Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    One of the emails I got said they'd prioritise my order when new stock arrived, but it's whether there's actually going to be any new stock...

I say we should all try to get in touch with them via Twitter and their email form under 'Help & Support' and try to find out.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    I've sent them an email asking if they're definitely expecting more stock and for an ETA.
    I've sent one asking about the stock, also about whether they're limiting orders to 1/person, since my friend wants one but can't pass the credit check.
  4.    #64  
    I got the order confirmed, order accepted, out of stock emails in quick succession one after another yesterday, just after I ordered around 11am.

I called them today, they said they sold 500 bundles yesterday before running out of stock. They also said they WILL receive enough stock to fulfill ALL the orders they accepted, since the ad was pulled by the afternoon.

They expect more stock today and will fulfill on a first come first served basis (I've heard that before ...)
    Woah, they actually picked up the phone?! Which number did you call? Every time I've tried it's been a total no-show.

I hope they will be getting that stock, I guess there'd be no point in saying so otherwise though, what business wants orders they can't fulfil?
    I called their 0870 087 0870 number (cool number!) to ask for info about my order. A very helpful person told me that I had passed the check and sucessfully got an order through, but they ran out of stock of TPs. They are getting more in on Wednesday, and my pre and TP will both ship then (hopefully). They are expecting to fulfill all orders.
    Hopefully my CPW order gets fulfilled soon. I live in Scotland, but g/f goes to uni in England and heads back down next week lol. Ah well, if it doesn't come I'll just need to organise a wee day trip down to see her and set it up

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
  8.    #68  
    Shipping confirmation received. Expect delivery by the end of the week. Result.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    Shipping confirmation received. Expect delivery by the end of the week. Result.
    Hi Winston, I am interested in getting the pre3 from you. I have sent you a pm. Thanks
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Is anyone willing to do this for me? I am more than willing to pay, especially if they take Paypal. Please, please let me know. I really want a Pre3 here in the US. Keep whatever extras come with it.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    I missed out on this deal. I am interested in receiving Pre3 or touchpad. Message me if somebody is interested. Thanks
    They are getting them in the stores too not on contract to sell as standalone, but not sure on any quantities or when
    Ill buy any TP if someone just wanted the phone. Id rather give a premium to a fellow PC person than some jerk off of Ebay. Just PM me and we can work it out.
    Well I finally got a reply from mobiles.co.uk ...seems Vodafone turned me down on the credit score. Which is weird - I had a Vodafone account on which I never missed a payment (granted that was 9 years ago...and they were a bit of a rip-off then) and the last time I checked my score (18 months ago), was rated as 'excellent' and was in the high 900s. However, I've had a very hectic and financially turbulent life since then and have been a bit careless on my accounts with late payments...but having just checked my credit score, it's still classed as 'fair' and it says that all my payments are paid on time (which is true, more or less...don't ever let banks scare you with the "a late payment could ruin your credit score" 'cause they are lying). No, the one black mark against me (and what looks to be the reason for my new lower credit score) is that my electoral registration address is different to my current address (I didn't update it when I moved)...so my advice to anyone trying to snag these deals is to check your electoral roll details and make sure they are up to date before you apply!

Quote Originally Posted by mark-dj View Post
    Well I finally got a reply from mobiles.co.uk ...seems Vodafone turned me down on the credit score. Which is weird - I had a Vodafone account on which I never missed a payment (granted that was 9 years ago...and they were a bit of a rip-off then) and the last time I checked my score (18 months ago), was rated as 'excellent' and was in the high 900s. However, I've had a very hectic and financially turbulent life since then and have been a bit careless on my accounts with late payments...but having just checked my credit score, it's still classed as 'fair' and it says that all my payments are paid on time (which is true, more or less...don't ever let banks scare you with the "a late payment could ruin your credit score" 'cause they are lying). No, the one black mark against me (and what looks to be the reason for my new lower credit score) is that my electoral registration address is different to my current address (I didn't update it when I moved)...so my advice to anyone trying to snag these deals is to check your electoral roll details and make sure they are up to date before you apply!

Hello mark-dj

I had a similar problem yesterday where I ordered from mobiles.co.uk have an excellent credit rating but did not pass the credit check. Basically I ordered the pre3 touchpad bundle from cpw, saw it cheaper on mobiles.co.uk about an hour later, so cancelled the cpw order.

I then called vodafone directly and asked why I didn't pass the check for mobiles.co.uk as I was curious and concerned. They said that I had two applications, the 1st one was accepted and the 2nd rejected and that if I call mobiles.co.uk directly that my order will go through so I did just that and it did!

In a nutshell its probably worthwhile calling vodafone and see confirm exactly why you didn't pass the credit check.
    I haven't had any emails back from CPW apart from the one confirming that I placed an order. When I phoned them on Wednesday they said I had passed the check, but I haven't had an email from them confirming that or any other correspondance. Bit worried :S
    mobiles have tweeted that all who have passed the credit check will receive the P3+TP ASAP.
  18.    #78  
    Order received! :-)
    hagster likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnynuffin View Post
    Hello mark-dj

I had a similar problem yesterday where I ordered from mobiles.co.uk have an excellent credit rating but did not pass the credit check. Basically I ordered the pre3 touchpad bundle from cpw, saw it cheaper on mobiles.co.uk about an hour later, so cancelled the cpw order.

I then called vodafone directly and asked why I didn't pass the check for mobiles.co.uk as I was curious and concerned. They said that I had two applications, the 1st one was accepted and the 2nd rejected and that if I call mobiles.co.uk directly that my order will go through so I did just that and it did!

In a nutshell its probably worthwhile calling vodafone and see confirm exactly why you didn't pass the credit check.
    No such luck for me...I called Vodafone and I haven't passed it, for whatever reason. I've emailed the address the lady gave me, hopefully they can give me a reason as she promised.

Back to eBay for a TouchPad then :-( on the plus side, they seem to be decreasing in price as interest wanes from people who never really knew what a TouchPad was anyway.

20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-dj View Post
    No such luck for me...I called Vodafone and I haven't passed it, for whatever reason. I've emailed the address the lady gave me, hopefully they can give me a reason as she promised.

Back to eBay for a TouchPad then :-( on the plus side, they seem to be decreasing in price as interest wanes from people who never really knew what a TouchPad was anyway.

Find out what credit reference agency they use (there are only 3 in the UK). Then go on their website and buy your credit report. It only costs 2.

There may be an error on your credit file, which you can appeal or have cleared. Plus, it makes for interesting reading, it's surprising just how much info they have about you on there.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast