Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'm watching a number of ebay auctions and Pre 3's are selling for over £490 - are these prices for real?

Are people really willing to pay this much for them?
    Hehe they've become antiques already.
    Dunno its such a niche phone, if you love webos and you love the pre form factor, and £500 is pocket change for you, I guess why not. I suppose the ebayers are playing on the 'this is your only chance to get one' factor.
    It only takes one after all

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    QWERTZ Pre 3s are selling on eBay.de for up to 640€.
  4.    #4  
    Wow - the one I just watched went for £490 exactly - considering you can get them on a contract deal for 24x£10 thats a quick way to make £250....
    Yea those prices are crazy! I seen new Iphones go for less money. But I don't see the prices going down anytime soon Law of supply and demand. There is a shortage in the market so the prices will continue to be high.
    Jive Turkey likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    QWERTZ Pre 3s are selling on eBay.de for up to 640Ä.
    Someone sold 31 qwertz for 389/409Ä.
    People get excited...and carried away. Got to know when to walk away.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    paid 550 for one from London. And just found another on craigslist who wanted 500 but when he heard about the ebay prices, wanted 640. Brought him down to 550. Me and my cousin will be sporting our "very rare" "never released in the US" pre3s soon.
    I picked up one for £340 buy it now and £10 shipping to the US. Thats the cheapest I've seen on ebay.
    Start looking to find AT&T Pre 3's on ebay and craigslist. rumor has it that HP is selling them to employees. Maybe they will be cheaper.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnangnan View Post
    Someone sold 31 qwertz for 389/409Ä.
    It was a sale in Germany - but they were QWERTY.
    Actually most Pre3 (the very few that get offered) available on ebay.de are QWERTY or AZERTY.

QWERTZ are *extremely* rare for some reason.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ElasticMan View Post
    I'm watching a number of ebay auctions and Pre 3's are selling for over £490 - are these prices for real?

Are people really willing to pay this much for them?
    Classic demand&supply curve.

There's a lot of demand chasing very scarce supply. So the the auction prices are driven up by the part of the demand who are willing to pay the most.
    There were a couple of days last week when 0 Pre 3 were available.
    It's just a couple or so per day (except for 1 guy who had 31 QWERTY Pre3 to sell - they sold very quickly - few hours - at 409 EUR).
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by zfrogz View Post
    I picked up one for £340 buy it now and £10 shipping to the US. Thats the cheapest I've seen on ebay.
    I did the same. Guess you and I are two of the three units that guy was selling. Incidentally, it shipped today and according to the tracking info "is being made ready for despatch overseas". Yippee!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Start looking to find AT&T Pre 3's on ebay and craigslist. rumor has it that HP is selling them to employees. Maybe they will be cheaper.
    TTB:

I take it that's from the same five-figure stock rumored to be in the Indiana warehouse?
    Although it sucks to be on the receiving end of this, I can't blame people for doing it
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    I did the same. Guess you and I are two of the three units that guy was selling. Incidentally, it shipped today and according to the tracking info "is being made ready for despatch overseas". Yippee!
    I've been obsessively checking the tracking for updates. I'm a little worried it will get stuck at customs if the guy didn't fill out the proper forms. Guess we'll see.
    Paid 450 pounds ($700) for mine off of ebay.uk.co, received and activated it this morning.

No problems with the unit at all. I switched from my Sprint Pre- over to AT&T and even have my same phone number. It was a breeze.

I may have to purchase another as a back up unit - hoping the price will come down at some point.

In any case, I'm happy not to become another iphone clone.
    Are there any major issues shipping phones from the uk to the USA then ? especially regarding customs etc
    If the custom forms are filled out correctly, you can get yours in 1-2 days. The vendor I purchased from shipped it out using Parcelforce Worldwide - International and UK parcel delivery service - it arrived this morning by FedEx, for a cost of around $ 75
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    TTB:

I take it that's from the same five-figure stock rumored to be in the Indiana warehouse?
    Don't know about that.

Supposedly the HP employees who are lucky enough to be approved (by whom???) to get a North American Pre 3 for personal use are also given a stern warning about dire consequences if they try to resell these devices.

Leo must be doing everything he can do to try to keep Pre 3 hardware out of the hands of the general public in North America. Must be his own version of "How to win friends and influence people - 21st Century style" -

1 -Make decisions that cause your company's stock price to nose dive 40% lowering its marketcap by $25 billion
    2 -Keep the newest device made by your company sequesterd on one side of the Atlantic ocean and out of the hands of everyone else.
    (Maybe he only wants to win friends in Europe????)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    olebl, pat_the_cat and circadia like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast