Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #1  
    It's irreplaceable.
  2. #2  
    im thinking of fitting mine with airbags and replacing the cover with whatever the hell they make aircraft black boxes from, then slap a screen protector over the top of them.

    ...and..........possibly some form of anti-grav addon, anything to stop it breaking if it falls to its doom on a concrete surface, coz if that ever happened, every man and animal on the planet will hear the faint echo of "Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!".
  3. #3  
    If I owned a Pre 3, I really don't know what I'd do. On one hand, great phone. On the other hand, if it dies, it's gone. I would almost be tempted to use it as a second phone and not my primary. Soon though, every webOS user, from Pre- to Veer, will be in the same boat!
  4. #4  
    I might encase mine in a bubble or a pocket of space time so I can keep it mint condition forever. In truth I'm tempted to buy a 2nd and never use it until my current one dies (hopefully a while from now)

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnedfood View Post
    If I owned a Pre 3, I really don't know what I'd do. On one hand, great phone. On the other hand, if it dies, it's gone. I would almost be tempted to use it as a second phone and not my primary. Soon though, every webOS user, from Pre- to Veer, will be in the same boat!
    Ditto. Dropped my Pre- Saturday & can almost pop the top off and see the bits & pieces inside. Spent some time reading up on the Pre 3 & Veer and finally decided to just use my spare (Ebay 4 months ago just in case!) and try to survive until iPhone 5 release or someone commits to licensing & producing a new webOS phone & will assess my options for either of those if/when this one kicks the bucket.

    My congrats to those who managed to get a Pre 3. Enjoy it!
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
  6. i3
    i3 is offline
    i3's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    #6  
    @stickerboy, what is this forums app you are using on your pre? where can i get it from?
    thanks
  7. #7  
    Well, you have a problem that would like to have, too...


    Best Regards...

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  8. fury's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    @stickerboy, what is this forums app you are using on your pre? where can i get it from?
    thanks
    Click the word Forums in that post and it'll open the app catalog. It's a $3 app meant to streamline access to compatible forums like this one for mobile access
  9. #9  
    worst thing about owning a pre 3 is not having one
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    worst thing about owning a pre 3 is not having one
    +1 . Totally agree ^_^

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  11. #11  
    I got offered insurance for my Pre3 but declined, when asked why I replied that you'd have to be an olympic class sprinter to get away with my phone.

    As for losing it I'm waaaaaaaaaaay too paranoid to let it out of my sight or to let damage occur to it. Although I'll admit my Pre- took a hell of a beating n it's still working well
  12. #12  
    HP must replace broken Pre 3s under warranty even if the product is discontinued.
    fxspec06 likes this.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by stickerboy View Post
    I might encase mine in a bubble or a pocket of space time so I can keep it mint condition forever. In truth I'm tempted to buy a 2nd and never use it until my current one dies (hopefully a while from now)

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I have a 2nd Pre2 for this very purpose. I really hope the one I'm using and my backup can make it till a new webOS device is released.
  14. i3
    i3 is offline
    i3's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    #14  
    when i c lick that word forums, it takes me to this link

    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...forums&code=IL

    which says the apkication is not currently available...
  15. i3
    i3 is offline
    i3's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    #15  
    when i c lick that word forums, it takes me to this link

    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...forums&code=IL

    which says the apkication is not currently available...
  16. #16  
    This point of what happens if one needs replacing is interesting... I'm in UK and my Pre3 sends about 80-90% of calls straight to voicemail... need to send it off for repair/replace under warranty but will I be able to get a replacement if they don't seem to exist?!?!!?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by shai126 View Post
    This point of what happens if one needs replacing is interesting... I'm in UK and my Pre3 sends about 80-90% of calls straight to voicemail... need to send it off for repair/replace under warranty but will I be able to get a replacement if they don't seem to exist?!?!!?
    I've noticed that slightly, nowhere near as often as 80-90, more like 5 or 10. I assumed it was due to poor signal, with 2 bars on the pre3 equivalent to 1 bar on my last phone.

    How is your reception generally?
    wbussing likes this.
  18. #18  
    The worst thing is getting a faulty unit with a touchscreen that doesn't register touches, and not getting any response from palm eurostore that may or may not have replacement units...
  19. bmtraudt's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #19  
    keeping mine in a safety deposit box, next to my Stinky Pete. (original box of course:-)
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    I've noticed that slightly, nowhere near as often as 80-90, more like 5 or 10. I assumed it was due to poor signal, with 2 bars on the pre3 equivalent to 1 bar on my last phone.

    How is your reception generally?
    Tend to be on about 2 or 3 bars at home, outgoing calls are perfect, data is perfect, its just incoming calls where vast majority I have no idea about (until the voicemail/angry text message that follows!)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions