Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just saw that mobiles.co.uk have Vodaphone Pre3 in stock, for as little as free with contract. Now, seeing that I can get unlock software for the Pre3 for as little as usd40, I'd really like to get mu hands one one. But as I live in Norway, it's difficult. Any ideas? Any UK residents who'd like to buy a few, activate them to the US appstore, unlock them, and put them on ebay?
    just to let you know all phones from mobiles.co.uk are unlocked :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by olebl View Post
    I just saw that mobiles.co.uk have Vodaphone Pre3 in stock, for as little as free with contract. Now, seeing that I can get unlock software for the Pre3 for as little as usd40, I'd really like to get mu hands one one. But as I live in Norway, it's difficult. Any ideas? Any UK residents who'd like to buy a few, activate them to the US appstore, unlock them, and put them on ebay?
    There is no way for anyone to buy few... One can only buy two pay monthly contracts from them in 3 months... Besides, the phone is free, but you have to pay for the monthly rental

The pre3 comes unlock though.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    That is a hell of a deal.

You sign up for 24month contract with vodafone and get 15 months free and free Pre 3, so total cost for 2 years of unlim. texts, 300 mins, 500MB internet and a Pre 3 is 9x31 = 279. Not bad considering I paid 300 for the phone alone

HP Pre 3 - Best Deals on Contract Prices from Mobiles.co.uk
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    If you just want the phone, get the 10.50 plan -- 252 total.

There's apparently a loyalty program you can try joining that gets you another 50 off, and I hear tell that if you cancel the plan right away, it's actually 202, but I'm not clear on exactly how all that works.
  6.    #6  
    I've sent them an email to see if they can help sell me a phone off contract. Boy was it hard sending that email, I needed to fill in a UK post code, as well as an order number. Seems like they don't want emails unless you already have ordered something, and live in the UK. I faked both, so we'll see how that goes. :-)
    Too bad only people from the UK are able to buy via those channels.
    And obviously there can't be found enough people from this board willing to do this service, even for a little extra, for us non-brits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnhuld View Post
    And obviously there can't be found enough people from this board willing to do this service, even for a little extra, for us non-brits.
    I do have one pre3 for sale in marketplace...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Get into a contractual relationship for the purposes of making 40 or so on the side? You are surprised that people are giving this idea a miss?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Get into a contractual relationship for the purposes of making 40 or so on the side? You are surprised that people are giving this idea a miss?
    Well, contracts have a limited life time, don't they?
    I am selling mine as I bought two of them and one is surplus to requirement.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-Palm-Pr...item3cbbc351f4
    Just ordered one on the 10.50 deal - I already have a 3 sim to stick in it - unlimited web plan.

Along with my Desire HD and iPad I'll have Android, iOS and now webOS devices play with!
    Andyroochoo likes this.
    Just picked up my 2nd Pre3 thanks to the CPW (bought the 1st one at proper price) so that'll be making it's way onto the marketplace once I have enough posts. So expect drivel from me (nothing new)
    Ive just picked up my two from CPW this evening
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSnomad View Post
    Just picked up my 2nd Pre3 thanks to the CPW (bought the 1st one at proper price) so that'll be making it's way onto the marketplace once I have enough posts. So expect drivel from me (nothing new)
    I'd be happy to buy it from you. )
    I'd be happy to buy it from you. )
    Tbh I'm looking more for trade for a 32Gb TouchPad with touchstone dock then cash but you can always persuade me otherwise
    Well it seems I didn't get my 2nd one as Voda did the credit check twice in 30 mins so put the 2nd one on permanent hold

Interestingly if you now go to CPW website to order a pre 3 you have an option to add a 32Gb or 16Gb touchpad as a free gift, but they then say there is no stock LOL

That gift option has only just recently been added. I wonder if they have earmarked some more touchpads to ONLY be sold with a contract Pre 3
  18. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
    Well it seems I didn't get my 2nd one as Voda did the credit check twice in 30 mins so put the 2nd one on permanent hold

Interestingly if you now go to CPW website to order a pre 3 you have an option to add a 32Gb or 16Gb touchpad as a free gift, but they then say there is no stock LOL

That gift option has only just recently been added. I wonder if they have earmarked some more touchpads to ONLY be sold with a contract Pre 3
    They're reserving the Touchpads to bundle with Pre 3s, and are launching the offer tomorrow. So for an extra fiver a month over the 10.50 Pre 3 deal you can have a Touchpad too.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...e-deal-uk.html
    Damn, I've just ordered another one too without the touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    So for an extra fiver a month over the 10.50 Pre 3 deal you can have a Touchpad too.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...e-deal-uk.html
    So that amounts to 120 for the Touchpad. Which is still a decent price to get the TouchPad for, but it's definately much higher than the firesale price.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast