Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    Anyone in the UK want the TP but not the pre 3? I'd split it right down the middle with you.... God I want a Pre3 in the USA!
    You'll have a hard time convincing someone to sign their life away on a contract for a phone they'd never see.
  2.    #22  
    Anyone in the UK want the TP but not the pre 3? I'd split it right down the middle with you.... God I want a Pre3 in the USA!
    I've ordered and will be keeping the TP. I'm willing to send the Pre 3 on to a loving home, and I'm sure others are too.

However, down the middle isn't a good deal for the person keeping the Touchpad. The Touchpad sold for 89 in the UK, and the Pre 3 for 299.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher View Post
    Unless I've done the maths wrong, that means I can get a Pre3 and TouchPad for 372? Not that great a deal to be honest.
    That's right.

The Pre 3 is currently retailing for 169 new from box. But I bet there gone very quickly. Yet they've been selling on ebay for over 300.

Likewise the Touchpad's have been going for 200.

Basically, if you want one then sell the other and the deal is pretty good. But mainly it's one of the very few ways to actually get hold of one at a reasonable price.

Also you should be able to get some VAT back when you cancel the contract.

If your out of contract and need a service plan anyway this is an excellent deal.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    That's right.

The Pre 3 is currently retailing for 169 new from box. But I bet there gone very quickly. Yet they've been selling on ebay for over 300.
    I'm selling Porsche 911 Turbos for 99. Unfortunately I've none in stock.

Anyway, it's probably a moot point. I ordered before I posted the offer on here, and have just received an email:

Unfortunately, this item is now out of stock. Blah blah blah.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    I've ordered and will be keeping the TP. I'm willing to send the Pre 3 on to a loving home, and I'm sure others are too.

However, down the middle isn't a good deal for the person keeping the Touchpad. The Touchpad sold for 89 in the UK, and the Pre 3 for 299.
    Actually, I have paid 69 for my Pre3 (if HP have given me my refund... I haven't checked) and 89 for my HP Touchpad. You won't find a Touchpad for 89 anymore than you'll find a Pre 3 for 69.
    Anyone wants to sell the TP? I'd like to buy one...
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post

I understand. But if the total deal is ~315 after the cancellation of the contract, if I paid 175 would that be a fair deal? Still more than the phone sells for 'officially' from box or others. Then whoever else gets the TP for 140 which is 2/3 what they can get it for on ebay...
    Last edited by gtkansan; 09/07/2011 at 08:29 AM.
    I asked Vodafone that and they told me that there is vat to pay on etf.
    Quote Originally Posted by snorri788 View Post
    Has anyone got a Credit Check Conformation email? Still waiting for mine...
    None here yet. Looks like a slow/lazy day at Vodafone.

Does anyone know if being in overdraft will damage my chance of passing the credit check? I'm never late paying or anything like that and have been a Vodafone customer on another contract for roughly a year now.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    WTH, this is a deal with some kind of Mobile Phone contract included? Worthless abroad UK I guess...
    I understand. But if the total deal is ~315 after the cancellation of the contract, if I paid 175 would that be a fair deal? Still more than the phone sells for 'officially' from box or others. Then whoever else gets the TP for 140 which is 2/3 what they can get it for on ebay...
    1, cancelling a contract might have negative impact on one's credit history
    2, there is a limit for the number of contracts one can get into with the network operator at the same time. by getting this phone and signing into the contract, one is actually giving up the opportunity of signning into something else for the entire period of the contract.
    3, it's not what you actually paid decides the value of the item. If you consider pre3 as something of a limited edition, you may better understand the current price for it.
    sara.ramli and i3 like this.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    looks to me as though the touchpad bundle has sold out- it isn't appearing as a free gift on the page now, although it was about 10mins ago.

hopefully i'm wrong!
    Blimey, that was fast. Glad I got in quick!

EDIT: For about a minute it kept giving me errors and telling me to call CS when I tried to access my basket... Seems fine now though, back to displaying my order.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Blimey, that was fast. Glad I got in quick!

EDIT: For about a minute it kept giving me errors and telling me to call CS when I tried to access my basket... Seems fine now though, back to displaying my order.
    How do you monitor your order through the site? I have an order confirmation number. Still waiting on my credit check.

Anybody else's go through?
    You go to the Account tab up the top, log in with your email, date of birth and order number and it'll give you the information
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    You go to the Account tab up the top, log in with your email, date of birth and order number and it'll give you the information
    Doesn't seem to work. Says my account number is invalid
    That's odd... Did you write it down from the order confirmation screen? (I think it's in the confirmation email too) Also when did you order? I got mine at around 1PM today, maybe they're out of stock/having difficulties?
    You lucky people across the pond.
    Im being thick - it's an order number. How do i get the account number?

Just found this on the CPW help section of the website:

When you order online we'll send you two emails
    The first confirms that we've received your order - we'll send this shortly after you've placed it.
    The second confirms your order has been accepted and is on its way - we usually send this on the next working day.

So I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to see if my order is shipping. All fingers crossed!
    Quote Originally Posted by snorri788 View Post
    Im being thick - it's an order number. How do i get the account number?
    I don't think you need an acount number
    click "my acount" on the upper right corner
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast