View Poll Results: Are you owning a Pre3?

Voters
768. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I am a lucky one.

    618 80.47%
  • No. But I would like to.

    150 19.53%
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 336
Like Tree29Likes
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias View Post
    +1, noch zum regulären Preis bei HP gekauft. hoffe, ich bekomme einen Teil zurückerstattet.

    My Palm vita: Palm Vx, Treo650, Palm Centro, Palm Pre Plus, HP Pre3
    Um......





    **applause**

    Welcome aboard!!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    akanak likes this.
  2. #142  
    Guys, I know how you can get a Pre 3 for £160 if you want to drop me a PM (PM me because I don't want some stupid guests coming in and stealing them all before the registered people on here get a chance - and don't just make an account to PM me, I won't tell you unless you have a few posts.)

    The phone is unfortunately in AZERTY format, but I have noticed little difference in my typing speed, it's just that sometimes I type "," instead of "m". It's fairly easy to pick up typing with the AZERTY keyboard, much easier than QWERTZ I have noticed.

    But in all seriousness, this site through which you can buy these is no secret to anyone, I just assume that, because we have 100+ people in this poll alone who want a Pre3, people have not yet heard about this. Yes, it's not as cheap as you wanted, but it's still aloit cheaper than any other site out there, and there are NO qwerty ones anywhere, NONE. so basically this is the only way and the cheapest way you're gonna get one. just drop me a PM and I'll send you a link ASAP.

    (instructions come in french... bummer I know :P seriously, you don't need instructions at all. and the charger is EU... so if you shave, you can get the charger working with your 3-pin --> 2-pin adaptor) but it's all USB so you don't even need a mains charge.)


    Also, I have sent multiple - 2 as of now - requests to XDA for a 'HP Pre 3' forum. Please show your support by PMing Mike Channon (forum admin) quoting my name (it's the same on XDA as it is here) and telling him that you would like to see a Pre 3 forum
    Last edited by andyt95; 10/01/2011 at 06:07 AM.
  3. #143  
    I have had an AT&T 16gb Pre3 since Wednesday night and I am so glad that I bought it!
    pre4 likes this.
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt95 View Post
    Also, I have sent multiple - 2 as of now - requests to XDA for a 'HP Pre 3' forum. Please show your support by PMing Mike Channon (forum admin) quoting my name (it's the same on XDA as it is here) and telling him that you would like to see a Pre 3 forum
    Dispersing an existing community over multiple sites makes no sense at all.

    Especially on XDA, where the focus is on Android, not webOS.

    -- Rod
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Dispersing an existing community over multiple sites makes no sense at all.

    Especially on XDA, where the focus is on Android, not webOS.

    -- Rod
    it makes sense because there is a monstrous community of devs over at XDA, and having a forum over there would give webOS a little more prevalence. There are a fair few people over there who do not know about this forum. And to be honest, the Pre 3 owning community here is pretty small.

    This is a small forum, no denying, you can argue, but compared to XDA this is tiny. XDA has 20,261 users online at this very moment, of whom I am one. The only reason I found this forum was because I desperately wanted to find a place for Pre-talk, because XDA does not have a forum. If it did have a forum, I guarantee that there would be many more active owners, just because the size of XDA forums is unmatched.

    There will be people who argue that there's just not enough Pre 3s out there to have a solid large community, but that is simply wrong. The devices were still made under contract from HP to (asian, most likely) manufacturers. There will be a huge number of people out there who own a Pre3, and maybe they are not on this forum simply because they do not know it exists, or decide that it is too small for any useful info. If they google "HP Pre 3 Forum" and found XDA, however, they would find a forum with 4,000,000 users. Now surely that would entice them a little more?
    Nokia 1110 ---------> S-E J300i ---> HTC Touch ------> HTC Hero --------------> HP Pre 3

  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt95 View Post
    Guys, I know how you can get a Pre 3 for £160 if you want to drop me a PM (PM me because I don't want some stupid guests coming in and stealing them all before the registered people on here get a chance - and don't just make an account to PM me, I won't tell you unless you have a few posts.)

    The phone is unfortunately in AZERTY format, but I have noticed little difference in my typing speed, it's just that sometimes I type "," instead of "m". It's fairly easy to pick up typing with the AZERTY keyboard, much easier than QWERTZ I have noticed.

    But in all seriousness, this site through which you can buy these is no secret to anyone, I just assume that, because we have 100+ people in this poll alone who want a Pre3, people have not yet heard about this. Yes, it's not as cheap as you wanted, but it's still aloit cheaper than any other site out there, and there are NO qwerty ones anywhere, NONE. so basically this is the only way and the cheapest way you're gonna get one. just drop me a PM and I'll send you a link ASAP.

    (instructions come in french... bummer I know :P seriously, you don't need instructions at all. and the charger is EU... so if you shave, you can get the charger working with your 3-pin --> 2-pin adaptor) but it's all USB so you don't even need a mains charge.)


