Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I've seen a few reviews where the reviewer hasn't been able to find skype on the Pre 3. This is a real shame as IMO it works really well.obvious
    While there's some logic to it being in Account's it's clearly not all that obvious for many.

the first place most look is the App Catalog. Maybe a helpful dev could make a free little Skype Help App that just gives people a nudge in the right direction.
    Yes I think most people will look for an app as it's an app on most other platforms. HP should explain Synergy more clearly and prominently anyway, for me it's an outstanding feature.
    is it actually on the Pre3, or is it still exclusive to the verizon Pre2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    is it actually on the Pre3, or is it still exclusive to the verizon Pre2?
    It's alive and well on the Pre 3; chat, calling and video calling. It's nice
  5.    #5  
    skype and mobile hot spot
    Took me a while to find it - a separate app would make life a lot easier!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    1st - Most reviewers are not too bright. I've come to this conclusion through the obviois - reading & disagreeing with their reviews.
    2nd - if a Grandma of 10 can figure it out, run preware, teach Great Grandpas how to use patches, & organize a very large family, perhaps either "Moms" are getting a bad rap (people assuming they are stupid) or... They're smarter than the reviewers! I think it's probably the 2nd possibility.
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Pretty sure my Mom is smarter than these "reviewers"...
    I have set up my Skype account, but as for how to ring someone on it, I'm not at all sure how to do it.

A dummies guide would not be patronising, it would be helpful !
    Is it possible to use msn messenger on the pre 3 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    I have set up my Skype account, but as for how to ring someone on it, I'm not at all sure how to do it.

Go into contacts app, tap on the contact you want to call, scroll down until you see the Skype entry, tap on it, there should appear options to chat or call; tap on call
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post

if it was an old Skype account it should have imported all your contacts. If not you need to add a skype I'M address in contacts.

to call just find the contact and select their skype address and press video call.

Wasn't meaning to dis anyone's Moms BTW.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by wildtiger View Post
    Is it possible to use msn messenger on the pre 3 ?
    I think you can add messenger the same way as skype. Just says messenger not MSN Messenger, so I assume it's the same thing.
    thanks hagster for the quick reply ! Will try
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I think you only look for a skype app because thats what you do on windows.

I think it makes sense the way it is.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Now I know what to do I would love to, but I always get the 'unknown error' response when I try to log in !

Been trying for 3 days just to log in.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Yes I think most people will look for an app as it's an app on most other platforms. HP should explain Synergy more clearly and prominently anyway, for me it's an outstanding feature.
    I was a Pre- user for 1.5 years(phone died early this year) and spent a good 10-15 minutes trying to find skype on my TP(including doing google searches) when I bought it on day 1.

I agree HP could of put a skype icon (similar to youtube) which was a shortcut to skype.

I never really considered skype to be similar to IM clients like MSN, yahoo etc for whatever reason so the concept that skype was in the messaging app was not apparent to me even as a long time webos user.
    Got it working, really cool ! And really needs selling as a great feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by natepre509 View Post
    I never really considered skype to be similar to IM clients like MSN, yahoo etc for whatever reason so the concept that skype was in the messaging app was not apparent to me even as a long time webos user.
    It's not only in the messaging app, it's also in the normal, general Accounts preferences app, a logical place I'd say
    Hey, I have a Pre3 and I can't find Skype anywhere. I didn't put a SIM in it yet, is that why? I'm running on *#DEVMODE#
    Last edited by Soorma; 09/09/2011 at 02:45 PM.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast