Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By editorskeys
  1.    #1  
    Hey Guys

Editors Keys have just uploaded Mark Browns HP Pre 3 review in HD:

From the description and blog page it says that Editors Keys is supporting Pre Centrals cause for the support of WebOS!

Video above, blog post is below:

Full HP Pre 3 Review – Plus HD Video Review
    brum likes this.
    not watched this one yet,but his TP review was top notch.
  3.    #3  
    Hey

Yes good review! Did you get a TouchPad or Pre 3? Still can't find a TouchPad anywhere!
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Hah - Mark isn't it easier simply to say "my review" - I mean come on... Mark Brown and a user called MarkB?
  5.    #5  
    Hey

haha caught me out! Didn't want to be blowing my own trumpet!
    I've got a Touchpad(16G for 184) on order from ebay usa and a Pre3 coming from carphonewarehouse(15x24mnths tariff)

rumour has it that there may be more TPs in the supply chain, but I wouldn't bank on it.
  7.    #7  
    That's not bad at all. I'd really like a TouchPad, especially now they've added document editing. (the review one has gone to another member of the team.)

Before it couldn't quite be used for business without document editing, but now with the updates its a great bit of kit.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    i want
    Treo 680, Treo 750, Pre-, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    I've got a Touchpad(16G for 184) on order from ebay usa and a Pre3 coming from carphonewarehouse(15x24mnths tariff)

rumour has it that there may be more TPs in the supply chain, but I wouldn't bank on it.
    Im also hope they will find more Touchpads laying around. Apparently the ones being produced later on will only be for the US market according to HP.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    good review tbh, shows off teh good points as well as highlighting the bad/no hp support/future aspects, and totally agree on the opinion that either way, its still a good phone "out of the box" without any extra apps, tho their slowly going to increase at a guess, same as the TPad.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    good review tbh, shows off teh good points as well as highlighting the bad/no hp support/future aspects, and totally agree on the opinion that either way, its still a good phone "out of the box" without any extra apps, tho their slowly going to increase at a guess, same as the TPad.
    Yes I think thats the important point, it really is a good phone, there's not much you can't do from a phone and it still has features other phones don't

I hope even just a few games developers come forward and port their games. It still has no document editing even after Quick Office update. If they can solve that, get 50 really good apps, I'd switch from my iPhone 4 and use it as a main phone... no questions asked!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Im also hope they will find more Touchpads laying around. Apparently the ones being produced later on will only be for the US market according to HP.
    Some one in Dixons told me more are coming! Woohoo!
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    I like the "serena online" avatar with c= amiga logo on it
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    Too short for a review, more likely a preview for me.
  15. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    I thought it was quite fair. But...
    Why were the only alternatives given to WebOS (several times) iPhone and Android. Not heard of WP7?

Without getting into an OS war, as far as sleek and fast UIs go, it's up there with the best (especially with the Mango update), and is supposedly attracting many ex-WebOS users and developers. If you want instant, easy on the eye, response, and social networking 'synergy', it beats Apple and Google hands down. It's also no surprise that integration with Exchange (for corporate email, contacts and appointments) also works really well.

I might expect that from a mobile phone shop, where poor training, ignorance, deliberate sidelining, and reluctance to embrace or promote anything other than iPhone or Android is normal, and have been a significant factor to the slow takeup of other Palm/HP Pres and WP7.

I won't harp on more about that, as this is not the place to sing non-WebOS praises (and I still like using my Pre). But for a tech blogger, I would have expected the 'review' to be more open minded and informed as regards alternative choices?
    Last edited by Me2; 09/06/2011 at 06:59 AM.
    Love this review. I wish the reviewers in the US were as fair as this guy.