Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I picked it up to find it completely dead. No sign of life. I tried pressing the on button, even holding it on, nada.

so I put the charger on, to see if it would help. After about 30 seconds it stArted to boot.

I checked the battery when it could, and it was 75%

I wonder what happened.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Just....kind of....coma maybe...
    I believe I had it once on my pre
    had to remove the battery and put it back on to rescue it
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I picked it up to find it completely dead. No sign of life. I tried pressing the on button, even holding it on, nada.

so I put the charger on, to see if it would help. After about 30 seconds it stArted to boot.

I checked the battery when it could, and it was 75%

I wonder what happened.
    It happened to me too, freaked me out...I used a different charger then , not the stock charger with the phone. Attributed the coma to the use of different charger moved on...
    I get this too every so often on my Pre... no idea why tho !!
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    i took my Pre 3 off the Touchstone after leaving it to charge overnight and it was at 60% and really hot
    Loose battery issue like the Pre- has/had?
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    my pre3 is dead (no response, black screen) for a few times when I made phone call with skype.
    hardware was and is always an issue, I am more confidant of my centro than my pre plus
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    i took my Pre 3 off the Touchstone after leaving it to charge overnight and it was at 60% and really hot
    Same thing happened to me, left my phone charging on the touchstone overnight and woke up to it really hot around 55C (govnah on exhibition) and the battery at just 75% charge. Not sure why that is.
    As I mention at many other thread at precentral.. BEWARE about the TouchStone.

More over Pre 3 is very rare phone. Don't waste it to put on TouchStone and fried it.

Why we don't just use the standard charger? I think it is far saver then TouchStone which always give more heat to our phone.

MAN!! fried PRE 3 ARRRGGHH.... I can't imagine that. I already put my TouchStone back to its box since my Pre+ damaged. Now I use standard charger on Veer for safest charging.
    Black screen, no response on any hardware button has happened to my device too while it was left connected to the PC (charging mode)
    After noticing its miserable state I connected the Pre 3 to its dedicated charger and after a while the HP logo came up again. No Patches installed on that moment, no preware.
    So is this some kind of Pre 3 defect or what?. This is make me afraid to buy one with high price. If Pre 3 firesale by HP, I'm surely don't care what problems Pre 3 have.
    Quote Originally Posted by EN4CER View Post
    I get this too every so often on my Pre... no idea why tho !!
    Same here! Something with sleep mode is wrong. Maybe sleep mode voltage settings in stock kernel. It goes to deep in suspend.
    I have had my Pre 3 for less than 24 hours. I haven't experienced the issue in the same way....but I did get something similar. My screen went black and the Pre 3 was unresponsive every time I went to make a phone call this morning. I could repeat the issue. I did activate with Impostah. I also had an issue where the GPS wasn't working. So, I doctored my Pre 3 and then both issues were fixed. I still had US app catalog as well, so it was a good test of my activation.
    Now my screen works when making a call, but now there is no audio during a call unless I use speaker phone. It worked earlier in the day, after I doctored it though.
    Just to weigh in, I've not had this problem yet, after ~2 weeks usage
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Jodi, could it be the headset plug issue? Try to plug in and out the plug a coulpe of times.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    BTW, this is just a one-off. It's never happened before or since.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    It happened to me today. Took out the batt and put it back in, works now. Was really worried at first. The charging issue seems to be a placement issue. Happened to me a few times. My touchstone at work seemed to work better than my home one, may be swapping them.
    I used to have this happen on my pre-all the time, very annoying. Pity they didn't get to the root cause of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Jodi, could it be the headset plug issue? Try to plug in and out the plug a coulpe of times.
    Yes, I think you are correct, it's all working correctly again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast