Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    It looks like I finally managed to get someone to land the Vodaphone Pre3 deal for me, so now I'm thinking about service.

I'd like to test the phone out to make sure that everything's behaving ok before I commit to a 2-year plan with AT&T-- in particular, if Verizon does **** me off, I mean shock everyone and release the phone 2 two weeks, I'd rather just get the US version with no issues than mess around with getting the UK version behaving correctly.

Is it possible to snag a pre-paid plan to use for a month to ensure that I actually have a signal at my house & work and all that good stuff? It looks like I could land the $2/day + the $15 data plan to at least verify the phone will do what it's supposed to, but I'm curious if anyone has experience with this or not.

If it doesn't work, I guess I'll be trying to convince some friend on AT&T to lend me their SIM for a week or two
    how much did you get the pre3 for and how ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I've got an AT&T pre-paid go-phone sim card I use for testing purposes.

It is on the $2 per day used (if i dont't make a phone call, send a text or use data on it during any given day I don't pay the $2.00 for that day) My pre-paid account only gets dinged $2.00 the first use on any particular day.

There's a 500MB per month pre-paid smartphone feature option for $25 a month that's been more than sufficient for the needs I have for this account. If I renew the feature before it expires, or set it up to auto renew monthly, any unused megabytes roll over to the next month.

I've tested the AT&T Pre-Paid go-phone SIM card in many devices. As for both the Veer 4G and the EU Pre 3 - 3G data works just fine. I've been told that HSPA+ on devices with that capability will be functional with pre-paid go phone SIM cards in the near future. It's a matter of provisioning. There's no Pre-Paid HSPA+ 4G devices available yet, but some are already in the pipeline. Once they are released the provisioning will be in place for pre-paid use of hspa+ 4g
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    thanks. I also was able to snag an unlocked gsm pre3 and will be going this route at first.
    The pre3 will work on att it just won't or it shouldn't get 4g unless these were phones initially intended for att in the first place. Otherwise you should get 3g at the least or 2g on t-mobile network. Anyways where did you get your pre at ? And may I ask how much was it ?
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 09/04/2011 at 10:18 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Friend's mom lives in the UK, she signed up for the 10.50 Vodaphone plan to get the free Pre3. In a lucky coincidence, she was already coming to the US on the 8th, so I can avoid overseas shipping.

If I get decent reception at home, and Verizon passes, I'll get a 2-year plan with the Veer as a backup. If it sucks, I'll cry a lot, then probably put it up in the marketplace.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    Friend's mom lives in the UK, she signed up for the 10.50 Vodaphone plan to get the free Pre3. In a lucky coincidence, she was already coming to the US on the 8th, so I can avoid overseas shipping.

If I get decent reception at home, and Verizon passes, I'll get a 2-year plan with the Veer as a backup. If it sucks, I'll cry a lot, then probably put it up in the marketplace.
    Well, if you find Pre 3 sucks and want to sell, then surely lots of people here want to buy. Including me

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    ebay.co.UK is where I found mine for just under 600 shipped. Listing wasn't up for more than a few hours before I jumped on it. Reading up on at&ts prepaid plans and my area doesn't support 3g for prepaid plans... Here's the link...

Get Started - from AT&T
    Last edited by rayray333; 09/05/2011 at 01:29 AM. Reason: typo.