    Also, I have sent multiple - 2 as of now - requests to XDA for a 'HP Pre 3' forum. Please show your support by PMing Mike Channon (forum admin) quoting my name (it's the same on XDA as it is here) and telling him that you would like to see a Pre 3 forum
    You can buy a Pre 3 for between $200 and $250 now via ebay or craigslist. Not sure why you think there are no QWERTY ones? They aren't as rare as people once thought.
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    You can buy a Pre 3 for between $200 and $250 now via ebay or craigslist. Not sure why you think there are no QWERTY ones? They aren't as rare as people once thought.
    I prefer not to use eBay and other sites like that for things like phones. I've had too many bad experiences with things like MP3 players... They break, and guess what, I bought it through eBay so my warranty was 'void'. Also, they're locked to AT&T and from America, and in Britain, that's not a good thing.

    I'm talking about a phone which is from an official seller and from Ireland, and unlocked.
    Nokia 1110 ---------> S-E J300i ---> HTC Touch ------> HTC Hero --------------> HP Pre 3

  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt95 View Post
    I prefer not to use eBay and other sites like that for things like phones. I've had too many bad experiences with things like MP3 players... They break, and guess what, I bought it through eBay so my warranty was 'void'. Also, they're locked to AT&T and from America, and in Britain, that's not a good thing.

    I'm talking about a phone which is from an official seller and from Ireland, and unlocked.
    The AT&T Pre 3's come with unlock codes. And have 16gb of memory. Mine unlocked just fine.
    Ebay is more trusted to many because of buyer (and seller) protection.
    In terms of warranty, I don't think U.S. buyers expect the phone to come with a warranty. It may be a different story for EU buyers.
    But £160 is a decent price for sure. Too bad it is AZERTY....
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    The AT&T Pre 3's come with unlock codes. And have 16gb of memory. Mine unlocked just fine.
    Ebay is more trusted to many because of buyer (and seller) protection.
    In terms of warranty, I don't think U.S. buyers expect the phone to come with a warranty. It may be a different story for EU buyers.
    But £160 is a decent price for sure. Too bad it is AZERTY....
    Buying from America in the EU means that we do not have the rights you have. We don't have buyer protection past eBay level. That's why we prefer to buy from the EU only, and the cheapest official seller I've seen in the EU is selling for £200, so this £160 offer is better than good to us.
    Nokia 1110 ---------> S-E J300i ---> HTC Touch ------> HTC Hero --------------> HP Pre 3

  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt95 View Post
    it makes sense because there is a monstrous community of devs over at XDA, and having a forum over there would give webOS a little more prevalence. There are a fair few people over there who do not know about this forum. And to be honest, the Pre 3 owning community here is pretty small.

    This is a small forum, no denying, you can argue, but compared to XDA this is tiny. XDA has 20,261 users online at this very moment, of whom I am one. The only reason I found this forum was because I desperately wanted to find a place for Pre-talk, because XDA does not have a forum. If it did have a forum, I guarantee that there would be many more active owners, just because the size of XDA forums is unmatched.

    There will be people who argue that there's just not enough Pre 3s out there to have a solid large community, but that is simply wrong. The devices were still made under contract from HP to (asian, most likely) manufacturers. There will be a huge number of people out there who own a Pre3, and maybe they are not on this forum simply because they do not know it exists, or decide that it is too small for any useful info. If they google "HP Pre 3 Forum" and found XDA, however, they would find a forum with 4,000,000 users. Now surely that would entice them a little more?
    Unfortunately, having seen the quality of the threads in the TouchPad forums on XDA, I can quite categorically say that moving anything there would be a significant drop in the quality of the discussions.

    I tried to start some quality informational threads there regarding homebrew on the touchpad. The experience is the complete opposite of what you suggest would happen.

    I'm sure that XDA is the best place for Android folks. It's not (and I expect never would be) for webOS.

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/02/2011 at 07:42 AM.
  11. #151  
    Last thing I wanna see about my beloved phone is a bunch of people asking how to port android to it. Now if we could just figure out a way to optimize the RAM to help with these blasted tmc errors...

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt95 View Post
    it makes sense because there is a monstrous community of devs over at XDA, and having a forum over there would give webOS a little more prevalence. There are a fair few people over there who do not know about this forum. And to be honest, the Pre 3 owning community here is pretty small.
    webOS is present at XDA for some time, and can anyone point me how many patches XDA community brewed? How many custom ROMs (we know XDA doesn't care too much for licensing)?
    XDA is gathered around HTC phones, at first around Windows mobile and now around Android and WP7. webOS is not their game, and many of them doesn't like webOS to begin with. Yeah, and many, many of their members doesn't like webOS users.
    I saw Rods attempts there, and saw complete luck of meaningful replays.
    Don't get me wrong, I like XDA, especially when I was using Windows Mobile, but when we are talking about webOS, XDA is unusable.

    And, there is one more thing, most of "devs" at XDA are chefs, cooking various ROM's from various devices using kitchens that was made by few guys. There is not so many original and ground breaking development activities present at XDA. Actually, only few guys are making magic, and they all have their production sites.
    Last edited by chalx; 10/02/2011 at 08:05 AM.
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt95 View Post
    This is a small forum, no denying, you can argue, but compared to XDA this is tiny. XDA has 20,261 users online at this very moment, of whom I am one. The only reason I found this forum was because I desperately wanted to find a place for Pre-talk, because XDA does not have a forum. If it did have a forum, I guarantee that there would be many more active owners, just because the size of XDA forums is unmatched.

