1.    #1  
    Just ordered a Pre 3 guys, looks a decent phone and I've always had a secret love affair with WebOS.

Reviews are thick and thin on the Pre 3 had just one question which is, battery life.

Is it any good what's the average usage out of it ?
    welcome. You have the best phone ever made. I want one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    welcome. You have the best phone ever made. I want one!
    I think someone at webOS Internals should hook you up with one based on the work you've done raising money for them
    Taken off charge at 8.00am today.
    5 or so short phone calls, checked email manually a few times.
    Browsed the net about half an hour in total
    Currently at 12% at 5.30pm.
    Its better to be over the hill than buried under it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyroochoo View Post
    Taken off charge at 8.00am today.
    5 or so short phone calls, checked email manually a few times.
    Browsed the net about half an hour in total
    Currently at 12% at 5.30pm.
    ive had to slap mine on min brightness if not using much (i max it if playign a game or reading stuff), wifi to sleep when phone sleeps, slapped it on a 15second dimmer/sleep, changed the email/message retrievel/checks to much longer times, battery lasts a lot longer now thankfully.

2 days of no recharge and normal phone use (no games whoring for hours on end) and its on 18% atm, much better than when i could visibly see the batt % drop in minutes.

and to the OP, ahoy and whale come, it is a good phone tbh.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 09/07/2011 at 11:46 AM.
    My Pre 3 battery life has been getting a little better each day. Today I'm on 55% after 10 hours use - that includes a couple of 15min phone calls, some internet browsing and plenty of texting. Wifi on, 3G on, Screen brightness medium.

By the way, I LOVE my Touchstone charger!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Oh and if you're not planning on using the phone for a while but you're not near a charger, just put it in Aeroplane Mode and turn WiFi off, then the battery barely loses any charge.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Oh and if you're not planning on using the phone for a while but you're not near a charger, just put it in Aeroplane Mode and turn WiFi off, then the battery barely loses any charge.
    theres a preware battery app (battery saver) that auto puts it into airplane mode at set times, ie: when your 100% definatly asleep or say at work.

theres probably better, but that one works well for me mostly if i forgot to turn it off at night.