Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by miafey View Post
    My order from Mobiles got Yodel too and that was a horrible experience.
    The item was traced "out for delivery" Monday morning and we spent the whole day waiting for the delivery man. I called them at about 3pm trying to check how far the delivery man was but was told they had "no way to contact the driver", whisle RM and DHL both can contact the driver to let the customer have a roughly idea about where the item is. At 17:09 the status changed to "unable to gain timely access" which basically means the driver "did not have time to deliver the item". I was furious as we rearranged our schedule so that we could wait at home for that day, which means we would not be home for the delivery for the rest of the week. But Yodel told me if we wanted it to be delivered to another address they had a 48 hours turn around to process the request. So I ended up asking my husband to pick up the item for me from the depo, which was a 1 h journey. And they said they would need 2 forms of ID and my signed authorization letter but no one at the depo actually bothered to look at any of his ID before handing over the item.

I emailed them to complain. But it's been a week now and no contact from them whatsoever.

Will never ever use Yodel service again. Worst ever!!
    Good luck. I ordered some floor lamps from Homebase last year that were to be delivered by HDNL. It took us almost TWO MONTHS to receive them. They kept playing the "out for delivery, returned to depot" game, without ever actually attempting to deliver them.

Never again.
    I think if they start playing the 'Out for delivery'/'I couldn't be bothered to find the house' game I'm just going to go to the depot and take it from them :| they are NOT losing my Pre 3, way too much effort went into finding that.

EDIT: Received my Pre3 with no issues liking it greatly! Good luck to everyone else.
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 09/12/2011 at 12:36 PM.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    I was told last week that the touchpads were out of stock, and that's the reason why i didn't get a second shipping email. They told me that they were receiving more stock of TPs today and that it would ship with an ETA of Thurs 15th (tomorrow).

However I have received no updates today (or at all) and it turns out they are not expecting stock today, and I'll have to wait until next week. Ridiculous!! They also told me that it's not possible to split the order up and get the pre3 now and the TP later. I don't see what's so difficult in doing that (it's the phone that I really want anyway).

Stupid and unhelpful service. I would expect to be kept in the loop but apparently they "don't have the facilities" to keep people updated on their orders. All i'll get is an SMS when it's shipped. Irritating that I'm getting conflicting information as well.

Anyone else in this boat?
    Last edited by snorri788; 09/14/2011 at 10:32 AM.
    Yeah I phoned CPW this morning as I hadn't heard anything since my initial "back order" email last week. Looks like my g/f won't be getting her touchpad before she moves back down to uni. This'll involve making a road trip down to set it up for her :-P
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
    I find it a bit silly that WE have to phone THEM (which costs us money as well) to find out about orders. What's so difficult about keeping people up to date?
    Quote Originally Posted by snorri788 View Post
    I find it a bit silly that WE have to phone THEM (which costs us money as well) to find out about orders. What's so difficult about keeping people up to date?
    Meanwhile, the Pre 3 is back in stock with them.

HP Pre3 on Vodafone 10.50, 24 months - The Carphone Warehouse
    Had a phone call today from them and they have some in stock and will ship it today. However, the guy on the end of the phone didn't have his facts straight when he called me, and based on what I have been told I wouldn't completely trust what he told me until I have the conformation email.

EDIT: Got my confirmation. It's coming tomorrow. w00t!
    Last edited by snorri788; 09/15/2011 at 11:11 AM.
    Just got a confirmation email and text to say my bundle has been despatched. Got tracking info and can see it on yodel looks like it will arrive sometime tomorrow. Also means I'm going to have to travel from my g/f's house back to mine, pick it up and then travel back to hers and then come all the back to mine again because I have work early on Saturday. Oh what fun times lol
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
    Little update to say that I finally got the order delivered today. Missed delivery on Friday because no one wad home. The bundle of accessories provided is pretty awesome.
    Along with the Pre3 & Touchpad, we got a Touchstone, HP Touchpad case, Pre Touchstone block, International Charger and the In-car charger.
    I'm heading down to help set up her to tomorrow night, she's so excited lol :-P
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stickerboy View Post
    Along with the Pre3 & Touchpad, we got a Touchstone, HP Touchpad case, Pre Touchstone block, International Charger and the In-car charger.
    wow that's a great deal with all those accessories!
    anyone who ordered the cpw deal through quidco got the cash back?
    I am planning to pay off my voda contract, would this affect my cash back from quidco??
    Quote Originally Posted by stickerboy View Post
    Little update to say that I finally got the order delivered today. Missed delivery on Friday because no one wad home. The bundle of accessories provided is pretty awesome.
    I got all that too, plus a spare headset.

The Pre2's touchstone works perfectly on the Pre3. Very little (if any) wobble.

I love my new Pre3. Best phone I have ever owned. Giving my spare TouchPad that I got with the deal to my dad so he can get something shiny to go with his Pre2.
    oh yeah, I forgot about the spare headset
    Just got everything set up, last bit is the paid app catalog access - getting an error trying to purchase apps (it's a brand new account). Think I'll drop a PM to heartbeatz or if there's anyone else online that could help. Strange, in all the time i've had a webOS phone/account, I never ran into any problems accessing the app catalog until now :-P
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456