    [...] and maybe they are not on this forum simply because they do not know it exists, or decide that it is too small for any useful info. If they google "HP Pre 3 Forum" and found XDA, however, they would find a forum with 4,000,000 users. Now surely that would entice them a little more?
    That's crazytalk. Precentral has been *the* site for webos since 2009. Even non-american (and non-english-as-a-first-langauge) people visit this site.

    Users stumbling on a forum while googling for info don't know how big a site is- nor do they care as long as it is active enough. If they find the looked for info there - fine. And Precentral is far from inactive. I browse it daily (and spend way too much time ;-) ) and I'm not even close to following all threads.

    Naturally this site won't have as many visitors as some Android or IOS sites - simply because of webos smaller market share.

    And nothing can increase Pre3 active user base until more are produced. All of the Pre3 on ebay get sold anyway. The number of sites the user base is spread over does not change the fact that the supply will eventually run out. Given the limited size of the user base it's better to aggregate in one place (plus the various non-english sites in Germany and France etc...).

    Anybody googling for infos about webos or the devices running it will stumble on precentral.

    And I never heard of XDA before it got mentioned here on this forum. It all depends on what you are looking for.

    And what does it matter (for somebody interested in webos) how much bigger XDA is - if 99.9% of all discussion there is about non-webos issues? Size doesn't help if it's on totally different topics. I'm sure there's a big site with 45 million users in China where they talk about - dunno - Chinas Next Topmodel or something. How would it help to have a webos subforum there?

    Fragmentation doesn't help when the market share is smallish to begin with.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  14. #154  
    Hmm, thanks everyone, I see your points.

    @Chalx - most of the ROMs there are based on CyanogenMod. The CyanogenMod team build sources, and they also built the Android port for the TP. I know a lot of people love webOS, I'm one of them, but I'm still sure that lots of people would still like to see the flexibility of Android on a 1.4GHz £70 powerhouse.

    I love the slickness of WebOS, but the fact that I can't change anything sort of ruins the experience... :/ I would love to see Android on the Pre3 and I thought that a forum on XDA would bring the Pre3 to the attention of the Android lovers over there.

    The Pre3 would get Android for the same reason as the TP, because they're cheap, and an Android phone with the Pre3's specs and the Pre3's price would be dreamy.

    I'm not insulting WebOS in any way, but if had used an Android phone for a while in the past few years, you would see what I mean.
    Nokia 1110 ---------> S-E J300i ---> HTC Touch ------> HTC Hero --------------> HP Pre 3

  15. #155  
    I bought 2 and I have one for sale. These are ATT Pre3 with unlock code. I'm selling one for $290. Let me know if you are interested.
  16. #156  
    I love the slickness of WebOS, but the fact that I can't change anything sort of ruins the experience... :/ I would love to see Android on the Pre3 and I thought that a forum on XDA would bring the Pre3 to the attention of the Android lovers over there.


    Really? I would say webOS is the only OS that allows you to change everything...


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

  17. #157  
    I received my AT&T Pre 3 from eBay Thursday, three days ago. It is a very sweet phone. I like the slightly larger screen and keyboard. I am doing a trial run on a pre-paid plan from AT&T to test it out before I switch out my FrankenPre 2. So far so good. Love my webOS!!
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post


    Really? I would say webOS is the only OS that allows you to change everything...


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    hmm, to me it seems a little confined, but I did just come from a 3 year history with an old Legacy-like Android phone. It was one of the devices that just never died, people developed for 2 years, and there are thousands of ports for it, and a huge number of themes thanks to T-Mobile's theme engine for Gingerbread.

    On that phone I changed absolutely everything at least once a week, but on my Pre3 I don't have widgets or alternate launchers or anything like the stuff I got on Android.

    Don't get me wrong, I adore webOS, I just feel a little bored because I'm not constantly changing things. To change things on webOS you need to be fairly competant with themes and the SDK, but on Android I was changing things when I didn't even know what Android was... (seriously, I bought the phone as an impulse thing, it said "Android OS - Cupcake" but I didn't have a clue what that meant)

    But back to your point (sorry, I ramble... a lot...), webOS is fair from IOS, where everything is in a set position and you can't change a thing; but it's still not as good as Android in terms of versatility. I'd say it's just about half-way inbetween them, and in alot of ways, that's a good thing, because the UI is much more slick and refined than Android, but it's still not as customizable.
    Nokia 1110 ---------> S-E J300i ---> HTC Touch ------> HTC Hero --------------> HP Pre 3

  19. #159  
    Now that prices are so much lower than when I bought my AT&T Pre3, I'm strongly considering buying a second one as a backup in case something happens to this one. Doesn't seem very likely that you'll be able to find spare parts or get them fixed if something were to get broken.
    pre4 likes this.
  20. #160  
    just picked up my at&t pre 3 on ebay on monday. 258 shipped with touchstone and unlock code should arrive tomorrow !
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions