Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    Installed the Muffle System Logging patch on my Pre 3 last night. Restarted Luna, and immediately the phone seemed much more responsive. Really snappy in fact.

Is it just me, or did the logging really cause that much lag?

Anyway, good job - highly recommend installing this one.

-- Sent from my Turbo Pre 3
    same experience ... MUCH faster
    There was a problem with the last version. I just pushed a new one about an hour ago. Please update to that ASAP.

But to answer your question, yes, muffle goes a long way in turning down the absolutely insane amount of logging that all stock webos devices do.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I didn't think of applying this to my Pre3 - Cheers.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    There was a problem with the last version. I just pushed a new one about an hour ago. Please update to that ASAP.

But to answer your question, yes, muffle goes a long way in turning down the absolutely insane amount of logging that all stock webos devices do.
    This coincided with my assessment that there was something different (negatively) after I installed the patch, it wasn't immediately. Maybe after a few hours of use. I've installed the update and will take notice of any differences.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    installed the update, thanks for the warning, good job.

Could you clarify if this patch does the same as the manual method of setting logging to error only?

If i've set logging to error only, will the patch do more?

Thanks
    Woah, it's like my Pre3 is now on steroids! Thanks!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by local.bin View Post
    Could you clarify if this patch does the same as the manual method of setting logging to error only?

If i've set logging to error only, will the patch do more?

Thanks

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Yes.
    Thanks.
    This thread has made me install the Muffle patch. Another confirmation, nice and quick here!
  12. H
    Does muffle system logging make "Remove dropped packet logging" patch redundant or are both needed?
  13. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    I had frequent slow-downs and short term freezes until I turned off the Backup option (form a tip on here). Could the two issues be connected or would applying this patch improve things even further? Does reduced logging improve battery life?
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    I had frequent slow-downs and short term freezes until I turned off the Backup option (form a tip on here). Could the two issues be connected or would applying this patch improve things even further? Does reduced logging improve battery life?
    What is the backup tip? Could you repeat it here please? My Pre3 has improved in performance no end with the muffle system patch...it's faster and I get much less TMC errors.

I still get TMC errors though - more than about 7 or 8 cards and it starts playing up, which sticks in the throat a bit when I remember a demo from early last year of the Pre+ opening 50 cards. There's definitely something slowing down the Pre3, hopefully the amazing devs here can patch it up

Does the patch the same thing than #*LOGS# ?

Use the search button.

Hi. I'm totally new with WebOS. Can someone tell me where I get this patch and how I install it?
  18.    #18  
    Use the search button.
    Would it not have been quicker and more productive to tell him the answer rather than post a trite remark? Not everyone has time to read the whole internet.
    circadia, i3, ineedsome and 2 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallan View Post
    Hi. I'm totally new with WebOS. Can someone tell me where I get this patch and how I install it?
    You can find it on preware. There are various threads on this forum regarding how to install preware.

I've installed the patch, and haven't noticed any difference... although I always found the perfomance excellent, both before and after. This is contrast to the Touchpad which, even with 3.0.2, and all the cleanup patches, is still laggy as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    Would it not have been quicker and more productive to tell him the answer rather than post a trite remark? Not everyone has time to read the whole internet.
    If this was a 20 page thread with 400 posts; perhaps you would be right.
    However, in a 14 post total thread (at the time) and the answer was @ post #9; that would indicate a less than honorable attempt at reading.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    codecrumb and rudsaki like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast