View Poll Results: Are you owning a Pre3?

Voters
767. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I am a lucky one.

617 80.44%
  • No. But I would like to.

150 19.56%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aphradesky View Post
    My first Pre3 (T-Mobile) became crippled after one year of use. I still have it and it works great provided you are tethered to a wall socket. For some reason, it will only run on a fully charged battery for about 15 to 20 minutes, then the screen cuts in half (bottom half goes all black) and starts to act quirky. So, I purchased a second Pre3 which I am using now with the battery from the first. All is well!!! I also own a Veer as a backup and a 32gb Touchpad with ACL on it for the Android side of things (mainly for Netflix). No dual boot. It looked too complicated to do.
    I have a brand new in box Pre 2 Verizon only and a White 64gb Touchpad because I worked at HP. Are you interested in either ?
    Ron Proctor likes this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    This.

I'm close to pre-ordering a BlackBerry Classic as a replacement. I think this is the closest thing that matches all my criteria: non-touchscreen only slate and wireless charging.

Just need to see if the Qi is like the Nexus 5 (magnetic coupling to dock) or the Nexus 4 (sticky pad that Derek hates). If it's magnetic we have a winner. Or if the Qi is only on certain models (looking at you, Verizon.)

The magnetic Qi mods on YouTube are very impressive, seems even better than Touchstone.

Actually interesting note on YouTube... I find videos that don't play, but those same videos don't play on Android either, it's usually due to the desktop restriction thing. Otherwise I've never had any problems. The browser is, however, a real problem. SSL 2035 and scrollbars within page come to mind.
    Now that is interesting. I was thinking about a Passport but couldnt find definite word on wireless charging. Does the Passport has it? I understood it didnt. That would be a (small) killer for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJoe2 View Post
    Now that is interesting. I was thinking about a Passport but couldnt find definite word on wireless charging. Does the Passport has it? I understood it didnt. That would be a (small) killer for me.
    The current version out on ShopBlackBerry and Amazon doesn't but supposedly one of the future variants (possibly a carrier exclusive) will.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Still have my ATT Pre 3 sitting on the wireless charger next to the bed and read tweets through Project Macaw, my first smart phone....sad panda.
    I use a Pre3 as every day phone. Despite the odd quirky behavior, I love it. Best mobile OS still. (Writing this on my Touchpad)
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MUNOGABBAGABBA View Post
    I have a brand new in box Pre 2 Verizon only and a White 64gb Touchpad because I worked at HP. Are you interested in either ?
    I am interested for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by megazac View Post
    I just recently picked up an ATT Pre 3 16GB on Amazon for $90. I have an email alert everytime there is a price drop. Been waiting for it to drop under $100. I think there were 4 sold at that price.
    Think an AT&T pre3 could work on StraightTalk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Proctor View Post
    Think an AT&T pre3 could work on StraightTalk?
    Yes. StraightTalk is an AT&T-based MVNO. But T-Mobile will work as well, since they've moved their 3G service to the same frequencies AT&T phones use.
    The phone needs to be unlocked, I believe.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    The phone needs to be unlocked, I believe.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    From your signature I can see you are using Forums un-patched? You should check out the patch for Forums in my forum signature. It fixes a lot of things in the app, and adds an export button that will be useful when I add the app to the app gallery.
    cbosdell and Remy X like this.
    using pre 3 UK version for two years still works ok, also have two new spares both activated ready to use,
    and two Touchpads on webOS, not giving up just because HP is closing cloud services.
    had a veer. my brother broke it.
    got a pre3 last year. use it as an everyday phone. the best i've used until now (may also be the longest)
    had to do a secure full erase... having problems now as i cant seem to add my facebook or google accounts since a couple of weeks...
    Don't want to let go of the pre 3 though
    Quote Originally Posted by abhishekmalyala View Post
    got a pre3 last year. use it as an everyday phone. the best i've used until now (may also be the longest)
    had to do a secure full erase... having problems now as i cant seem to add my facebook or google accounts since a couple of weeks...
    Google changed their API. To synch google calendar, you need to install the C Dav connector. There is a big thread here about how to make it work.

Don't use facebook, but I think it is broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by abhishekmalyala View Post
    As petbull said, Google changed their API for calendar - the standard Google account does still work with mail, IM, and contacts if you install the Google sync patch in my signature (In case you can't view my signature, it's here: [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in) ). Based on some other posts I've seen since Facebook killed the webOS app on the server side, I think accounts will not be able to sign in unless we can get them to restore it.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I am on my fourth and most likely last Pre 3.

A week or two ago I noticed that I'm getting more and more latency with my SMS. It started out with a minute of two of delay, but now it's up to several hours. AT&T. I can sometimes get them to pop in quicker by airplane mode on and then off, or rebooting, but it's an enormous inconvenience. E-mail works fine. I don't know if this is just me (and if so, any ideas?), or if this just another symptom of this whole debacle...I am just so very, very sad.
    I've seen a number of posts about SMS delay, but I don't know if a cause was ever established. Do you have a lot of text messages on your phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    I am on my fourth and most likely last Pre 3.

A week or two ago I noticed that I'm getting more and more latency with my SMS. It started out with a minute of two of delay, but now it's up to several hours. AT&T. I can sometimes get them to pop in quicker by airplane mode on and then off, or rebooting, but it's an enormous inconvenience. E-mail works fine. I don't know if this is just me (and if so, any ideas?), or if this just another symptom of this whole debacle...I am just so very, very sad.
    The use of special characters can be a reason
    I remember the sms delay. Oh god. And it's really bad when you're trying to fix a failing relationship 😂😢

That's why I prefer instant messaging

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T
    I change my Iphone 4s for a HP Pre 3,im lucky,because i found a unlocked model, because a live outside of US, and all the HP pre 3 i see cames from UK or USA.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Yes, I sometimes use special characters, but I have always "sometimes used special characters". In an average week, I will use maybe one or two special characters (such as <-- nothing too out there).

This problem has been getting worse and worse, and now it takes over 12 hours before I can access or get notification of a received message UNLESS I reboot the cellphone which seems to kick it to go look. (Sometimes the Airplane Mode On - Airplane Mode Off "soft boot" works, but rarely).

Sending SMS / MMS works fine (recipients get my messages instantaneously); browsing works fine; sending and receiving e-mail works fine...just accessing incoming SMS and MMS takes an unusable amount of time. I know that the message was properly delivered because when I am finally notified that I have a message waiting for me, the timestamp is correct...several hours prior.

I had AT&T do diagnostics on my account just in case, and after four days of effort, they found nothing. They suggested it was the handset, or the sim. I swapped out for a new sim today to try the least impact approach, and no change. My last resort is to Doctor my phone and see if that will get messaging to work again correctly. If it doesn't, I have to say I'm done and will have to move to another platform, as this issue makes staying on webOS just too friggin' hard (rebooting several times a day "just in case" I have a message waiting for me, or missing a time-critical SMS / MMS is too much). I guess one more option is to delete my profile and create a new one, but with the Apps Catalog locked to free only, again: I've passed the "too hard" line.

The question then becomes: Which new phone to get? I've been on Palm and webOS for so long, that I'm having a tough time even focusing. I know I don't want an iPhone, and I understand that for anything good I will no longer have a physical keyboard, but other than that.....

I need to dual-boot my TouchPad soon, but at least it isn't acting flaky.

Just heartbreaking....
    Last edited by Anastasia; 12/07/2014 at 12:07 AM.