1.    #1  
    Now I'm a little confused, I originally registered my new Pre 3 WebOS account using my Vodafone SIM (that I've had for a year now).

I've just changed to a TalkMobile SIM, taking my phone number with me, but I seem to now be locked out of my WebOS account. I can access it, but when I go into the Accounts App and select 'HP WebOS Account', all the options are greyed-out.

Have I missed an important step or something? I figured I'd just put the new SIM in and carry on as before?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Hey, I think that is normal. I switched SIMS in my Veer and those things are greyed out too. Also, the same options are grayed out in the TouchPad. I think they are unchangeable.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  3.    #3  
    Okay, I think I can still access things as usual, just seemed a bit odd.

The other thing is that in 'Device Information' it used to show my phone number in the 'Number' section (above 'Battery'), but now that section is blank. Does this just mean TalkMobile don't put that particular information on their SIMs and Vodafone do?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I don't know about that. Does the phone still work though? Maybe the information is being updated?

It may be, like you mentioned, that TalkMobile doesn't put that info on their phone or maybe your phone can't read it.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Have you tried . . .
    1) logging in from a PC and deleting the device from the account (Device Options).
    2) Powering up with the new SIM and creating a new account ?

I hope this works as otherwise I will have the same issue.
    My Pre3 was delivered a few days ago, but I am away for the next two weeks - Frustration !!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Projjer View Post
    Have you tried . . .
    1) logging in from a PC and deleting the device from the account (Device Options).
    2) Powering up with the new SIM and creating a new account ?

I hope this works as otherwise I will have the same issue.
    My Pre3 was delivered a few days ago, but I am away for the next two weeks - Frustration !!!
    Oh dear, this wasn't a good solution at all Once deleted from my account the pre insisted on restarting a number of times and then I had to basically start from scratch again! Re-sync all my accounts (Google, Skype, Facebook, Yahoo etc.), Wait for all my apps to re-install, looks like I have to totally re-install Preware and associated patches too (I didn't back any of that up!).

A number of apps aren't supported by my WebOS account (Keyring, ToDo Classic) so those will need to be looked at and data re-entered manually.

To top it all off, there is no change to the above situation! In other words, don't do it!

I know you were only trying to help Projjer, so no hard feelings :-)
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  7.    #7  
    Aaargh, all my text shortcuts and learned words are gone. And Preware is not detecting the patches that are already there :-(

Do I need to run a repair utility or something?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Checkmate - My sincere apologies for all the trouble caused.

In my case, being away on holiday, my son set up the Pre3 using the 10.50 Voda SIM with no data allowance supplied by CW.
    Phone was purchased to use with my existing O2 SIM and number that already has a web "Bolt On"

As far as I know no apps or updates have been loaded and no accounts synch'd so I may try it myself when I return back to UK.

On a wider point I certainly think this is something that should be possible, after all, how many Pre3s have been purchased and then resold recently ?
    Even under more normal circumstances handsets are sold, swapped or given away.
    Functionality crippled in this manner is approaching levels of control paranoia exercised by a well known fruit-themed manufacturer.

I sense a discussion with HP Support coming on . . . .
    bump

I've got exactly the same issue - my Pre3 was activated with one SIM and I then ported my number so it now has a different number.

Is there a way to get my webos account to sync across Pre 3 and Touchpad?

I will happily wipe either or both of them if that will work.

M
    Quote Originally Posted by gallen9 View Post
    Is there a way to get my webos account to sync across Pre 3 and Touchpad?
    The 'profile' does not sync any devices in the profile. Except ofcourse the first time you add a device to the profile, when it does give you the option to restore from an already existing device in the profile.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I think that not showing the phone number in the device info is a result of the phone not being supplied by the carrier. It's been like that on my Pre- & Pre3 without any apparent effect on the operation.
    Not sure if I'm being dense here but I was expecting my calendar to use my single webOS account and sync it across both devices. So a change typed on my pre3 would make its way through to my touchpad calendar and vice versa.

What actually happens is that I have two calendars with different items despite both appearing to log to to the same account. Is this the expected behaviour? When I log on to my webOS account, I can see 2 accounts but my pre3 is registered to a different tel number, so I've assumed that my pre3 isn't syncing because it has a different mobile number.

Have I missed something very basic here?
    Quote Originally Posted by gallen9 View Post
    Not sure if I'm being dense here but I was expecting my calendar to use my single webOS account and sync it across both devices. So a change typed on my pre3 would make its way through to my touchpad calendar and vice versa.

What actually happens is that I have two calendars with different items despite both appearing to log to to the same account. Is this the expected behaviour? When I log on to my webOS account, I can see 2 accounts but my pre3 is registered to a different tel number, so I've assumed that my pre3 isn't syncing because it has a different mobile number.

Have I missed something very basic here?
    Hello,
    I have an EU unlocked Pre 3 and I've just changed to Vodafone.

Any news about this issue? It is really frustrating!