Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WinstonSmith
  1.    #1  
    hi there guys,

Getting my Pre 3 tomorrow just wondering maybe someone has some advise for total newbie regarding apps, patches, tweaks and all. All your help is really appreciated.
    Btw any descent news readers?

Many thanks
    getting mine tomorrow too. Thesw are great for the Pre2. Not sure if they will all work on the 3 yet.

dr podder
    mapping tool (pro)
    uk radio
    comics
    mini squadron
    need for speed
    engadget
    webos roundup
    precentral news(unofficial)
    forums

patches
    download from youtube

your taste may vary.

hope you like it.
    Mapping Tool Pro and Comics do work on the Pre3
    I would add Carbon to that. Even though it is not optimised for the Pre3 yet it is better than Spaz and personally I think it is the best Twitter client I ever used. Definitely worth the bees!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
    When someone recommends a twitter client as a must-have app for the platform, I feel a fresh wave of despair wash over me
    JobslessElop likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    getting mine tomorrow too. Thesw are great for the Pre2. Not sure if they will all work on the 3 yet.

dr podder
    mapping tool (pro)
    uk radio
    comics
    mini squadron
    need for speed
    engadget
    webos roundup
    precentral news(unofficial)
    forums

patches
    download from youtube

your taste may vary.

hope you like it.
    I have tried drPodder, Mini Squadron, Forums and they work well.
    I had PreCentral News(unofficial) but it seems to just link to the web page now which isn't quite as nice. SplashID is also an essential for me and that works fine as does PreWare and all the goodies that brings.

So far there are only 13 patches (not including download from youtube) but the doctor was only released on Friday so give it time...
    I am a total newb too:

here is my list:

-preware (obviously to install programs w/o appshop)

-max blocker (ad blocker + privacy protection, but not yet updated for WebOS 2.2 I believe)

-muffle system log (to turn logging lower and save battery)

-Flickr batch picture up-loaders (still need to test which one is best)

Wishist (If those do exist I hope a veteran would be so kind to add the name of the programm ):

-voice recorder software

-integrated SIP client (they don't seem to have it?! I need this, not 20 games)

- user friendly firewall such as firewall IP on iOS.

-status area utility to turn on and off 3G, switch between EDGE and 3G , save battery when 3G not needed

-auto disconnect data connections on triggered "low or no activity" to save battery

-system info utility (ram / processes running / CPU etc.. , to see what is eating my battery in 6 hours of "iddle")

-underclock - overclock utility/script to balance performance to usage scenario and save battery

-easy brightness control in status area

-USB host mode to plug in external (I believe it somehow works but need to test)

-document scanner application (auto detecting an straightening, crop photographed documents, share via convert and mail / bluetooth PDF)

-Wagic (game)

-virtual keyboard, especially for landscape mode

-web browser with plug in support such as Firefox,... ok just Firefox

-a stand alone navigation software

-an internet radio

-a virtual mouse pointer for selecting text easily (separate words and characters)
    -Libreoffice or OpenOffice to view / edit complex files