1.    #1  
    I just changed from a Pre- to a Pre3 and I really like it. My only problem is that I prefer my WebOS in english cause I hate having to deal with translations, but most of the messages I write are in german. But I also write a lot of english stuff like I do here. Is there a way to get spellcheck to use two languages?
    I only found older posts about this so I thought I'd bring it up again. Seeing how it does already have both spellcheck dictionaries makes it seem like it couldn't be that hard to do, but then again, looks might be deceiving...
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    bump
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I am in the same situation.

I'd like to switch fast between 2 languages on my Pre 3 in order to benefit from the spellcheck functionality.

This functionality is so well implemented on my TouchPad, too bad it is not the case on my Pre 3.
    Is there any way to implement this on the Pre3?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    i am in the exact same situation. I would love to have this, too!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Yeah! I would like to see that feature in Pre3.
    Spellchecker for another languages would be nice (not only for those you can choose from activation screen/list.
    I'm thinking about Polish spellchecker).
    I've started the thread about that somewhere in Pre3 forum (can't paste the link right now - mobile writing via Forums, so it's hard to search).
    We can use this thread as well.
    I'll post the link later.
    -pretoo-
    Last edited by pretoo; 10/16/2011 at 04:14 PM.
    Pre3 (UK, QWERTY, Unlocked)
    webOS 2.2.4 (Build 3175), with UberKernel
    UK App Catalog via Impostah
    Orange [PL]
  7. pml
    This functionality is so well implemented on my TouchPad, too bad it is not the case on my Pre 3.

Could you please describe how? I haven't found it, so far.
    Thanks in advance!

BTW: I would love to have this option for my Veer. Or maybe just an option to have 2 languages at the same time...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pml View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phil71
    Could you please describe how? I haven't found it, so far.
    Thanks in advance!
    On your TouchPad, launch Regional Settings, then under Keyboard Type, you can add as many Languages as you want.

Once you've added the languages you wanted, you can switch from one to another just by tapping the key on to the left of the spacebar. Pretty cool, isn't it?
    Last edited by phil71; 10/17/2011 at 04:36 PM.
  9. pml
    On your TouchPad, launch Regional Settings, then under Keyboard Type, you can add as many Languages as you want.

Once you've added the languages you wanted, you can switch from one to another just by tapping the key on to the left of the spacebar. Pretty cool, isn't it?
    Wow, great tip! I the auto-correction deactivated up to now, as I write German and English 50/50 and it was just too annoying. Now it's perfect. Thanks a lot!

Just waiting for my Veer to learn to do this as well...
    weird, I don't have the Keyboard Type option I'm using 2.2.3
    Does it work with the Pre 3?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phil71 View Post

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the Pre 3. Not yet anyway.