1.    #1  
    Hi couple of quickies for those in the know.

1: One of the things i do miss is air video so trying to do similar with orb, went into settings on the pre3 orb site set it to flash player, video kind of works but its displayed kind of semi offscreen in landscape mode, anyone else using orb with a pre 3 or 2 can tell me the optimum settings to get this working smoothly, would prefer not to use the flash setting if possible?

2: Trying to install the black glass suite/theme and after installing diffstat and the theme via preware can't see any change in the screens? Is this not pre3 ready or something?

3:Is there a dlna client for Pre phones?

TIA

Rick
    Last edited by rick1963; 09/06/2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Extra Question
    1) Not sure about that one
    2) It may be because those themes aren't designed for the Pre3.
  3.    #3  
    Loving this phone but theres just a couple of ui elements that if I could change would make it perfect, eg: the dial screen, videos, pictures etc are based on a lovely blue backround with white text
    I find this really attractive and easy on the eye but messages and contacts are grey with black text and a little inconsistent with the others would love to be able to change these but imagine would have to wait for themes and patches etc?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    1 - Set the Orb control panel to flash streaming. We are now forced to use Flash with Orb since version 2.5x. Orb is trying to make a buck or two from the Apps they created for iOS and Android. Realplayer video streaming is almost impossible to enable with the current Orb client. The Orb forums have posts from some users who uninstall and reinstall using default values without changing any settings eventually being able to get real media format to stream. The only way I have had success is to uninstall their current streamer on my pc, Downgrade to their 1.x streamer then you can use real media streaming like we used to do on the Treo and centro. Actually any of thier clients prior to 2.5x is supposed to work but you won't have a TV program guide, only a numerical channel list if you use Orb to stream live TV from your TV tuner card.

- I set the streaming bandwidth very low with orb because I use so many devices and wanted to try to keep a handle on my data usage. Hard coding your streaming speed will make things work better too. I set mine up for 500K from my home PC and 200K - 250K on my mobile devices.

- Set the Pre 3 browser to auto play flash (works on the touchpad too).
    - Keep the pre3 in portrait mode until after the video starts playing, then rotate it to landscape position.
    - Carefully drag the video in the Orb flash browser screen to center it. If you tap and then drag, you may trigger a flash mode change that will not allow you to drag the image while enabled. You would know you have triggered it by an "X" in the lower right corner. If you do just tap that "X" to return to regular mode. In regular mode you can drag the image of the flash video around.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick1963 View Post
    Trying to install the black glass suite/theme and after installing diffstat and the theme via preware can't see any change in the screens? Is this not pre3 ready or something?
    What's the answer to this?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.