1.    #1  
    Hi, when i am texting on my pre3 i found that pressing return sends the message instead of going to the next line (ex iPhone user) i put on the patch that means you have to press return twice so thats ok, this may be a bit of a lame question to you experienced pre users but how the hell do you get to a new line?

Ta in advance
    Rick
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rick1963 View Post
    Hi, when i am texting on my pre3 i found that pressing return sends the message instead of going to the next line (ex iPhone user) i put on the patch that means you have to press return twice so thats ok, this may be a bit of a lame question to you experienced pre users but how the hell do you get to a new line?

Ta in advance
    Rick
    I think I saw a patch somewhere,it allows you to hold shift and press return to go to a new line.However,can't find it now since I'm studying,wish other users could help you out...when I'm free,I'll try to open the emulator and find for you
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Are you wanting to leave a blank line in the message? What does pressing return once do? I don't have my Pre 3 quite yet...
  4.    #4  
    Hi, thanks for your replies, with the patch applied the send icon changes colour as if waiting for the second press to get permission to send, when pressed the second time it sends, i put the patch on thinking it would be one press of return for next line two presses to send but seems not to be the case, sent so many half finished messages over the weekend my clients probably think I'm losing it!
    Hi, thanks for your replies, with the patch applied the send icon changes colour as if waiting for the second press to get permission to send, when pressed the second time it sends, i put the patch on thinking it would be one press of return for next line two presses to send but seems not to be the case, sent so many half finished messages over the weekend my clients probably think I'm losing it!
    Hahaha same here!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
    OPT + Enter starts a new line for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by UpTheRams View Post
    Are you wanting to leave a blank line in the message? What does pressing return once do? I don't have my Pre 3 quite yet...
    With stock settings, it sends the message.

With the patch installed, you need to double-tap Enter to send (or tap the on screen icon once).
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    OPT + Enter starts a new line for me.
    Top man winstonsmith that does the trick, many thanks for your tip....

Rick