Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Same issue here as well -- though only if I push down near the front camera (no movement in the other direction)...
    My Pre3 that I've had and have been using as soon as it was available and a brand new pre3 that I have just to charge a spare battery, whose slider has been opened less than 10 times, exhibits exactly the same minimal movement when pressing on the bottom of the screen, slider opened or closed. So between a brand new phone and a phone I have used heavily, between the sliders and the movement of pressing on the bottom of the screen seem exactly the same.

The only perceptible difference I see between the two phones is that the slider of the new phone SEEMS like it MAY be sprung a little tighter.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    hmm I have the opposite problem of slider being too tight! I slide it open & find screen not appearing or able to type until I realise a little nudge upwards slides it up fully to unlock phone. Hope it loosens up but then don't want it to be too lose like in this thread!
    Over a month now with my at&t Pre 3 and the slider is very good, it feels like a solid design/build, much better than my original Pre but I can't complain about my Pre because it did go 2 1/3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    My Pre3 that I've had and have been using as soon as it was available and a brand new pre3 that I have just to charge a spare battery, whose slider has been opened less than 10 times, exhibits exactly the same minimal movement when pressing on the bottom of the screen, slider opened or closed. So between a brand new phone and a phone I have used heavily, between the sliders and the movement of pressing on the bottom of the screen seem exactly the same.

The only perceptible difference I see between the two phones is that the slider of the new phone SEEMS like it MAY be sprung a little tighter.

I agree. I have a spare for when this one breaks and the 'play' is identical.
    There is certainly a difference in spring tightness, as you'd expect a new phone to take a little while to loosen up a bit. The spring is most noticeably looser on my used one in the first 1-2 mm of travel (hold the phone closed in one hand, and just 'flex' the hand a bit), otherwise very similar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123