Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanaka View Post
    Mine seems to be dead/dying outright and i'm scared because no retailer sells them yet. Charged it to 100% around 4AM last night. Took it off the charger and went to bed. Woke up this morning and everything was fine until the phone froze. Did a battery pull and battery (which was at 93% up to that point) suddenly plummeted to 0%
    Are you running any preware/patches?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Nope. 100% stock.
    Well. Stock is horrible.

WiFi on. Cell on today. No service/signal most of the day. 10am to 8pm. 68% left.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
  4. H
    Quote Originally Posted by kanaka View Post
    Mine seems to be dead/dying outright and i'm scared because no retailer sells them yet. Charged it to 100% around 4AM last night. Took it off the charger and went to bed. Woke up this morning and everything was fine until the phone froze. Did a battery pull and battery (which was at 93% up to that point) suddenly plummeted to 0%
    I had a similar problem today. Went from 50% > frozen > 0% and a critical battery warning.

Since charging it back to 100% the battery seems to have improved (or it could just do the same thing again soon!)
    Turn off "As they arrive" for emails. Set it to longer duration. Emails absolutely kill battery esp when refreshing so often.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I had a similar problem today. Went from 50% > frozen > 0% and a critical battery warning.

Since charging it back to 100% the battery seems to have improved (or it could just do the same thing again soon!)
    Mine also seems to be back to normal now. Go figure.
    Do you guys ever let it drain down to 0% on usage and see if the phone works longer without shutting itself down?I had the same problem with my Treo 680 on buying. A knowledgeable treocentral member suggested that it could be down to a calibration problem. He suggested that I let it drain to 0% and let itself shutdown and charge back fully to 100%. and that I repeat it 3-4 times so that the calibration component understands the actual boundaries. It did defnitely help me then.

My father who got a Defy a couple of weeks back has the same issue and I hav asked him to do the same.

My Pre 3 should be with me in a couple of weeks. You guys can let me know if this trick helps.
    that's what dr battery essentially does.
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    that's what dr battery essentially does.
    Until the new devices arrived ;-) No calibration on Veer, TouchPad and Pre3.
    Infos here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...pad-users.html

I have one report, that a complete drain until shutdown and full, uninterrupted charge after will do a calibration. Not confirmed yet.
    Also it seems that a calibration will now not only change the health but the manufacturer rating as well.
    Isn't it bad for LI-Ion batteries to let them go down to 0%?

On the battery life discussion, mines improved loads since I got it:

-gone through a few cycles seemed to make it much better
    -got rid of logging and stuff with preware patches.
    -turn off 3g data when I'm not using it using data toggle through preware
    -Use wifi when I can, have it go to sleep when not in use or off altogether when out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    Isn't it bad for LI-Ion batteries to let them go down to 0%?
    Yes but what does 0% mean?
    0% for webOS means 3,413V left, then it shuts down. That is not 0% = 0V on the battery. Therefore it's completely safe to drain a battery to 0% shown in webOS.
    someone, if you need help. I have access to all 3 devices
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Well I let my pre3 battery drain to shutoff last night then charged overnight and drain seems faster today. Down 10% in just 30 min.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    someone, if you need help. I have access to all 3 devices
    Did not understand your post (probably my english;-).
    I have a Veer and a TouchPad and a Pre3 coming next Tuesday (and almost all older devices).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Well I let my pre3 battery drain to shutoff last night then charged overnight and drain seems faster today. Down 10% in just 30 min.

Did you check your battery with dr.battery before? I guess that the health and/or manufacturer rating has changed now.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    No, I've been running minimal homebrew owing to some other issues.
    Dear All,

People have mentioned turning 3g off to save battery.

Could someone tell me how to do that ? Is it a case of turning off the data connection with a pactched device menu and/or automating it with mode switcher ?
  18. H
    You can do it in phone app (> Top left >) > preferences > Network type.

Alternatively there is a homebrew menu patch that adds the option. I use the homebrew app modeswitcher to automatically switch off data during the hours when I am asleep. Both of these are available through preware
    So turning the data off is what turns the 3g arieal off ?

Sorry to be dense.
    Got my phone friday. I had to charge it twice today. Took it off the charger at 10 am, less than 5% around 5pm. Put it on charge for a while until it hit 100% and now it is already at 67%, with mostly on standby at 10:30 pm. WTH?
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast