hope they will be able to fit into the existing enclosure as i quite like the current shape of the phone.

    Slightly unrelated, have you guys tried the Pre3 on a touchstone made for older devices? Everything working OK?

    M&M
  5. #45  
    my new pre arrived today,

    it almost had full charge so popped in the charger till 100%,

    used it for a short while and saw the battery dropping quickly, it was on 80%

    % turned off 3g, data and wifi and went away for 3 hours, the phone was now on 42% and was slightly warm...

    what on earth is going on, should I install preware and some patches?

    regards
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by smell View Post
    my new pre arrived today,

    it almost had full charge so popped in the charger till 100%,

    used it for a short while and saw the battery dropping quickly, it was on 80%

    % turned off 3g, data and wifi and went away for 3 hours, the phone was now on 42% and was slightly warm...

    what on earth is going on, should I install preware and some patches?

    regards
    Maybe need some charge & discharge cycle for several times to make Pre 3 detect the battery correctly.

    But overall so far WebOS phone battery performance never good. My experience with Pre-, Pre+ and Veer. All need charge 3 times in a day if you use the phone quite heavy.

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmalamos View Post
    Just a quick note that i got a reply back from Mugen Power Mugen Power Batteries - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices that they will be introducing a Pre3 extended battery within 2 months but they are still unsure of the capacity. I just hope they will be able to fit into the existing enclosure as i quite like the current shape of the phone.

    Slightly unrelated, have you guys tried the Pre3 on a touchstone made for older devices? Everything working OK?

    M&M
    I have Mugen Power battery for Pre+. The difference between original & mugen battery capacity not significant, so the performance can be said equal. Because I never let my phone's battery full drain then charge it. Usually not lower then 20% I already charge it.

    If I have Pre 3. I better stay away from Touchstone. My Touchstone already on its box and I never use it on my Veer.

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  8. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #48  
    I had an issue on day-1/2 where my CPU was pegged and battery draining quickly. I assume it was from some homebrew...eventually wiped and have been more cautious about homebrew.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I had an issue on day-1/2 where my CPU was pegged and battery draining quickly. I assume it was from some homebrew...eventually wiped and have been more cautious about homebrew.
    how many hours do you get now, have you got prepare installed?
  10. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #50  
    Right this moment I have preware installed along with:

    Patches:
    advanced reset, muffle system logging, private browsing

    Homebrew:
    Xecutah, Xserve, Xterm, Govnah

    I've had it off the charger for about 6 hours with Wifi off the vast majority of the time and only 2G, though I'm in a weak signal spot for 3 hours, and my battery is at 84%.

    No phone calls today, just a few text messages and a bunch of email.

    I'm dying to put Sconix's Mode Switcher and Advance Menus back on, but that was what I had running when my CPU was pegged...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmalamos View Post
    Slightly unrelated, have you guys tried the Pre3 on a touchstone made for older devices? Everything working OK?

    M&M
    I received a Touchstone together with my Pre3 and I think it is an old Touchstone model because it still has Palm written on it... I use it nearly every day and it works fine for me! No charge-not charge - charge problems at all!
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    I received a Touchstone together with my Pre3 and I think it is an old Touchstone model because it still has Palm written on it... I use it nearly every day and it works fine for me! No charge-not charge - charge problems at all!
    Do you have the manufacturer part # for your Touchstone?

    Is it HP-FB338AA-AC3 or something else?

    Just want to be sure, before I buy one for my Pre 3.
  13. #53  
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $new$ $touchstones$ $for$ $pre$ $devices$ $doesn$'$t$ $exist$ $and$ $never$ $will$. $I$ $know$ $they$ $where$ $planed$.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    I received a Touchstone together with my Pre3 and I think it is an old Touchstone model because it still has Palm written on it... I use it nearly every day and it works fine for me! No charge-not charge - charge problems at all!
    even the plug for the usb charging has palm written on it for my pre3, tho helps me tell which to unplug from the mains, touchpad touchstone (no palm written) and the pre3 power (palm written), can tell the 2 apart np.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by JobslessElop View Post
    I succeed in having left 20% 36hrs with some web surfing, some periods of Skype online.
    You could call it standby time.

    Out of the box my battery could get drained in one night.

    A decent increase after installing many patches.

    -muffle system logging
    -profile remove dropped packet logging
    -max blocker
    -eom overlord monitoring
    -remove untrusted SSL Certs

    Mode switcher to connect to Wifi only when in reach of known Wifi. (have to do this manually though)

    Use automattic mode switching to connect to EDGE 2G downlward from of 3G once battery drops below xx% to prevent drainage may be an option to consider.


    -Turn off backups!
    thanks for that,

    just have installed and updated preware,

    installed

    -muffle system logging
    -profile remove dropped packet logging
    -max blocker
    -eom overlord monitoring
    -remove untrusted SSL Certs

    also turned off 'backup'

    will report back in a day or two
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
    Do you have the manufacturer part # for your Touchstone?

    Is it HP-FB338AA-AC3 or something else?

    Just want to be sure, before I buy one for my Pre 3.
    I have the touchstone in my office; I shall check the number and get back to you tomorrow!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Right this moment I have preware installed along with:

    Patches:
    advanced reset, muffle system logging, private browsing

    Homebrew:
    Xecutah, Xserve, Xterm, Govnah

    I've had it off the charger for about 6 hours with Wifi off the vast majority of the time and only 2G, though I'm in a weak signal spot for 3 hours, and my battery is at 84%.

    No phone calls today, just a few text messages and a bunch of email.

    I'm dying to put Sconix's Mode Switcher and Advance Menus back on, but that was what I had running when my CPU was pegged...
    could you briefly explain why you have installed each of the homebrew
  18. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #58  
    Xecutah/Xserve/Xterm are just so I can get to a shell and run linux commands like ps or top...Govnah is to monitor my cpu speed to make sure it isn't pegged.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Xecutah/Xserve/Xterm are just so I can get to a shell and run linux commands like ps or top...Govnah is to monitor my cpu speed to make sure it isn't pegged.
    what should be the average numbers in govnah
  20. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #60  
    Depends upon what you're doing and what you have running.
    Right now with just 2G and GSM active I'm at 122.88 MHz and -119 mA, but there are background tasks in linux so it'll jump to 1.4GHz and -300 mA or so at times...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions