Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by retirecom View Post
    Ditto. Dropped my Pre- Saturday & can almost pop the top off and see the bits & pieces inside. Spent some time reading up on the Pre 3 & Veer and finally decided to just use my spare (Ebay 4 months ago just in case!) and try to survive until iPhone 5 release or someone commits to licensing & producing a new webOS phone & will assess my options for either of those if/when this one kicks the bucket.

My congrats to those who managed to get a Pre 3. Enjoy it!
    Grab a Pre2 and Franken Pre. Thanks to webOS internals/precentral the hardest part is installing unbuntu.
    Quote Originally Posted by retirecom View Post
    Ditto. Dropped my Pre- Saturday & can almost pop the top off and see the bits & pieces inside. Spent some time reading up on the Pre 3 & Veer and finally decided to just use my spare (Ebay 4 months ago just in case!) and try to survive until iPhone 5 release or someone commits to licensing & producing a new webOS phone & will assess my options for either of those if/when this one kicks the bucket.

My congrats to those who managed to get a Pre 3. Enjoy it!
    You might consider getting an AGF GRT slider case.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...er-design.html

I dropped my Pre+ a few weeks past and had a similar 'looseness' of about 1 to 1.5 millimeters (before mine was really tight) and a little oreo effect. The case really holds the the Pre together...kind of like Spanx...it's a compression garment...It's a girdle! [ala Hot In Cleveland]

All eyes are on TV monitors mounted from the ceiling. On the screens, Melanie (Valerie Bertinelli) tries to explain to Elka (Betty White) what Spanx are. "It's a compression garment that makes a smooth line under your clothes," she says.

"Oh," Elka answers. "I have a compression garment -- it's called a girdle."
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Grab a Pre2 and Franken Pre. Thanks to webOS internals/precentral the hardest part is installing unbuntu.
    I'm tempted. Coming to Precentral these days is like feeding a bad habit. Pre-, Franken Pre2, or Pre 3 for $$$???

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    You might consider getting an AGF GRT slider case.
    Ha! Thx for the link. Looks like a good item to have esp if I invest in yet another Pre- for backup. (Just one more time, I swear!).

Back to the thread at hand, I appreciate all the comments Pre 3 owners share. It will help those of us who haven't yet pulled the trigger weigh the risks/rewards.
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    I'm tempted. Coming to Precentral these days is like feeding a bad habit. Pre-, Franken Pre2, or Pre 3 for $$$???

I was able to steal a Pre2 off of HP for $50.00. Wish I could have gotten that price months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtraudt View Post
    keeping mine in a safety deposit box, next to my Stinky Pete. (original box of course:-)
    now that's funny!
    Franklin Planner (Monarch Size)>Royal Organizer>years>>>Treo 650>Treo 680>Treo Pro>BB Bold>Pre3
    The worst thing about owning a Pre3 must be that the next phone you own will need to be a lot better to make up for the lack of WebOS.

I got caught in the same situation with in ear headphones, where I went from good enough to slightly audiophile upgrading each time, last to a pair costing just under $100.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Knowing it will die sooner or later. I just noticed micro-scratches on the screen. Will stop doing the quick shirt wipe and only use damp cloths once every other time now.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    It's irreplaceable.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    HP must replace broken Pre 3s under warranty even if the product is discontinued.
    Quote Originally Posted by shai126 View Post
    This point of what happens if one needs replacing is interesting... I'm in UK and my Pre3 sends about 80-90% of calls straight to voicemail... need to send it off for repair/replace under warranty but will I be able to get a replacement if they don't seem to exist?!?!!?
    I'll repeat exactly what johnnygewitter said: HP must replace broken Pre 3s under warranty even if the product is discontinued.

They clearly exist if they sold them to you and/or anyone.

HP will honor all warranties for Pre 3's. This means that they are replaceable, and any worries about 'not being able to get a replacement' are unwarranted.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

warlord9159 likes this.
  9. xpl
    haha, good point. just get a proper case for it!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I'll repeat exactly what johnnygewitter said: HP must replace broken Pre 3s under warranty even if the product is discontinued.

HP will honor all warranties for Pre 3's. This means that they are replaceable, and any worries about 'not being able to get a replacement' are unwarranted.
    Well maybe if you live in a cosy little world bereft of thieves and accidents then yea, those worries are unwarranted.

But out here in the big bad world, if you lose your phone or drop it down the toilet then you can't exactly expect HP to step up and offer you a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    Well maybe if you live in a cosy little world bereft of thieves and accidents then yea, those worries are unwarranted.

But out here in the big bad world, if you lose your phone or drop it down the toilet then you can't exactly expect HP to step up and offer you a replacement.
    uhm.... why would you expect a replacement anyways?

i shouldn't even respond to that comment... why should HP, or ANYONE, offer you a replacement because you dropped your phone down the toilet? when, in the history of anything that ever existed, ever, has the manufacturer been liable for the consumer breaking whatever it was that he or she owned?

you buy one item. there is no clause or contract anywhere that says that you should be allowed to purchase another one if you are dumb enough to break it yourself.

You've got your warranty. That's it.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Well Apple is well different - I've dropped devices, spilled water on expensive laptops - all not covered on warranty - but replaced FOR FREE just because Apple is awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaten View Post
    Well Apple is well different - I've dropped devices, spilled water on expensive laptops - all not covered on warranty - but replaced FOR FREE just because Apple is awesome
    Apple is no different than any other company

To say that "Apple is awesome" is a far stretch of the imagination, and, quite frankly, not appropriate to this forum, and even moreso, inappropriate for this thread.

Every device has a water strip inside of them. If the strip is a different colour, then it cannot be replaced due to water damage. Anything else, and it can be covered.

BOTTOM LINE: Read and understand your warranty. Apple, or any other company, may not be 'AWESOME', they are most likely just doing what they are contracted to do

Worst thing for me... It locks up after extended periods of time! Any clues? I started a new thread on this today...

webOS 2.2.0 Build 3171

I completely agree with this. The only problem would be getting a support agent who actually knows about the device and would know what to do :P
    The worst thing about owning a Pre 3 is to know that this awsome devices could easily have saved webOs...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm saying I've spilled water on my MacBook Air and Apple gave me a brand new one - my ipod touch I dropped and had its screen broken - given brand new one for free - my Smart Cover broke due to over use - again given a free one at the Genius Bar so yes Apple is awesome

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pre 3 QWERTY, The Veer, GSM Pre 2 and GSM Pixi Plus - 64GB White TouchPad and 32GB Black TouchPad
  18.    #38  
    uhm.... why would you expect a replacement anyways?

i shouldn't even respond to that comment... why should HP, or ANYONE, offer you a replacement because you dropped your phone down the toilet? when, in the history of anything that ever existed, ever, has the manufacturer been liable for the consumer breaking whatever it was that he or she owned?

you buy one item. there is no clause or contract anywhere that says that you should be allowed to purchase another one if you are dumb enough to break it yourself.

You've got your warranty. That's it.
    That's my point, dude.
    Having bought it and not being able to lay your hand on it

Mine sitting with my friend in UK. 2 weeks more.
    nikipod likes this.
    I agree, worst thing is waiting for it to arrive! Sometime today...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast