1.    #1  
    Hi all of the treads i can find relating to this are quite old, i have just got a pre3 and loving it so far, only thing i would change about it is the fact that after unlocking the phone its nice and bright but dulls down after a few seconds, is there or will there be a patch to disable this behaviour?? Cannot find anything in Preware
    Was this ever patched on the pre2 or did it not do it anyway?

Sorry if these are newbie questions but i did do a search honest :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by rick1963 View Post
    Hi all of the treads i can find relating to this are quite old, i have just got a pre3 and loving it so far, only thing i would change about it is the fact that after unlocking the phone its nice and bright but dulls down after a few seconds, is there or will there be a patch to disable this behaviour?? Cannot find anything in Preware
    Was this ever patched on the pre2 or did it not do it anyway?

Sorry if these are newbie questions but i did do a search honest :-)
    No, no and no, it is one of the bug bears for me also.

Barry
    I too was having this problem. Installing the "Disable Light Sensitive Dimming" patch from Preware is the only solution I am aware of -- but I could be wrong, I'm completely new to WebOS and have only had the Pre3 for a couple of days.
    That is the right patch, problem is it also disabled the function that turn off your screen when taking a phone call. Whenever my screen touched the side of my face it pressed the number on the keypad. I disabled the patch and its back to normal.
    That's strange... I just made a call and covered the sensor and the screen did switch off.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Not sure what happened, but I decided to reinstall the patch. I tested it twice to make sure but everything is alright now.
    Glad to hear it's sorted.

8. Pix
    i get an HUNK failure, trying to install this patch... are there some conflicts with other patches ?
    I'm a complete WebOS newbie so I'm afraid I can't help. Hopefully someone who can will come along and post.