Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    The more I read the few lucky friends in Europe with their Pre 3, the more saddened I feel b/c I won't get this phone and this was finally the one great webOS phone that got shoved into oblivion. I've wanted this phone for so long! (as with everyone else). Yes, I'm in the US...

Instead, I scored a 32gb TP. Never planned on buying one in the beginning but now that I have it, it's a nice to have. But it's not Pre 3!!!
    I pretty much agree. The Touchpad is nice, especially discounted, but eh, if it came down to it I could easily do without it. I honestly probably prefer my Windows 7 tablet anyway.

My Pre 2 seems to be barely holding it together and I was holding out for a Pre 3, and that's what I'm really dreading having to switch to another operating system for.
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    I'm with you on this...very sad I can't get a Pre 3 on Verizon or Sprint. Waited a long time for it, too....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I have no use for a touchpad either. It doesn't fit in my pocket.

My Pre Plus' screen's bottom half isn't working darn
    I sadly gave up waiting for a Pre 3 when I learned Sprint wasn't interested in it. Maybe by the time my Pre- gives out, some company will have come up with a smartphone that has a more WebOS looking UI. WebOS features are slowly being built into other OS.
    yeah, it sucks as that is the device I had been waiting for and now won't get. I am making the switch to windows phone (got a dell venue pro for $269 unlocked without contract). It aint webos, but my other choices would be android or blackberry, and that aint happening. Its as close to a pre 3 as I can get.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    That makes seven of us...
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    That makes seven of us...
    here comes the eight...

will be getting pre 2 soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by sylau90 View Post
    here comes the eight...

will be getting pre 2 soon.
    Sprint FrankenPre2 here for a week and I'm lovin' it! (Ba da ba da ba)

EDIT: But again... Pre 3! Gah! All the posts about the Sconix Advanced patches and Tweaks are making me so jealous! Wanted it soooo bad! Gah!
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 09/03/2011 at 02:42 AM.
    There are some on ebay if you're willing to pay the price...

good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokal View Post
    There are some on ebay if you're willing to pay the price...

good luck!
    Eh. A one-time big expense doesn't bother me. It's the more-than-triple I'd be paying for my phone bill every month for the rest of eternity. Not to mention the six or seven people on my plan I'd screw over... I needed it to come to Sprint, which was always a pipe dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Sprint FrankenPre2 here for a week and I'm lovin' it! (Ba da ba da ba)

EDIT: But again... Pre 3! Gah! All the posts about the Sconix Advanced patches and Tweaks are making me so jealous! Wanted it soooo bad! Gah!
    the burst of Pre3 activity is just because it's new and everything is being adapted to support it. So far it's not really getting anything that the Pre2 doesn't already have.

the Pre1 with 1.4.5 probably still has more patches than the Pre2.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Same here which is why i've just sold my Touchpad to a forum member and will march on solely with the Pre3.
    Agreed.

TP is nice - and sure for 100-200 I would get one. But not really much interested in a tablet.

But Pre3 is what I was waiting for

You can hunt for a UK QWERTY on ebay - as long as you are on one of the US GSM carriers.

Pre3 in Germany are so rare and sought after that they sell at 600 Euro (*original* retail was 450) on ebay.de (and that's for UK QWERTY and FR AZERTY models - not DE QWERTZ).

It seems that UK and France were the only countries with decent stocks that ever got into retail channels. And both are rapidly cleaning out too.

Even the Veers have been sold out by now. Prices going up again as demand is much greater than supply.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Well, 3.6 inch screen plus faster processor and Bluetooth MAP protocol(WebOS 2.2 should have it but I'm not sure) are what I wanted, plus I also wanted full HSPA+ on AT&T. I need my phone to work inside buildings, and the lack of frequencies means a European Pre 3 just wouldn't do it for me.

So, I had been waiting for the Pre 3 for a long time, they announced it, and I waited, then it got cancelled because HP has a bunch of f*cktards running the company. So, I'm a bit upset. Veer launch before Pre 3? *** were they thinking?!?
    I would gladly trade both my TouchPad 32GB and my Pre2 Unlocked for an ATT Pre3.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    MDsmartphone likes this.
    Yesterday, I stopped bidding on Ebay for a Pre3 from the UK when the price got over $500. The item sold for $615. I don't want the device that badly.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I'm waiting to see if 2.2 ends up on a frankenpre, then I'm going for that. At least I'll have more storage and won't pay the premium smartphone fees.
    I despair of ever having a new webOS phone. The Preł was exactly the phone I wanted. At this point, I'd take a Veer, but they are also nowhere to be found. My TouchPad is fine, my Pre- soldiers on, but the Preł would have been amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    I despair of ever having a new webOS phone. The Preł was exactly the phone I wanted. At this point, I'd take a Veer, but they are also nowhere to be found. My TouchPad is fine, my Pre- soldiers on, but the Preł would have been amazing.
    Why not a gsm pre2? I have two for sale...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast