Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Just got an email saying that my order's been shipped to the warehouse for delivery anyone who wants a pre 3 should probably get in quick!
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    Find out what credit reference agency they use (there are only 3 in the UK). Then go on their website and buy your credit report. It only costs 2.

There may be an error on your credit file, which you can appeal or have cleared. Plus, it makes for interesting reading, it's surprising just how much info they have about you on there.
    Yeah, I know what my credit score is (it's good, not as great as it used to be, but certainly above average), I have an account with Credit Expert (Experian's own website to flog you your own information in a user friendly format) and just bought a fresh report this morning...which is why I'm confused because Experian themselves reckon I should able to get most credit (I've certainly never had major problems in the past, although I haven't applied for much since 2008 when not even banks could borrow anything). It's weird. Anyway, I'm going off topic here, enjoy your shiny new TouchPad!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-dj View Post
    Yeah, I know what my credit score is (it's good, not as great as it used to be, but certainly above average), I have an account with Credit Expert (Experian's own website to flog you your own information in a user friendly format) and just bought a fresh report this morning...which is why I'm confused because Experian themselves reckon I should able to get most credit (I've certainly never had major problems in the past, although I haven't applied for much since 2008 when not even banks could borrow anything). It's weird. Anyway, I'm going off topic here, enjoy your shiny new TouchPad!

You should also check your report with Equifax and Call Credit. They each hold different information, amassed from different lenders. So while you may have a glowing Experian report, you could have a black mark on your file at one of the other agencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Just got an email saying that my order's been shipped to the warehouse for delivery anyone who wants a pre 3 should probably get in quick!
    when did you order, and where from?
    You should also check your report with Equifax and Call Credit. They each hold different information, amassed from different lenders. So while you may have a glowing Experian report, you could have a black mark on your file at one of the other agencies.
    Yeah, I think I'll check Call Credit. I did ask Vodafone who they used however and they said it was Equifax...maybe they didn't like my cancellation letter I sent years ago, when I called in to question their staff's knowledge on how to get my phone working with picture messaging (this was before picture messaging was really widespread and I wanted to send pictures from my SonyEricsson T68 to my friend's T68...and no one at Vodafone had a clue what they were talking about). I told them how great Orange were in giving me a nice new contract. Some grudge! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis View Post
    mobiles. co.uk Had the same mesage myself. Wooohoo
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    mobiles. co.uk Had the same mesage myself. Wooohoo
    ok, as far as I understand, these were sold out the same day they were released and are now trying to fulfil all accepted orders. No new orders are accepted (CPW website had a 'sold out' status soon after release, mobiles.co.uk hadn't updated theirs).

I read some rumours that there will be more next week, but other reports say that QWERTY Pre 3s are now sold out world-wide and there might be only some AZERTY ones coming up later.

Congratulations to those that succeeded getting their Pre 3s (and touchpads)
    Last edited by ioannis; 09/09/2011 at 08:36 AM.
    By the way, for those still looking for TouchPads, PCWorld has the 32GB as a bundle with case and dock at 249. That's 184 for the TP 32GB.
    yo. Just ordered a TP, and hopefully will get it!!
    Thanks for the tip off, and it sounds as though they might have the 16gb aswell. Don't put me to that
    Quote Originally Posted by ioannis View Post
    mobiles.co.uk, Wednesday evening I believe. I ordered a pre3 & touchpad bundle early Wednesday afternoon and got an out of stock email, so I canceled it. I then read up on the forums that they might get more stock in later, so placed another order one the evening. Just got a 'Sorry about the touchpad, your order will be dispatched soon.' email from them though, so maybe I'll net myself a free touchpad!
    Do you guys have any tracking info for your order on mobiles.co.uk? Mine dispatched via DHL and gives me a tracking number, but it doesn't work on the DHL site and the 'Tracking' link underneath it takes me to the website of a courier firm named Yodel, who I've heard very bad things about

Please can people post updates on delivery and so forth? It would set my mind at ease to know other people are having success.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Do you guys have any tracking info for your order on mobiles.co.uk? Mine dispatched via DHL and gives me a tracking number, but it doesn't work on the DHL site and the 'Tracking' link underneath it takes me to the website of a courier firm named Yodel, who I've heard very bad things about

Please can people post updates on delivery and so forth? It would set my mind at ease to know other people are having success.
    My order from CPW (it being a sister concern of mobiles.co.uk) shipped via Yodel as well. Nothing to worry. Was able to track it all the way till it was delivered. I could go to the Yodel website, just use my order # as reference and track the shipment.
  13. jah
    Got my package of Pre 3 and 16 GB Touchpad yesterday. Will sell the Touchpad as prefer the 64GB version as want it to use it for business. Don't think mobiles.co.uk have any Touchpads left now.
    Yodel is DHL, they're renaming the Europe arm of the company, that's all. My Touchpad was tracked via Yodel, but turned up in a bright yellow DHL van, no issues with them.
    I remember reading something about that, glad it's DHL proper thanks all, can't wait for my Pre 3!
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstractPhoenix View Post
    Yodel is DHL, they're renaming the Europe arm of the company, that's all. My Touchpad was tracked via Yodel, but turned up in a bright yellow DHL van, no issues with them.
    I'm pretty sure Yodel is HDNL, not DHL. HDNL had such a bad reputation, they re-branded as Yodel. I've had a couple horrid experiences with them. Which is why I chose Royal Mail delivery for the CPW deal.
    Having done some reading, HDNL/Yodel bought up DHL's UK domestic deliveries division. DHL said that it's merely a rebranding and that existing services won't change, so it should be alright
    Yodel = DHL + HDNL

You're both right.
    I'm pretty sure Yodel is HDNL, not DHL. HDNL had such a bad reputation, they re-branded as Yodel. I've had a couple horrid experiences with them. Which is why I chose Royal Mail delivery for the CPW deal.
    My order from Mobiles got Yodel too and that was a horrible experience.
    The item was traced "out for delivery" Monday morning and we spent the whole day waiting for the delivery man. I called them at about 3pm trying to check how far the delivery man was but was told they had "no way to contact the driver", whisle RM and DHL both can contact the driver to let the customer have a roughly idea about where the item is. At 17:09 the status changed to "unable to gain timely access" which basically means the driver "did not have time to deliver the item". I was furious as we rearranged our schedule so that we could wait at home for that day, which means we would not be home for the delivery for the rest of the week. But Yodel told me if we wanted it to be delivered to another address they had a 48 hours turn around to process the request. So I ended up asking my husband to pick up the item for me from the depo, which was a 1 h journey. And they said they would need 2 forms of ID and my signed authorization letter but no one at the depo actually bothered to look at any of his ID before handing over the item.

I emailed them to complain. But it's been a week now and no contact from them whatsoever.

Will never ever use Yodel service again. Worst ever!!
    Yikes, was that recently, a Pre 3?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast